Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Doll Maker Games Ideas about doll making and doll makers. New interesting doll maker links, cute dress up games and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 01-10-2010, 03:44 PM

Of course

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 01-10-2010, 11:26 PM

I'm taking a look now I'll provide feedback on the individual pieces and try to give some ideas.

First, about your belt issue, I'd say you should make different ones for the differing waists and group each type together to prevent confusion.

Now... feedback! Some of this is for older items since I didn't give it at the time. Mainly small tweaking issues.

Items
Your black heels with the ankle band don't seem to have enough contrast. I can't figure out if its just my screen(which has been troublesome with determining shading) or not, but they don't have the same shiny-like quality of their red counterpart.

The curve of your boots(the one of the left side of the screen) seem to interfere with the legs. It just doesn't seem right visually and it looks like the boots should be a bit higher, with the curve at the inside of the knee.

I didn't notice this until using the gloves, but the hand on the hip is very... claw-like. It looks strange with the gloves, especially the shorter ones.

I LOVE the dresses with the ribbons! The red/brown combo is cute. I think the blue/white is nice too, though as a matter of taste I would've liked more of a medium blue. I really like your white/black off the shoulder dress. Its so classy and perfect.

Squees over the "Dollster" shirt! Way to represent. The red looks great on the grey shirt, almost like its shiny blood on it I'm loving the ribbed turtleneck on the edging. You should do something similar with the v-neck, it would look great!

Ideas
Stockings/nylons. I was making up a doll with that newer red jacket and it struck me how nice they would've looked with a pair of heels.

Sandels. It'd be a nice add for spring, especially since you have some nice spring clothes in there.

Long Dresses. Yes, I'm putting forth the challenge of a long dress. Maybe a mermaid style or something with draping. It'd be a good practice and I would personally love them. Then, you could add shrugs/shawls too for them.

Clutch purse. This fits into the long dresses xD I know I'm suggesting this purely because I love them, but they would look great with the long dresses!

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-11-2010, 01:27 AM

Thanks a lot for the feedback
About the shoe thing, I think you're right; I should change the black ones to a shinier palette.
And the hand looks a bit strange, I've noticed that too. I don't know whether I'll change it, though; it would require changing pretty much every article of clothing and I kinda promised the person I got the base from that I wouldn't make any further edits. But I'll see what I can do.

Stockings are something I'm planning to add, hopefully in the next update, and I've been thinking of adding purses and bags as well. Sandals will probably also be included sometime, if I can get them to work (shoes are such a pain to draw XP).
I'll think about adding long dresses, too, but probably not in the next few updates. I'm definitely going to make some new skirts, though.

(#14 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-20-2010, 09:06 AM

I've got a couple of ideas too; you don't have to take them on board, but you did ask. XD

Multicoloured hair. In other words, hair of unnatural colours, like pink, blue and green. Plus streaks and fringes (bangs) to add to the current hair pieces.

Hair stuff. Ribbons, hair bands, ponytails, plaits.

Chunky heels. Like this. Also, platform boots would be great.

Animal print. Cow print, leopard print, zebra print, dalmation print. This might be difficult, but would look great. Also some more patterns; I love the patterned skirts!

Jewelry. Nothing too complex, just a few extras to complete the doll, like necklaces, bracelets, earrings.

I also agree with Kitty's suggestions. XD

(#15 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-23-2010, 06:08 PM

I adore the grey skirt with the pattern around the edge it's wonderful...
as for suggestions I would love to see some pixie style hair
(#16 (permalink))
Old
ColorPencil (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-24-2010, 10:08 AM

You should make accs. like purses, necklaces, ect. :3
I luffs it!

Joey Thunder is perrffff ♥
"I'm not angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessley." [endlessly, the cab]
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 01-25-2010, 12:21 AM

Thanks for all the feedback, guys! I haven't been able to work on it a lot lately, but I'll try to make an update this weekend.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 02-13-2010, 07:43 PM

^ HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK *****

Anyway finally updated now... didn't manage to include most of the things I was planning to, but yeah, at least I made something . More accessories will be forthcoming (unless I get sidetracked again).

(#19 (permalink))
Old
Lyricatal (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: Not Rated
Default 02-14-2010, 01:05 PM

I love your dollmaker! It's so cute!
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Cookie_Crumps (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: Not Rated
Default 02-17-2010, 02:33 PM

I love the maker , it is a great start and I agree with silver_wolf about the shoes thing . I would like more heels especially black heels . I love the "Twilight sucks" T-shirt it is so awesome , I saw Twilight and you are right it sucks it was TOO boring