Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Doll Creation Post your own doll creations and show your skills to cartoon doll community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default ~* Miss TDP Mary Sue - Round Two {Dollmaker} - 08-12-2014, 04:47 PM

Welcome to Round Two of the Miss TDP Mary Sue competition! Anyone can join at any time; it doesn't matter if you didn't enter the first round, you are quite welcome to join this round. Round Two is about "The Mary Sue And Her Rival". You must make a doll portraying your character and her rival, and also complete a drabble describing the Sue and her rival. You can write about a clash between the two, or simply a paragraph detailing how the Sue feels about her rival. Drabbles must be a minimum of one hundred words, but can be more if you wish. This topic is for the Dollmaker entries.

The end date is September 20th, but if you are working on a doll and need extra time, feel free to PM me and ask.

Example.

Name: Tahirah Lilliane Jessamene Haviland.
Fandom: Harry Potter.
Drabble: Tahirah Lilliane Jessamene Haviland frowned, her enviably smooth forehead crumpling like a piece of creamy velvet. Usually, nothing at all caused Tahirah's almost permanent smile to fall from her classically beautiful face, but then, this was a situation that merited it. Of course, this was a familiar situation to the talented Ravenclaw student; sadly, a lot of other students were jealous of Tahirah's perfect looks, delicious curves, long golden tanned legs and perfect magical ability. But this girl, Cho Chang, was worse than all of them! They had clashed before when Cho had tried to steal Tahirah's boyfriend. Of course, she had failed, cuz Tahirah's boyfriend, Harry Potter, was blind to someone as hateful as Cho and loved Tahirah the best, of course.

Tahirah had tried to hold out the hand of friendship to Cho Chang, but had been viciously turned down. Cho was no where near as good looking as Tahirah, and certainly not as talented. In fact, she was on the verge of being thrown out of Ravenclaw house cuz of all the times that Tahirah had shown her up to be not clever enough to be there at all. Cho was also a complete sl*t and had dated several boys in succession. She walked around Hogwarts in various tarty items of clothing, each with a short skirt and low top. Tahirah didn't wish evil on her rival; she would do anything to help Cho and to cure her of her helpless jealousy, but sadly Cho didn't want to know. The beautiful witch cried crystal tears at the thought of the terrible things that would happen to Cho that she was unable to prevent.

Soon, it happened and Cho finally made her move. She challenged Tahirah to a duel in the middle of the Great Hall, ignoring the gentle Tahirah's efforts to make for a more peaceful solution. For Tahirah didn't want to fight, even tho Cho was her rival, and she still wished for the two of them to become friends. But Cho's heart was full of hate and she refused to make peace and instead, sent the Cruciatus Curse flying at Tahirah! The Ravenclaw beauty knew that enough was enough. She could no longer stand to see someone like Cho so consumed with hate. Imagine the damage that such an evil witch could do to others! So with a heavy heart, Tahirah began to fight back.

The fight only lasted about ten minutes as Tahirah was so much more skilled at magic than Cho and soon Cho was defeated and begging for mercy. She was to be expelled from Hogwarts forever, and only Tahirah's wish that this was punishment enough kept Cho from being sent to Azkaban. The fight over, Tahirah went to be comforted by her boyfriend Harry, and sympathised over by everyone else, cuz everyone loved Tahirah.

General Competition Rules.

1. Character. When entering, you need to enter with one character and stay with it the entire time. This means that your doll’s hair and skin colour must remain the same throughout, unless otherwise stated in the round theme.
2. Base. You must use the same base set throughout, so pick one with a variety of poses. This base should also be medium in size for handdrawn dollers (comparable in size to the Cora bases) Dollmaker users should use the shuni style base.
3. Theft. No stealing the work of another. This applies to both handdrawn and dollmaker participants, so do not submit a doll that someone else made or, for handdrawn dollers, mix and match pieces of completed dolls that are not your own. All work should be original and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
4. Props. Props and backgrounds are encouraged, but should not be massive. We will ask too large of entries to reduce their size, so be reasonable.
5. Transparency. We ask that all dolls have transparent background and is a GIF file. If you don’t know how to do this, see the following thread: How to Make Backgrounds Transparent
6. Forbidden. Sexually explicit, nudity or overly bloody dolls are forbidden. Entering one could result in disqualification. Also, animation and glitter is not allowed as it creates an unequal field for those who can't animate.
7. Theme. Every doll should relate to the theme. While we encourage creativity, failure to keep with the theme can get you eliminated automatically that round.
8. Judges. No one is allowed to use friendship or promises to sway a judge’s decision. Threats, bribery, and attempts to interfere or discover the judge’s decisions in anyway will result in disqualification. Arguing with the judges can result in an automatic elimination.
9. Competing. You can only submit one entry for each competition, so choose wisely.
10. Entries. You may enter both competitions if you wish. Make sure, however, that you do not enter the same drabble for both competitions; it must be different.

