Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 09-09-2012, 10:41 PM

I really love all of your dolls Lovie, I knew that you would love the challenge of making the naga bases and you did a superb job on all of them, I dont know where you find the time as they look like they would have been quite time consuming, I also love the face on your doll she looks true Indian, Great job!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-09-2012, 11:47 PM

You drew that elephant from scratch? Whoa, girl! That's amazing! Especially since it's such a large prop...between all the new bases and the fact that you are creating props from scratch, I can't wait for your maker to open up xD

The only crit I have, and it's not even really crit, more of a question, but why does her face look so different in the seren doll? I know she's out of her element, but something about it is a little off-putting; I'm not quite sure what it is, but I think it's the pink blush. It's the only head that doesn't look as Indian as the others (which, as Ness said, really nailed it). Anyway, I guess that's more of a personal preference.

My favorites of these new ones are the long-hair one (LOVE that frame), and of course your final round non-Naga.

Another thing? I noticed you started doing shadows in the naga dolls! Yay! I always love seeing shadows dolls; really pulls them together IMO

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 09-10-2012, 12:17 AM

I cant speak for Lovie and correct me if I'm wrong but I think that in her peaceful naga doll she was wearing makeup in pastels and that was something that her doll would not normally wear, that is why her face didnt look as authentically "Indian", her doll was also wearing a fluffy pink top which was also out of the ordinary, the theme was to portray your doll in an environment that she is not comfortable in and another option was to dress her in clothing she would normally wear....nailed it!

(#44 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-10-2012, 12:41 AM

I agree, shadows are definately a finishing touch. I've been doing them for a long while, but some dolls I just don't find them necessary.

The Serene doll was actually rushed. I slipped up. Ness was right about the pastels being on purpose, but I forgot to change the body color to match, and didn't realize it until well after I entered it. She was supposed to be 'glowing' from all the beautiful magic of the scenery since she's a monster, thus darker themed (and reds). The serene doll was a cooler mellower theme (in blues) and I wanted her skin to compliment her new surroundings. I'm glad you took notice in the top Ness! I was indeed going for clothing that she wouldn't typically wear. In all her Naga forms I had belly-dancer-type tops, the serene doll I went more fantasy-fairy, and the final never-turned-monster doll I went with traditional (and more, but not completely modest) sari dress.

I really like that ya'll pick apart the details, I work so hard to put them into the dolls it's nice to hear they're noticed and that I wasn't wasting my time with minor details!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#45 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-10-2012, 12:22 PM

Wow! Lovie your dolls are just amazing! I have to say of all of them I think the first Naga doll is my favorite. I just love her. But the last one is amazing too. I like the 'like it never happened' Oh and that elephant is amazing!
(#46 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-21-2012, 11:57 AM

Thanks everyone!

New Doll! I haven't had time to doll in a long time, so I'm glad I finally got around to my Historical Hottie: Jacqueline Kennedy

You're lucky it's animated, lol. I seriously almost went old-school in favor of a more truesque portrait, but I was afraid others might not appreciate that and vote low on it, so I grudgingly animated it.

All from my NOW ONLINE maker . Options .

I used this as a reference pic to the whole doll.

(#47 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-21-2012, 12:47 PM

Very nice. I love the colors that you used.

The only CC I have is that the fire draws my eye immediately away from her. Maybe if it wasn't so big, or if the animation was slower. *shrugs* Dunno. Of course it's not like I've ever done any animation.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
(#48 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-21-2012, 12:54 PM

I see what you mean. Next time I do a fire animation I will make a bit transparent so that it doesn't take away from the rest of the doll. Thanks for the CC! I really appreciate it.

(#49 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-22-2012, 05:18 PM

New doll! This one was for MsShino's Mythology contest. I love contests that require research and detail, so I had lots of fun with this one.

I used my personal maker . Options . The frame was made by eros, and the feathers came from a Google search. The hole in the sky and swirls came from TekTek.

(#50 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Default 09-23-2012, 08:40 PM

Oh very pretty.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie