Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Doll Maker Games (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-maker-games/)
-   -   How do rate? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-maker-games/23179-how-do-rate.html)

eros 05-15-2012 05:36 PM

How do rate?

Just a simple thought, but how do you rate dolls in contests? Personally whenever I was a premi I would rate everyone a 5 for just entering my contest. But other than that I try to rate honestly.

belladoggy 08-15-2012 01:39 PM

I try to rate as honestly as I can; sometimes I have to do damage control. For instance, if someone rates a doll a 1 and I don't think it deserves that rating, I will rate it a five to bring the overall rating up to 3. It's difficult because all the ratings are averaged. And not every doll can be a five, so I might rate one I really like a four to bring down the rating slightly so that it is a more accurate reflection of what I think the overall rating would be. I don't think a doll is terrible if it's a four or even a three; I just think there are areas with slight room for improvement. Remember, one votes will drastically lower the rating by two to three stars overall; a slight shift only means someone rated a doll something other than a five.

LancasterPrincess 08-17-2012 02:08 AM

If there's effort I rate 5's. If there's no background/props or the clothes don't match up I rate 2-3. Rarely ever do I use 1's, unless some newbie is obviously rating their poorly made dolls 5 and others 1.

I've been ignoring the rating system unless its a Club member, to show y'all support. I hate when I spend a lot of time on a doll and I get 2 votes, but like 30 views. I wish there was a kudos system instead of votes, dolls with the most kudos should win, it's harder to cheat if you, say, were only allowed to hand out 3 kudos per contest. I also wish there was a commenting section for each entry. That would be awesome!

Aussiemum777 08-28-2012 03:24 AM

I will rate 5 only when exceptional effort has gone into a doll, I have very high standards, if I know dolls have been rated too high or too low then I will usually rate up or down accordingly to make sure that the doll gets the rating it deserves whether it be good or bad.

Blondie 09-01-2012 03:12 AM

I totally agree, i will rate fairly, what the person deserves, usually based on the rest of the entries. And if someone is rated higher or lower i with rate higher or lower to adjust the score.

MsShino 09-06-2012 01:28 PM

I try to rate based on effort and if the doll fits the contest theme. Also I try and rate all of the dolls in the contest.

I love voting on the Contestant club contests because all of the entrants get put up at the same time so I can go through and look at all of them before I vote.

One thing that has happened in some contests I have entered, that really bugs me, is that there seems to be a lot of unfair voting. Which I know can't really be fixed. That's why I have started waiting to vote closer to the end of the contest and also I will adjust my votes to try and things more fair.

LillyAwesome 07-04-2013 05:56 PM

I try to rate as fairly as I can. I admit, my first days on this site was like 2,3, and 4 didn't exist! :lol: I would only rate dolls I like a 5 and dolls I dislike a 1. But now I try to rate fairly. The thing I most dislike is somebody going onto a contest that they entered and rating their doll a five and everybody else's a 1. It aggravates me. I totally agree with Lovie. A kudos system would be perfect. And you can't vote on your own doll. I would like that! See if your doll would win truthfully. Not because you voted it a 5.