Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#91 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-07-2012, 09:41 PM

Entry for Kiwi's dollmaker contest.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#92 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-18-2012, 06:59 PM

Just wanted to post a couple of dolls I've done that I'm proud of; I've been working on making my own frames a bit recently, too. ^_^ Hopefully, I'll be able to use some soon. XD

This was my first entry for Ness's "Mythological Beauties" pagaent. I chose to doll a centaur, cuz I love centaurs. = ) The first round was to show the doll in their natural state; I chose to show my centaur in a forest. Centaurs don't, as a general rule, wear clothes as such so I dolled my centaur in such a way as to have her hair hiding her bo'obs. XD I also gave her a bow and arrows, and a belt made of flowers. Doll was made on Ness's maker, and she also gave me the centaur base. The centaur's tail I made from a blonde doll head.

Here's the second entry; the second round was to portray your mythological beauty in love. I of course chose a handsome centaur male to doll with my beauty; I had to do some editing to make them look as tho they had their arms around each other, and also to a unicorn base so that my centaur beauty could be rearing up against her lover. Again, the tails were made from doll heads. The doll was made again on Purrrfection, and the beautiful frame is Tink's!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#93 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 08-18-2012, 07:05 PM

I really love the second one, so cute! And the green glitter shows up better than the white for the first one.

(#94 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 08-25-2012, 08:59 AM

Yeah; I asked for frames in between the dolls. ^^

This is a doll I made for the forums dollmaker contest; the theme was "Disney Fashion". I figured that a model showing off clothes that were Lion King themed would be dressed in fake fur and animal print, so that's what I based this doll on. The character the model is portraying is Nala. Used Ness's dollmaker, and the frame is my own.

(#95 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-25-2012, 12:39 PM

Really cute Miranda! I love the border!

(#96 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-25-2012, 01:05 PM

I am in love with this doll (and it certainly helps that you dolled one of my favorite Disney characters ever; Nala is such a great example of a strong female, even if she is feline). I love that frame, and the background fits perfectly, but my favorite part, is that you added the zebra print. after all, she is a huntress, so it's like she's wearing the trophy of a successful hunt. (Yes, I know it's fake fur, but that's the idea that comes across...it works really well!)

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#97 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 09-04-2012, 06:03 PM

Entry for MsShino's contest, of which the theme is Myths From Around The World.

The Mother Of Monsters.

This doll represents the myth of Angrboda, the mother of monsters, from Norse mythology. Odin forbade Loki to have anything to do with the frost giantess Angrboda, but he defied Odin and took the giantess as his mistress. Angrboda gave birth to three monstrous children. The firstborn was Hel, who was a normal girl from the waist up, but below her waist she was hideous and rotting like a corpse. The secondborn was a gigantic grey wolf, named Fenrir. The final child born of the union was Jormungand, a huge serpent.

The Norns warned Odin that the brood of Angrboda and Loki were dangerous, and would be the result of great evil if they were to wander free. Hel was banished to the underworld, Jormungand was thrown into the ocean. Only the great wolf, Fenrir, was left free for the moment. Hel soon became feared as the Queen of the dead and Jormungand made the ocean a terrifying place as he soon became so big he could circle the world and take his tail in his mouth. Fenrir eventually was bound with an enchanted ribbon as he too grew to an immense size and strength.

Credit goes to: Ness for her maker Purrrfection, tektek for the wolf, Tinks for the frame and Google for the background.

(#98 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-04-2012, 06:10 PM

Wow. Very nice. I think you are the first to finish an entry. *is so happy ^_^*
(#99 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 09-20-2012, 07:48 AM

Wow! Fab job on this one Miranda, I love that you chose that particular myth, a myth that a lot of people probably havent heard of before, I cant wait till i have time to doll something for that contest, Love it!

(#100 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-21-2012, 01:02 PM

I really love the background you chose for this. It really shows all the chaos of the myth. And you didn't leave a single detail out, awesome!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!