Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#61 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-20-2012, 07:41 PM

Wow. More amazing dolls. I've been waiting for some of your contest entries. I think my fav is the black & white mermaid, it's just so unique. The Amazing doll is so pretty, but it lloks like the skintones of her head and body don't match. O_o I dunno, that could just be my phone. Also I have to say I adore the colors of your Life in Paradise doll. I am absolutely not suprised you choose blue and, purple for your self-portrait mermaid. ^^ And last, but definately not least, your trapped angel. She is very intruiging. I don't quite know what to think of her actually. She's so pretty but tragic.

Anyways, I can't wait to see more. ^_^

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#62 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-11-2012, 10:56 PM

I've noticed your using more of the super glittery glitters now. It's nice to see some change in dolling. And it looks good!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#63 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 11-11-2012, 11:02 PM

Thanks! When my maker was offline I made my dolls using 100% Photoshop, and that only glitters using a noise feature. I really love all of TDP's glitters, but it was a lot of extra work to use that, and I wasn't always premi. Now that my maker's online I'm thoroughly enjoying the super sparkle, and as an added bonus it's much quicker!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 11-30-2012, 04:32 AM

I lovee the Paradise doll, Sooo gorgeous!
How come when you make dolls on TDP the colours dont go all wrong for you...it used to didnt it? whenever I made dolls using backgrounds from my maker it always went wrong....

(#65 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 11-30-2012, 10:43 AM

I make my doll in sections on TDP makers. SOMETIMES I'm able to make the entire doll and save it with glitter then just edit the frame to have transparency. But other times I'll have to do it in layers. Like, one layer is the glittered frame, the the props and doll, then the background, I'll take those pieces and merge them on PS.

Even doing it in sections on TDP is much quicker than making it completely in PS. I think it's because you don't have to search your files on your computer, but rather you just have everything there waiting. Changing colors is also quicker on TDP, though if I need a very specific change (like skin tones) I do that on PS.

(#66 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 11-30-2012, 02:44 PM

New Dolls Up!

Maker: .什 Options 陘.

I forget who's contest this was for. I remember it was a Sari contest, and that I was less than thrilled to be making a doll for it because I thought sari's were boring, but then I started making this and actually LOVED how it came out. India has such mystical beauty, and I was able to make a very unique sari (which is why I wasn't thrilled, I typically think they're boring).

This is my Elven Beauty. She's from the Underground Territory. I had the hardest time with the animals, not very many PRETTY animals burror underground, lol. There's a bunny, and a hedgehog, and a porcupine, but then there's also a snake, a spider, a cricket, and a worm. Talk about diversity! xD The doll looked great up until I glittered it, then she got all pixely. I hate it when that happens. Darn. I don't know if you can tell, but I shadowed half of her so show the light coming from upper left. As the contests go on I'm going to retreat further into my burrow. Lol

1st doll I made when I came back from Vegas. Not too shabby being out of practice, right? Well, I like it, at least. I was able to make it work for two contests, Ness's Windy contest, it's original intention, and then Miranda's Fantasy Pets R2: Pegasus contest.

(#67 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 11-30-2012, 02:52 PM

I REALLY like how this one turned out. So glad I had this background saved, it worked perfectly for Mercury. I really like her skin tone, almost glowing with emitted heat. I'm LOVING these contests. All the DIFFERENT requirements are a lot of fun and so beyond fabulous creativity, I'm beside myself.

I also really LOVE how this one turned out. She had to be STUNNING, come on, it's VENUS, the BEAUTY GODDESS!!! It HAD to be feminine, (Girls come from Venus!). So the long hair, the girly dress, the flowers, all of it was a must have. I really love her headpiece too. Man oh man would I LOVE to have that headpiece, or at least see it IRL. Can you imagine how stunning that would be to wear to a masquerade or something?! WANT!!!

Can't wait for the next round, so excited to see the new set of requirements.

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 11-30-2012 at 03:33 PM.
(#68 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-30-2012, 04:28 PM

Wow Lovie you have some great work.

I remember that Sari contest. I was going to enter than I didn't cause I kept hearing the voice of my Indian teacher at Fashino Design school telling me everything that was wrong with it.

Your Elf is so pretty. I love all of the detail in the dress. And this is just my random insanity, but when I see the little worm I want it to dance ^_^ Oh and I did notice the shading, very nice.

Your wind beauties is pretty. For some reason all of the white is kinda hypnotizing me today.

You're right the background on Mercury is perfect. I really liked the little critters that you put on this one, very cute.

I think Venus is my favorite. I love the colors and the glitter and the dress and the headpiece and the hair and... just everything! The flowers look really cool with the whole doll. Very nice. I'm glad you like this pageant. I have to get the next round prepared so there won't be a delay.

Keep up with the amazing work.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#69 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-30-2012, 04:56 PM

I love the Miss Universe dolls! Lol I'm looking at my Venus WIP and thinking, dang, I need to kick it up ten or so notches!

The shadow detail on your elf was ingenious, kudos! My favorite non-pageant doll is you sari doll. I was going to enter but just didn't have time.

While I like your wind doll, I just can't help feeling like it's missing something all of the other ones have, but I think that's do to the fact that it's the first one you made after getting back from Vegas. I can really see you coming back into your element with the Venus doll.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#70 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-19-2013, 10:53 AM

Time for a MAJOR doll dump:

This one was for Ness's fantasy dress contest where she wanted us to take regular dresses and use acessories to fantasize them. Credit to both her maker and mine.

This one is for Shino's Planets Pageant. This round was Earth, and she wanted us to be as correctly detailed as possible. I wanted something wow-worthy, so my choices of contenents were limited because so many now wear modern-day clothes only. But Brazil is famous for the largely decorated dancers, so of course I stuck with that. ^^ Credit to mine and Ness's maker, I think.

Typically I wait for a contest to air it's entries before I post mine in my thread, but since I tend to fall behind on updating I figured I should get this out of the way now. This is for Erica's All Grown Up contest. I chose Madeline because she posed a challenge. After some research I kept coming up on a phrase from her books, where she was at a circus/zoo and walked right up to a caged tiger and said "Pooh-Pooh", symbolizing her courageous demeanor. I figured as a fearless adventure seeking adult, she should be a ring leader with a tiger taming show. Credit to my maker.