Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 02-12-2011, 02:03 PM

Next up was Ness's Miss USA contest. Backgrounds and such were not allowed, so I spent A LOT of time editing this...since backgrounds and such are normally my WOW-factors, lol. Something that I think is a fun fact...that dress was modeled after Miss Piggy's Vegas dress...lol. I just find it incredibly random to have a doll link up with her...probably because I'm simple like that xD. And because this doll had so much effort put in it, I edited it a little bit more for my temporary Valentine Siggy. The matching avi is ho-hum and not note-worthy, like, at all, lol.

After I finished updating my long-deprived avi/siggy set, I made another doll for one of Ness's contests: Valentine's Day. I was sort of in a big hurry making this one because I had many more dolls to doll and prizes to make...which I still have to do that latter...bleh. And the last one for this post, I really like. It's for Miranda's Back In Black contest. Normally I'm not a huge fan of easy themes, but I had a stroke of inspiration and decided to make my best attempt ever on a Gothic Lolita doll. I'm pretty darn proud of it too xD.

Each doll was made with one or more of the following resorces:
Google, StyleDollz Premi maker, Ness's maker PURRRFECTION, and my offline maker.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 02-12-2011, 02:21 PM

And finally:

Yeah, I just realized that blue and purple have sort of been a "theme" with these last few dolls xD. What?! They're pretty together! ^^ The first doll was created for Miranda's Fantasy Centaur contest located in the Contests Section...since the site is NOW BACK UP...WOOOO!!!!! *ahem* I wanted to make something wow-worthy, so I put in the extra effort for an animated background. Using the water backgrounds take A LOT of extra time and effort, so I only do them occasionally. I use this site to get the effect, I then use Photoshop to put the doll together...all 12 layers...which before merging is closer to around 58. 0.o Up next is a doll I put together for one of my own contests, also located in the Contests Section. It's the contest image...that's why it's so small. Any larger, even a pixel more, and the Contest Section won't animate it. Bleh. And the most recent doll I just finished...it's actually still open in my Photoshop program, whoops. Heh. It was created for Ness's Fantasia: Dragons contest (Contest Section). I was really excited to enter this doll since I've been dyin' to use one of the dragons I found on Gai...or whichever...and I just noticed another theme. Apparently I adore making celestial dolls too. Course, that counts towards my favorite types of dolls (Light and Serene), so I guess I can see why.

Okay, that's all for now! I'd like to hear what ya'll think! ...and uh, there are 4 posts of dolls btw...^.^

All dolls were made with one or more of the following resorces:
Google, Gai Online, WaterEffect, WallpapersHD iPhone App,
StyleDollz Premi maker, Ness's maker PURRRFECTION, and my offline maker.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-20-2011, 11:55 PM

I think all your dolls are cool and look professional. I especially think the way you got the water to ripple on the Centaur doll is amazing!

(#24 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-21-2011, 02:59 PM

Thanks Rachel! I really do adore doing the water technique, but it is extremely time consuming. I do miss doing the Dollmaker dolls, but they tend to come in 3's and 4's, whereas the HD dolls I only ever feel obligated to go 1 at a time, lol. There are days where I miss TDP from before I started the Club. I never felt guilty for not entering other's contests back then. But now I do, so it's much more time consuming than what it used to be.

Aw well, maybe, with any luck, I'll be able to doll for a bit before the baby is born? But that relies on many many factors, such as getting the house fixed up, and moved in, and whether or not my Gracie decides to come early, which I expect she will, lol.

(#25 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 10-26-2011, 01:55 AM

Haven't made a doll in forever! I'm at the end of my pregnancy and in quite a bit of pain, so the distraction was lovely. Sorry, but I feel this isn't up to my normal standard. I feel EXTREMELY out of practice, lol.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
sentimental7 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 10-26-2011, 03:55 PM

I think your dolls are lovely <3 I always enjoy your themes and how you put everything together. You're very talented! I also enjoy your usage of blue and purple. :3

(Congrats on the pregnancy by the way, I hope she's healthy <3)

(#27 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 10-26-2011, 04:21 PM

Lol, I keep forgetting to switch things up a bit. I'm just SUCH a suc.ker for blue and purple, I think they look AMAZING together.

I have a new dollie. I'm in the middle of another so I'll probably end up merging it to this post if no one comments inbetween. They're both free of...well mostly free of blues and purples, lol.

(#28 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-26-2011, 04:25 PM

First I am really glad that you entered my contest.
Second, I love how you can use a simple dollmaker and make something nice from it.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 10-26-2011, 04:41 PM

I'm a non-premi now, so your contest was a Godsend, lol. Aaron brought out my dollmaker gear, but it's still a hassel to hook it up. I tried my bestest to use only Goddess props. Only thing not from the maker is the frame and sky.

EDIT: Finished the other doll I was working on. It's not note-worthy in the least, so I won't be posting it here, lol. I lost my steam, lol.

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 10-26-2011 at 05:58 PM.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 03-12-2012, 01:28 AM

Wow...last doll I made was 11 days before my daughter was born, and she's well over 4 months old now. Yikes!

Here's a new dollie! I MIGHT be making more in the future. We finally have a bedtime set up for my Princess, and she's pretty good about staying asleep, well, at night at least.

This Tulip contest caught my eye. Why? Oh it's nothing really...nothing but the most amazing thing I ever happened upon on Google EVER! Hello ANGELIQUE TULIP! (For those that don't know; Angelique is MY name!) And could a Tulip be any more gorgeous?! I think NOT!

And if you'll please take note in one detail:
zomg the dress is an Angelique Tulip! YEAH! I went there! xD