Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Doll Creation Post your own doll creations and show your skills to cartoon doll community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-11-2014, 02:41 PM

Huh. When I clicked the link to download for Mac, I got a 404 error. And it said next to the link that "Mac version is no longer supported"

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Josefisd0pe (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Talking 06-12-2014, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celune View Post
@Josefisd0pe - That would be fantastic! I'm always on AVP anyways hehe. I miss the days when there was never less than 150 on v_v I'm definitely willing to help bring people in, so if you need me to do anything as well, don't hesitate to ask! I'm not particularly strong with iptscrae yet, but I can do anything when it comes to background making and editing. I've owned several Palaces myself (not to brag), so it's not a problem. :3 Currently, I'm working on pixeling houses (similar to the ones from Reality Bytes, MoP, and the likes) - not really sure what they could be used for, but my favorite part of Palace was having my own house xD

I don't want Palace to die either, and I think if enough people are willing to help out, Palace can become popular again. Currently, the biggest issue is that nobody is on. So when new guests connect to AVP, they find themselves being the only user online and log off right away. Getting people to stay is definitely a huge (maybe first) priority.

If anyone wants to meet up on AVP and chat (maybe do some editing :3), I go by the name "mina." and I'm pretty much always on. xD

Oh believe me, you can brag. I like bragging, since most of no one knows what palace is so it's kinda cute lol.

I'm going to stat developing stuff. I'll keep you informed with everything. Avatar Palace is better than IMVU and Second Life, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladoggy View Post
Huh. When I clicked the link to download for Mac, I got a 404 error. And it said next to the link that "Mac version is no longer supported"
sorry, the link i sent is not available. but i found it here:

PalaceChat for Mac - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

it is supported weirdly maybe the programmer is creating a web-based client..i don't really know.

and there is an open palace, which is web-based...but it sucks and is not being developed at all.

Last edited by Josefisd0pe : 06-12-2014 at 02:41 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 06-12-2014, 04:16 AM

Thanks; that link worked! Though I can't quite figure out how to USE it or change my avatar from one of the smileys. I prefer to edit all my stuff offline in GIMP; is there a way to get you ready-made items without editing them in the palace chat?

(#24 (permalink))
Old
celune (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Default 06-12-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Thanks; that link worked! Though I can't quite figure out how to USE it or change my avatar from one of the smileys. I prefer to edit all my stuff offline in GIMP; is there a way to get you ready-made items without editing them in the palace chat?
Most Palaces have prop guides where you can get ready-made avatars and items! Avatar Palace is a great place to start. I also have a bunch of bases and furniture I can give you. To open your prop bag, just press ctrl+P (if you are using PChat). There should be a little satchel-looking icon at the top right of your screen next to a yellow smiley face (which lets you change your smiley) - that will also open up your prop bag.

To actually get props, you can either drag them into your bag or right-click and take (or right-click and "save to bag" if you right click on a person).

Ctrl-M opens up your macros, which let you save certain props to specific hotkeys (F1, F2, F3 , etc.) for easy access. To import props, you can either ctrl-v right into the client, or click "new" in your prop bag, which gives you different options.

I hope my instructions are clear enough ^-^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefisd0pe View Post
Avatar Palace is better than IMVU and Second Life, in my opinion.
They aren't even in the same ballpark, lol! I've tried both, and oh man don't get me started. At least on Palace, you don't have to spend real money on props and look like a newbie if you don't xD I can't say that Woorliz (or whatever that copycat Palace site is called) is much better, either. But then again, I'm probably biased. :P

Base by KawaiiHannah

Last edited by celune : 06-12-2014 at 09:57 AM.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 06-12-2014, 02:54 PM

Sort of...how do you get props from other users? Do you all have to be online?

EDIT: Also, how do you get animations to work? Do I need to upload each frame separately? Dolls don't seem all that easy to use...

Last edited by belladoggy : 06-12-2014 at 03:29 PM.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
celune (Offline)
Shuni

Default 06-12-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Sort of...how do you get props from other users? Do you all have to be online?

EDIT: Also, how do you get animations to work? Do I need to upload each frame separately? Dolls don't seem all that easy to use...
Yeah, everyone needs to be online. You can find me by going to File>New Connection and under address, put: avatarpalace.net:9998

For animations, you have to paste each frame separate and then open up the editor and make sure "animated" is ticked.

Base by KawaiiHannah
(#27 (permalink))
Old
fabulous_doller24 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 06-14-2014, 06:08 AM

I'm glad people are still active on here.

(#28 (permalink))
Old
Josefisd0pe (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Default 06-17-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulous_doller24 View Post
I'm glad people are still active on here.
I`m always active on here and Avatar Palace. If anyone is interested. Doll editors are the best- which is why this site and Avatar Palace goes hand in hand
(#29 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 06-18-2014, 01:11 AM

I'm just frustrated with trying to upload completed avatars to PChat. They keep tiling up, and when I try to animate, they only show up one tile at a time instead of a whole frame at a time

(#30 (permalink))
Old
celune (Offline)
Shuni

Default 06-18-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
I'm just frustrated with trying to upload completed avatars to PChat. They keep tiling up, and when I try to animate, they only show up one tile at a time instead of a whole frame at a time
They are probably tiling up because you're on a Mac. The old Palace client (Palace32) had a maximum size of 44x44 per prop, and allowed you to wear 9 8-bit props at a time, or a total area of 132x132. PalaceChat fixed this problem, but apparently the Mac version can still only use the 8-bit system, which creates the tiling you are seeing. (PChat also does this on Windows if you import props as 8 bit). The animation option recognizes each single prop as one frame, so when you have an av that extends across multiple props, it will animate each piece separately, rather than as a coherent animation. Back in the day, this was a huge pain in the butt.

As far as I know, there are three possible solutions: 1.) Buy a PC with Windows OS. 2.) Script the animation with Iptscrae. I could do this for you, but I don't know how to do looping animations and I'm not even sure if it is possible, but I can look into this. 3.) Use static avs and wait until the new client is officially released so that you can animate your avs. I don't know when the new client will be finished, though.

Sorry the Mac client is so sucky. You would think that will the amount of people buying into Apple products, someone would have taken the time to develop a decent client for iOS users, since that's a good chunk of the population being ignored. :/

Base by KawaiiHannah