Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Doll Maker Games (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-maker-games/)
-   -   Does Anyone Know..? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-maker-games/21302-does-anyone-know.html)

Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX 06-16-2009 05:45 PM

Does Anyone Know..?

Does anyone know that when/if your premium runs out, if your personal maker gets deleted? I was just wondering because my premium membership runs out sometime soon and I don't want to lose my dollmaker and its props. So if you know if it does or does not get deleted, can you please tell me so I can save some of my props. :] ( I usually delete them off my comp after I upload them to my dollmaker.)
Thanks!

Silent_Wolf 06-16-2009 06:02 PM

I think they might get deleted. I'd reccommend saving your props, then making yourself a dollmaker on Freewebs or another host.

Cutiekins 06-16-2009 07:09 PM

I don't think they get deleted. I've been off and on premi a few times and they're still around. There's still a dollmaker of mine I made with an old account that got deleted. But to feel save you should save them just in case.

Miranda_ 06-16-2009 07:17 PM

Yeah; it would be wise to back up your props by saving them to photobucket so that whatever happens, you'll still have them and won't have to remake them all again. O.o

booni_monkey 06-17-2009 08:26 AM

Well, I've had premium for over a year because I continue to pay. I guess if you'd like to keep paying, then your dollmaker should be fine. But it ay be a good idea to save your content because you never know what can happen.

Miranda_ 06-17-2009 08:29 AM

Exactly, and you should always back up your computer file with an image host. Once I lost everything on my harddrive cuz of a crash; I since got a better antivirus, but cuz all the important stuff was backed up on outside files like Googledocs and Photobucket, it wasn't devastating.

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 06-17-2009 12:17 PM

I know this has been answered before, but I'm not up for finding the thread at this second.

Your doll maker is perfectly fine, but you should back up your props just in case something goes wrong with the site. I don't want you to lose all of your hard work :)

LancasterPrincess 06-17-2009 01:09 PM

I think the one you're thinking of was my thread. I had an issue with Paypal and was worried that I'd lose my maker.

I agree with everyone else, that you should probably save your items somewhere (anywhere, lol) no matter which you choose. TDP is acting funky, and if it's not fixed soon something may crash. IF that happens (I'm not saying it will!) then you don't want to be caught in it's fire and lose all of your hard earned items.

Good Luck with saving all of them, I had around the same amount that you do, and it took forever. You could enlist a friend to help you, I did. Oh and learn the hot keys to saving, that makes all the difference in the world!

Right Click Hit "S" and then Ctrl+S...I think ;)

Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX 06-17-2009 06:15 PM

Okay, thanks guys! I have already started to save the ones that are prior.

Miranda_ 06-18-2009 10:14 AM

Do a little each day, then it won't seem such a huge task. Oh and to keep your props safe from theft, don't forget to make your Photobucket album private.