Each entry must consist of a doll, to represent the Mary Sue, and a filled out character profile/drabble, as in the example. Please choose one fandom (for example, Harry Potter) or crossover, and stick with that throughout the entire competition. I would advise you to not go for an obscure fandom, as doing so will make it difficult for the judges to fully judge your entry. In any case, the Mary Sue will be more powerful if everyone is aware what canon she's destroying. The Sue used in the example is a Sparklypoo Sue but you can use any kind; Gothic, Warrior, Tragic, Vampire etc. Be creative!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-01-2014, 06:20 PM

Name: Princess Aquamarine Oceana Nehire of Marina
Fandom: The Little Mermaid

Princess Aquamarine and her lovely friend, Princess Ariel, had just arrived in Aquamarine's wonderful home of Marina. From a distance you could see the two enchanting mermaids come swimming towards the city at incredible speeds.

"Oh I almost got you Aquamarine!," said Ariel attempting to beat her dear friend at this race. Aquamarine, being one of the fastest swimmers in the ocean, was tearing straight ahead. She realized that even though Ariel may be fast, there would be no way that she could beat her. Aquamarine, being kind, slowed down just enough for Ariel to beat her, but to not enough make it noticeable.
"Did I really just beat you in a race?," Ariel asked with a shocked expression.
"I believe you might have," said Aquamarine smiling.

As these two beautiful mermaids were discussing the outcomes of their race, there was a large commotion coming from the large statue of Princess Aquamarine and her brother Caspian, near the center of Marina. The statue was made in honor of the wonderful princess, but she refused it's construction unless her brother was to be included in it as well.

Aquamarine heard the noise and decided to see what was going on. As Aquamarine and Ariel swam towards it, the noise became louder.
"I wonder what it could be?," said Ariel.
"I don't know. I hope it's nothing bad," replied the worried Aquamarine.

Aquamarine was first to see the crowd of mer-people surrounding the deformed statue. What used to be carved of pure pearl and laced with precious jewels and the brightest gold, was now a piece of trash. It now was covered in rotten seawe.ed and it appears that Aquamarine's perfectly smooth faced now bore a painted mustache. Aquamarine's tail changed to crimson from embarrassment. She and every mer-person around her gaped in horror. Who could have done such a terrible thing to someone as friendly as Princess Aquamarine?

Ariel swam up beside her and put an arm over her shoulder in a comforting way. Aquamarine could feel her face getting hot and her lip started to tremble.
Angrily Ariel stated, "Who did this?"
Nearby mer-people pointed in the direction of a dark mermaid. Aquamarine looked and knew right away who it was.

Ever since Aquamarine was young, she has gotten along with every mer-person around. Except for one mermaid. Her name is Su-Mara. Aquamarine has tried countless times to be friends with her, but Su-Mara refuses to have anything to do with her and constantly tries to bring her down. Aquamarine's friends have told her that Su-Mara has always been jealous of her looks and talents. She just can't take it that Aquamarine is so perfect.

Ariel quickly swam up to Su-Mara and pinned her down.
"What the shell is your problem?!," shouted Ariel, "She didn't do anything to you!"
Su-Mara simply sneered and replied with, "Seriously?! She get's anything she wants in her perfect little world. I only decorated the statue to show a friendly reminder that not everyone is totally in love with her."
Ariel's fist rose in the air and was about to come down on Su-Mara's evil grin, but Aquamarine stopped her.
"Don't do it Ariel," Aquamarine said as she pulled Ariel off of Su-Mara.

A horn blasted nearby and Aquamarine realized that her father, King Octavius, had arrived at the scene. She watched his gaze as he looked to the once extravagant statue. His face began to contort and his eyes were filled with rage. He first saw Aquamarine and her saddened expression. Then he saw the black mermaid trying to hide herself from him.

"YOU DID THIS! You ruined this masterpiece! It took ages to make!," shouted King Octavius.
"I...I..," replied the now terrified Su-Mara.
"You continually hurt my daughter and you ignore her kindness! I hereby banish you from Marina!" yelled the angry king.
"What! No..no you can't! Please! I have no other place to go!,"cried Su-Mara as she started to sob.

"Father, don't you think that punishment is a little too harsh?" said Aquamarine.
"Absolutely not! You heard what I said Aquamarine! She has been rude to since you were a child," replied King Octavius.
"Yes father but...," said Aquamarine as she stole a quick glance at the broken Su-Mara," But I forgive her."

