Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#91 (permalink))
Old
LillyAwesome (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-11-2013, 11:48 AM

I love your "Dream Giver" doll a couple of posts up. Its really pretty!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#92 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-11-2013, 07:37 PM

These dolls are amazing Lovie!

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#93 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 07-21-2013, 12:40 AM

Thanks!

Ok, new dolls:

First was for Donette's Monsters High contest that her daughters judged. I had a lot of fun making this. I've never seen the show, but I have a family member who just LOVES Monsters High, so I had to enter.

Second was for Miranda's MLP contest. I really like the humanized versions of them. Very cool.

Last was my contest image. I don't know why, but I just REALLY liked how it turned out, lol.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#94 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-21-2013, 12:44 AM

And finally:

Both for Ness's Adventure contest. We were supposed to have our character showing how they spent a large inheritance. My Witch poisoned the coins and left them for peasants to pick up. My thought process was that a witch has no need for money, but she loves cursing people, and what better way than to play into humanity's natural greed? My Super Hero of course had to save the day with hers in a completely selfless act. My thought process was the mad scientist tainted the town's water supply and in order to get the cure his freedom and high coinage were required.

(#95 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-25-2013, 12:12 AM

Very nice! The animation is smooth along with glitter and I'm assuming you put the backgrounds together with props, right? The ideas of how to use the gold were also quite creative.
My CC's would be that it was difficult to figure out what the witch did with the gold, until you explained it. Excluding the fact of Misfortune, it could be taken that she's subtly giving gold to beggars.
To Save Mankind, this doll is truly amazing and well thought out. I'm sure it's just me being picky, but some shadows may have improved it. And is there a river behind the bars? It's hard to tell what it is.

(#96 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-25-2013, 12:46 AM

Shoot. And here I thought the cauldron emitting death smoke was obvious. Gah. I need to learn to be less obscure I guess? Lol

I wasn't impressed with the super hero doll, so in the end I didn't put a whole lot of effort into it. I agree the background is very hard to see beyond the bars. It's actually a mad scientists laboratory.

Thanks for the critiques!

(#97 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-28-2013, 10:27 AM

Okay, I used The Breast Cancer Awareness dolls on TDP, and the heads I made YEARS ago...this is actually my 1st time using them, lol.

I wasn't going to put this in my doll thread, but its been requested that I do.

(#98 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-28-2013, 11:59 AM

I don't know WHY you wouldn't post it here; it's a really amazing doll! Did you make those heads specifically for HoN, or did you modify them a bit for this contest?

I really like the outfits you chose for all of them because I think they fit the characters, and I can tell who they are. I love the frame and background too!

And for your pageant dolls, I'm glad you explained the idea behind the witch; once I knew what you were going for, I thought it was very creative and outside-the-box. My favorite part is the rippling waves in the fountain. I'm still a little confused by the story of your superhero, but it's a well put together doll regardless, and the animation on that one must have taken forever.

Love the Frankie and Sunset Shimmer dolls as well!

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#99 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 07-29-2013, 01:55 PM

Yeah, I edited those heads specifically for the HoN girls. I think I planned on making an awesome spirit circle doll, but forgot all about Damien and just sort of dropped the project altogether. Glad I finally had a use for them!

I guess I wasn't going to post it because I myself wasn't impressed with it. I edited the heads, but it was so long ago that it almost felt like cheating, lol. And using premade clothed bases, even if their clothes are somewhat changed, also felt like cheating. But then, casual clothes aren't my thing, I don't have much of any on my maker.

(#100 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-04-2013, 04:41 PM

Okay, time for a doll dump. Don't worry, it's only 4 and not a bajillion.

First up was for Donette's Native American background contest, which, at first, I honestly did not like the background and saw little options to use it. Then I got started. Once I cleared out the animals on the bottom half with the lake, I had a great idea and really loved the finished product.

Then it was a fairy pageant. I made 2 entries, but I only really liked this one:

I really like how you have to search for what's in the background. Sort of like, evil is hidden everywhere. 0_o