Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Doll Creation Post your own doll creations and show your skills to cartoon doll community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Contest ~*SUGGESTIONS*~ - 07-13-2014, 04:17 PM

Okay, so I know we have a thread dedicated to general contest-related chitter chatter, but I was thinking, we should have a place to pitch ideas! I know I've been premi in the past, but I have needed to put it on hold to help pay for things like, y'know, school and stuff. Anyway, I figured this could be a place for us non-premium members to suggest ideas that we'd like to see that perhaps those of us who do have premi could end up using. So onto the suggestion(s)!

Styledollz.com releases a couple new dollmakers at the beginning of every month, and they just released a really excellent pirate dollmaker (Style Dollz Pirate Dollmaker), which has quite a few usable heads, backgrounds, props, accessories, what-have-you, and I would love to see a contest dedicated to making a doll using ONLY things from that maker (with frames and glitter being the sole outside exceptions) as a challenge for all of us contest-goers.

Alternatively, I'd like to get back to the TDP maker challenges as well

Anyone else have some suggestions they'd like to see and share?

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-26-2014, 12:36 PM

I really liked Miranda's make this doll contest. We had an image and had to turn it into a doll.

Themed dollmakers. But not necessarily a prep. Maybe a bonita or thugz. I know there are lots of those maker off the site!

Hybrid dolls. Liked centaurs, nagas, mermaids.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Obscene_Fetish (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-18-2014, 12:24 AM

StyleDollz is pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of their bases though. For that,
I go to Dolls.Com.Br (beware, the site is in Portuguese. However, if you type the site address into Google, it will give you the option to translate the page.)
They have great stuff and decent tutorials.

Typically, I customize and or create all of my dolls on MSPaint. Tedious, I know. It just gives me the freedom to get it the way I want things. I spend about 2-5 hours on 1 single doll.

As far as glitters are concerned, you can definitely have a glitter doll without a premi account. After making my dolls on MSPaint, I save them as a PNG Image and upload them to Free Online Image Editor It's a pretty decent site that lets you add flare to your dolls. Voila- Glitter without the price of the account.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 08-18-2014, 01:47 AM

All great resources, but I meant this thread as a place to suggest themes for contests

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Obscene_Fetish (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-18-2014, 04:42 PM

Here are a few ideas

*Back to School
Classic books theme- Dolls inspired by classic stories
*Rocky Horror Picture Show
* Runway Recreations(Pick a designer you love and recreate something from their Runway Collection
*Color themes- We had a couple of these recently. They were great. I'd love to do a "White Party" theme.
*Nautical
*Animal head..human bodies?

(#6 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 08-18-2014, 07:23 PM

Oooo I like Classic Books; you should run that one! The Runway one could be fun too, but I think it should be refined to be a specific designer and then run as a series of contests so that the results are a bit easier to compare The Nautical one is also a great idea! Since you have premi, you have the ability to run contests in the contests section, something standard members can't do.

Last edited by belladoggy : 08-19-2014 at 02:27 PM.