Su-Mara looked up stunned,"What?"
"I forgive you Su-Mara. For all the things you have done to me," said the sweet princess.
Su-Mara looked down as if in deep thought. She thought about all those time she hurt Aquamarine, just because....well she didn't know. She couldn't think of any reason why Aquamarine deserved this harsh behavior from her. All Aquamarine did was respond with kindness and compassion, no matter what she did.

"Aquamarine? I've been thinking and I now realize that I have been such a jerk. I am very sorry for everything," replied the sincere Su-Mara.
"Thank you Su-Mara!," squealed Aquamarine as she swam over to hug her.
"So father, now that Su-Mara is sorry can she not be banished?," asked Aquamarine.

Kind Octavius gave Aquamarine and Su-Mara a wary glance. .
Su-Mara said," To show my apologies I could start by cleaning the statue."
King Octavius looked at Aquamarine and her dear smile. He couldn't resist his loving daughter.
"Alright then!," said the now happy king, "I hereby un-banish you from Marina!"

Everyone cheered and Su-Mara got straight to work. Soon Aquamarine and Su-Mara really got to know each other and became friends. At first Ariel wasn't crazy about this, but Aquamarine ended up convincing her to give it a try. And now they are all best friends!

Last edited by eros : 09-01-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Obscene_Fetish (Online)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-04-2014, 02:36 PM

Name: Imogen Tyrell of Highgarden
Fandom: Game of Thrones.

Imogen gazes, absentmindedly, over the great gardens of King's Landing. She arrived, just days before, for her cousins (Margaery Tyrell) wedding and had decided to stay to help her mourn the loss of her husband. However, this is not the subject that held her thoughts.
"Imogen, you make the most beautiful statue." said Margaery. Imogen, startled out of her thoughts, turns to her cousin "Even the most gifted artists, of Westeros, would fail in trying to recreate the beauty of a Tyrell my dear cousin." Like her cousin, Imogen was well aware of the beauty she possessed. However, she did not take advantage of the power it held over men. "Come, tell me what's on your mind." demands Margaery. Imogen grins, her cousin is the only one who can see beyond the flawless facade she puts up. "I have fallen in love." she pauses "Alas, it is not my fate to be with the one I desire." Margaery smirks "Who, or what, would keep you from having what you desire, dear Imogen?" Imogen turns her gaze back to the lovely gardens. Just above a whisper, she continues "Jaime Lannister and I met right after your wedding. He was grieving when I happen to come across him." Margaery was shocked with silence. She knew that there was only one person who could and, very well may, get in the way. Cersei Lannister. Truth be told, she almost scared Margaery. Imogen continues "We have spent much time with each other since. In that time he has confided in me." Imogen turns her gaze back to her shocked cousin and smiles. "Then, last night, I was in my chamber when the Queen Regent, showed up at my door. After inviting her in, I immediately regretted it. It was as if there was nothing but malice and anger surrounding me." Imogen shakes the feeling off of her " How could one person, make someone feel so inadequate by just walking into the room?" Imogen then takes a sip of her wine. Margaery takes advantage of her cousins’ momentary silence "She does that, but do not let her know it." Imogen smiles "She called me a "Highgarden Wh**e" and told me to keep my hands off of her brother.” Margaery, remembering a rumor, replies “You don’t think the rumors are true, do you? Could Cersei and Jaime.. well.. Do you think that they are lovers?” Imogen doesn’t respond but lets the notion sink in.

