Hayley's Vector Art
So I've started making vector art. Here's two of the first ones that I'm happy with.
Made in Adobe Illustrator CS6.
OMG!! That is so cool, Hayley!!
I think I like the dragon the most tho. It looks like something off how to train your dragon :)
Those are fantastic. XD Have you tried making My Little Ponies?
These are fantastic, I love the girl especially:)
How do you make them?
@LadyBast - Thanks! (I love How To Train Your Dragon. ^_^)
@Miranda - I haven't yet. Like I said, I just started a while ago. I might make one just for you. =P
@Aussiemum - Adobe Illustrator CS6, using only the pen tool. These ones were done without me doing a sketch, but if I were to do something more complicated, I'd do a rough sketch first and scan it in to use.
That would be fantastic. :) If you do decide to make one, I'll give you a reference pic; one of my OCs.
Sure, PM me it. =P
Random girl, I guess. I wanted to experiment more with shading, pants, eyes (using radial shading), and live tracing logos and tattoos.
For Aussiemum, and anyone else interested in exactly what I did step-by-step for this one:
1. Started with the ellipse tool to make a circle for the head, pulled at it to make it less of a circle and giving a slight jaw.
2. Used the pen tool to make the mouth, eyes (the lashline and whites), eyebrows and nose.
3. Used circle tool, made the iris (colour inside made from the gradiant colour tool) and pupils, as well as a "shine" circle coloured in white with opacity set at 50%.
4. Eyeshadow made with pen tool, very subtle linear gradient fill.
5. Using pen tool, drew in hair. Decided on a ponytail hairstyle this time. NOTE: When using the pen tool I start by having the outlines on and fill off, and then I swap them once I finish the shape so it fills with the colour and the outline is transparent.
6. Started with the neck and arms, very basic torso (pretty much square), again all done with pen tool.
7. Pen tool, made the shirt, pants, shoes, bag.
8. Shaded by making shapes with the pen tool where there would be shading. Set colour to black on these, with 10% opacity.
9. Imported images from google (the dragon tattoo and The Beatles logo).
10. Turned these images into vector-based images using live trace tool.
11. Grabbed copies of the arm and shirt, put to the side, placed the logo & tattoo over top and then put the logo/tattoo BEHIND the shirt/arm once happy with the placement.
12. Used pathfinder to leave only the trimmed logo/tattoo; placed them over top of the original shirt/arm.
Edit a little, and then DONE! =P I'm guessing it took between 5 and 6 hours.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 PM.|
© 2007 The Doll Palace