Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Doll Creation (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-creation/)
-   -   The Palace Chat - Remember it? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-creation/23377-palace-chat-remember.html)

synfae 01-25-2013 10:36 PM

The Palace Chat - Remember it?

The Palace Chat was the birthing of the dollz and the reason why lovely communities like that still exist. I've been looking for more people who are interested in getting on Palace again or interested in joining for the first time so we can bring back the Dollz community and the fun games & beauty pageants we used to have.

It's a great place to create dollz, edit dollz, wear your dollz, etc. ^o^

I'm just curious as to why you dollerz left our community? <3 We miss you.

Miranda_ 01-26-2013 09:01 AM

I wasn't even around back then; my first introduction to dolling came way past the time when the Palace was in vogue. I saw a doll in someone's signature on a music forum and asked her where she got it, she said TDP so I came here. I'm trying to keep contests etc going here on TDP as are a lot of other likeminded people in the Contestants Club. :)

Josefisd0pe 01-27-2013 02:27 AM

Yes. What happened to all of your dollers that came on Avatar Palace? Dolls are still popular, but where did you all go?

Aussiemum777 01-27-2013 04:44 AM

I first found out about the doll palace in a similar way to Miranda's, I saw an assortment of dolls on someones ebay webpage, candy dolls I think from memory, I thought that they were the most adorable things I'd seen in quite a while, I messaged her and she told me about the doll palace:) that was sooo long ago.

Josefisd0pe 01-27-2013 06:57 PM

It sounds interesting how people hear things through word of mouth. :]

Just stating this because Avatar Palace has its own built in editor/chat type pixel thing :p

Just trying to gather up some doll editors! I'm one myself though I am used to avpal's editing than here! But, nonetheless.. I pixel edit mainly :) (never made the exact ones im showing since they`re all over the place haha)

http://i46.tinypic.com/zwb700.jpg

Veriria 09-12-2013 09:44 PM

I think that a lot of people went to The Palace because it had all the avatars...But now that drag and drop pages are so large, they have no need to go to The Palace anymore. I still miss Palace chat.

delly1 09-13-2013 09:35 AM

I do remember going on that lots.That's how I found about this place. I don't do much dolling anymore because of school. I'm in my 7th year and it's been brutal. I miss having fun with dolls:)

Veriria 09-16-2013 06:44 AM

I actually came across some old doll websites last night, and the reason I quoted is exactly it as far as reasons go for the sites I viewed - people went on Palace for the props and then would 'make' them and post in their websites. So while its cool dolls are on the web in general, I kinda attribute that to Palaces downfall. I mean I still go on Palace from time to time. Not that it is dead however there aren't many doll or avatar prop palaces left. There's still people but not as many as there were.

Why download a program when you can hop on a website, know what I mean?

On the other hand it looks like Worlize has a bigger crowd nowadays.

Veriria 09-16-2013 06:56 AM

I've visited a few Palace servers that still have dolls -- but we are talking about Nobody's Home, or The Campus Palaces. They used to be frequently visited, but are dead now.

I've been contemplating making a Palace again - but I don't know. The one I made last year wasn't visited by many. I may try to make a Worlize server. Worlize is like Palace just in your browser. Www.worlize.com

DiscoDiva_06 01-19-2014 02:51 AM

Remember

I basically grew up using this site and it taught me some invaluable lessons; dont trust people easily, alot of stuff isnt worth the drama and be kind to everyone whether theyre 'premi' or not because its still a person behind the computer. I met some amazing people, unfortunately none of which Ive kept in contact with! I remembered the site while taking a trip down memory lane with one of my friends! But anyway, they stopped upkeeping the site in 2008 and it's gone downhill since and alot of people's friends left so they left. People grow up and move on but its nice to look back and remember the good times. I hope they work and improve the site for future TDP members! It really was alot of fun! But now I'm old and have no time for 'silly' doll sites, I wish you all the best!