Later that evening, just after having a delectable dinner, Imogen sinks in to her steaming bath. The cast iron is cool around the edges. The contrast between hot and cold sends Goosebumps up her milky flesh. She closes her eyes and mulls over the conversation she had with Margaery. Could the rumors be true? Does it matter? She couldn’t be sure. Imogen then decided not to burden herself with such thoughts. There she lied and let the water wash away her insecurities. Finally calm, she rose. Dripping wet, she made her way to bed. As she reached for her dressing gown, she heard a knock on the door. “You may enter” she called. Jaime entered the room just as she finished securing her nightgown. “I hope that I have not interrupted you, Lady Tyrell.” She blushes “Had you interrupted me, I am sure that that it would have been welcomed.” She gestures the handsome, Lannister to a nearby chair. He takes the seat as she sits on the edge of her bed. “What brings you to my chamber at this hour?” Imogen asks with sincerity. She may be in love, but she is fully aware of his recent loss. “To be honest..” He looks around the room. Everywhere but at the beautiful Tyrell in front of him. “I was walking. Walking with a sense of unknown purpose. It wasn’t until I was outside your door that I knew what I was seeking.” With those last words he finally laid his eyes on her. She could not speak. The dimly lit chamber was enveloped in silence. “You must know that my family is very important to me, but I am unable to be vulnerable with them. They see it as a sign of weakness and with recent events (looking down at the makeshift gold hand) grief and counsel would only make things worse.” Imogen, wanting to comfort him, made her way cautiously to him. She knelt at his side. “You are the strongest man I have come to know. Your hand does not make you weak and neither does the ability to feel loss. Truth be told, most people have become callus to loss. Forsaking their true emotions.” She takes the warm gold hand in hers, looks into his eyes and continues “Those who still allow themselves to feel are, indeed, the strongest of all. They crumble. They completely fall apart.” She smiles “Then, they pull themselves together again. People like this do not crumble just once. And every time, they come out stronger.” Jaime knew that he could trust her, a feeling that was foreign to him. He gazes into her blue eyes and grazes her cheek “Dear Imogen, I did not come here with the burdens of loss. It is true that I grieve over the loss of Joffrey, but it is something that I have come to terms with.” He looks in to her questioning eyes and reaches for her hand. “I grieve over a love that is so close, but not within my reach.” Imogen, unsure of how to take the news, stands gracefully and walks over to her beside. She takes a large sip of wine. Jaime continues “Dear Imogen” he stands and walks over to her “You have stolen a heart. One that is claimed by the family he holds dear.” Imogen is overcome with joy, but there was also fear. She turns and faces the beautiful man “I, too, have fallen in love with someone I cannot possess.” Jaime, hesitantly, leans in and kisses Imogen. They both feel it. The joy, the pain. But, more than anything, they felt their worlds come to life. This kiss would change everything. Imogen, afraid to let the feeling go, grasps the Lannister’s arms and deepens the kiss.

Margaery, in a frantic haste, bursts into the chamber. When she realizes her intrusion, she quickly shuts and locks the chamber door. Jaime, embarrassed, makes for the door. Imogen, saddened, goes after him. Margaery speaks with urgency “Cersei is on her way here!” Jaime and Imogen stop and listen while Margaery, breathlessly continues. “The king’s guard saw you come in here and went straight for your sister. She has had a watch on yours and Imogen’s every move.” Just then, there’s a knock at the door. Jaime walks over, unlocks and opens the door. Cersei walks in. Imogen instantly feels the same malice from before. Cersei, with a snide smirk, assesses her surroundings. Margaery walks over to her cousin and Jaime stands his ground. “I wasn’t aware that we were opening a brothel. I’m sure that Tyrion would be overjoyed, if he weren’t incarcerated.” Cersei says callously. Margaery smiles “Good evening, Queen Regent. Jaime came to check on my current state. It has been hard losing my dear Joffrey. He knows that I spend most of my time with dear Imogen.” Cersei replies “Spare me your lies. I am fully aware of what is going on here.” She looks at Imogen and rests here gaze on her brother. “It was foolish of me to allow a one of you to hook her fangs into my son. It was a mistake that will not happen to my brother.” She glares “Who are you trying to fool dear brother? Our father won’t allow this. If he knew of this, your title will be taken.” She turns her glare to Imogen “You Tyrell women are all the same.” Before Imogen can respond, Jaime intervenes. “Dear sister. The only woman, in this room, that belongs in a brothel is standing in front of me.” Cersei gasps and Jaime continues. “The time for petty jealousy has long come to pass.” He walks over to Imogen, holds her hand and looks back to his irate sister. “You expect me to love one who has no heart when I love someone who has given me theirs.” He kisses Imogen’s hand and continues. “Go. Do what you must. If my title is lost, so be it. I have been disgraced from this family since my return. I am finished with trying to seek the approval of those who do not deserve it.” The wounded Queen responds “You are making an irreconcilable mistake Jaime.” Imogen steps away from Jaime and walks over to her rival. “How could one, so beautiful, be so ugly at the same time? Your happiness is only at the expense of others.” She pauses and looks back to the beautiful man, who is gazing at her with love and adoration, then turns back. “No more. Not him. Now get out of my chamber.” Cersei turns, looks back to her brother, and leaves the room.

Margaery sighs with relief. Imogen, with all the love she possess, gazes into Jaime’s eyes. She knows that this was only a small victory and there would be more battles to fight. But it was enough. They had won this time and would continue to win as long as they had each other. And, of course, with Margaery there to assist. “I love you, Jaime Lannister.” Imogen’s voice edged with tears. “Imogen Tyrell, you own my heart and every sense of my being.” Replies Jaime. Margaery makes a silent retreat, but not before glancing back to her cousin who lovingly embraces the object of her affection.

Last edited by Obscene_Fetish : 09-04-2014 at 02:48 PM.