Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Doll Maker Everything related to The Doll Palace DollMaker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Borders - 03-05-2011, 02:07 PM

Ok, so I see some dolls in the contests that have these beautful borders surrounding them. Is there a website I can go to or do I have to be premi?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-05-2011, 02:28 PM

You can make borders if you like; I tend to get mine however from the personal makers, which are only accessable to premis.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 03-08-2011, 05:57 PM

Those were all created either by the person who's doll it belongs to, or by someone they know from their personal maker. Most of my frames were created by my husband or myself, but I've used a few from other's makers as well from time to time.

They're quite easy and fun to make, and if you save them you'll soon have quite a collection of your own to choose from.

You can make them easily on your own by Googling Vectors, or scrolls, or borders, you get the idea. When you see something you like, piece it together in an art program (I use Photoshop, but you can make them on Paint as well...if you have a Mac then let us know and we'll give you a link to a program you can use.) When you're done piecing it together just make it transparent and save.

I've seen your work, so I know you know how to glitter already. I hope this all helped out!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-11-2012, 03:53 PM

I can't believe I never thought of using vectors to create my own frames *facepalm*! I also can't believe it took me this long to discover this thread. Does anyone know of a good site of stock vectors? I'm wary of just lifting things from google because of copyright issues.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-11-2012, 05:08 PM

I've tried making frames from vectors; problem is, they're all blurry once I get them on paint so I end up having to spend ages blocking them in. I've made two so far, but might make more if I could find a decent vector site.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-11-2012, 07:18 PM

I make my own. If I can't seem to make one that I feel fits whatever I'm framing, I find inspiration from a search engine, then reference the design(s) I see there and make my own from that.