Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (
-   Doll Creation (
-   -   My 3D Art (And more) (

eros 05-19-2013 11:45 PM

My 3D Art (And more)
I recently wanted to start my journey of 3D art and googled the best, free, programs out there. After some searching I found one called blender. It's very first. I looked up some helpful tutorials and made my first 3D image!
Linked out for size.

LancasterPrincess 05-25-2013 12:24 AM

So you made that from SCRATCH?!?!

eros 05-26-2013 06:13 PM

LOL I sure did Lovie! Took about 30 minutes with the help of a tutorial. I also made this Coffee Cup. It took a few tries before I finally perfected it. :)

LancasterPrincess 05-27-2013 01:11 AM

WTH girl, you should be doing backgrounds with that kind of talent! :lol:

Just kidding, it's awesome though. I asked hubs if he wanted to buy that "cup". When he said it's neat, I told him he couldn't buy it. He looked confused and I had to tell him it wasn't a real cup, but a digital image. :mrgreen:

eros 07-19-2013 01:22 AM

That's funny Lovie! XD I wish I had more time for 3D art, but I'm only a beginner and it takes forever to make something. D:

Here's some non 3D art. It's more digital art. :) I made this for a contest on DeviantArt of some fancouple. I finally learned how to make linearts in GIMP and how to digitally shade and color. I still need to work on backgrounds however....

Lucy and Deyan by ~DollerInDisguise on deviantART

belladoggy 07-19-2013 04:06 AM

Very nice, Rachel! Lol I'm still figuring out how to ink stuff with paths and whatnot. I like to draw traditionally before attempting to ink things digitally...but as you know that stuff takes for-ev-er. The shading nice, too. Not just flat paint fills like some peoples "coloring". It's nice to see new art from you!

eros 09-28-2013 10:54 PM

OK yeah I know I said I'm leaving, but here's just two more pieces to leave you all with.

3D Art: Splash! by ~DollerInDisguise on deviantART This one is my latest 3D image. It took about 15 hours, most of it spent rendering the image. I'm hoping that I can use it in contest this year!

CO: Sleep Over! by ~DollerInDisguise on deviantART My friend wanted a picture of our fan characters in a sleep-over type of environment. And what do you do at sleepovers? WATCH SCARY MOVIES OF COURSE!!

eros 05-25-2015 11:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So this was my last year in high school, but probably my best year of art making! The first one, Bruce Lee, place best of division in painting at contest and the second, Amelia Earhart, was done in charcoal and got a second place ribbon in black and white drawing.