Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#121 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-21-2013, 03:49 PM

Here's my entry for the new forums Dollmaker contest; Rowan, Kestrel and Jade Redfern from "Daughters Of Darkness" by L J Smith. It's one of the "Night World" series. I chose to doll all three of them as they're sisters and come as a group. Rowan, Kestrel and Jade are all vampires.

Dollmaker: Purrrfection.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#122 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-21-2013, 04:53 PM

I've never read that series, but I do like the doll...er dolls. I also really like the text.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#123 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 07-24-2013, 12:27 AM

I really like these dolls -- usually I don't like that pale of a complexion on dolls but here it looks really nice. The glittering is also really great.

(#124 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-04-2013, 03:29 PM

Finally got some time spare to make dolls! I made three, each for a different contest onsite. Makers as always are Lovie's and Ness's makers.

First doll was for Lovie's Future contest. I chose to do an alien, in a weird dreamland which is her home world. Her race can levitate and summon fireflies to help them.

Second doll was for the Foxy Felines contest. This is a foxgirl standing outside her woodland home.

Finally, I made a doll for Donette's Native American Spirit contest. It's meant to show how the Native Americans were at one with nature. The girl is pictured standing next to her totem animal.

(#125 (permalink))
Old
LillyAwesome (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Default 08-04-2013, 05:19 PM

Wow, I especially like the frame you put on your native american doll. I like how you have a concept kinda thing to your dolls. You really put some thought into it, and make great dolls.

(#126 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 08-05-2013, 11:13 AM

Great dolls Miranda! I like the Foxy one the best, and kudos to you for entering the Future contest. I was suprised I haven't had entries for it yet, lol.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#127 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-27-2013, 09:31 AM

Two new dolls. The first one was for Lovie's "Creepy" contest. The doll is a Diclonius from the anime Elfen Lied. The white arms are her vectors and she's killed someone with them, hence the blood splashes.

This doll is for Donette's "Monster High - Draculaura" contest. Took me ages to edit her, and I found the logo on google.

Both dolls were made using Purrrfection and Options.

(#128 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 10-11-2013, 02:57 PM

Just one more doll here, but it took me ages and I'm really proud of it!

This is Bloody Mary. Once, a girl named Mary was badly scarred in an accident. When she looked in a mirror and saw her face, she went insane. Now, if you look in a mirror and say "Bloody Mary" three times, she will appear... but beware! She will also jump out of the mirror and scratch your face off.

Makers: Purrrfection and Options.

(#129 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Default 07-27-2014, 03:55 PM

Alien-The doll is simple, but it's pretty cool!
Foxy-This one is so cute! The frame fits well with the doll.
Native American-I like how the doll's hair is flowing in the wind!
Creepy-I must of been gone during this contest, and I'm sad to have missed out! This doll is awesome. It's funny how she looks all sweet and innocent with her little pink dress and kitty, but behind the sweet disguise is a gruesome killer!
Monster High-I don't watch the show, but I looked her up to see how she really looked. You did a great job recreating her in doll form!
Bloody Mary-The little blood details add a nice touch! And just curious, where did you find the dress for Bloody Mary?

(#130 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-27-2014, 04:26 PM

I don't think I even noticed this doll back when you posted it (looking at the date, it's probably because classwork was increasing in the days up to finals week), but you have every right to be proud of it and should be proud of it cause it's a great doll! My favorite part is the partial reflection of the girl standing off to the side of the mirror, such a nice touch.

I can only think of a couple things that could improve this doll, and (forewarning) they're very nitpicky so feel free to totally ignore what I say. If it were me, I would have chosen a different background color for the mirror instead of white, opting for more of a pale blue or a silver instead. You may or may not have layering capabilities (I don't know what program you use), but since I use GIMP, I'd have decreased Mary's opacity so that she looks more in the mirror. But I have a feeling you meant to make her look like she's coming out of it cause that's what her ghost story says she does!

Like I said, SUPER nitpicky CC; this doll is still really well made. The text fits perfectly, and I've always said you have a knack for subtle glitter

Av/Sig set: Lovie