Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Doll Creation Post your own doll creations and show your skills to cartoon doll community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Miss TDP Mary Sue Round 2 {Dollmaker} - 06-07-2012, 12:07 PM

Welcome to Round Two of the Miss TDP Mary Sue competition! Anyone can join at any time; it doesn't matter if you didn't enter the first round, you are quite welcome to join this round. Round Two is about "The Mary Sue And Her Rival". You must make a doll portraying your character and her rival, and also complete a drabble describing the Sue and her rival. You can write about a clash between the two, or simply a paragraph detailing how the Sue feels about her rival. Drabbles must be a minimum of one hundred words, but can be more if you wish.

The end date is July 5th, but if you are working on a doll and need extra time, feel free to PM me and ask.

Example.

Name: Tahirah Lilliane Jessamene Haviland.
Fandom: Harry Potter.
Drabble: Tahirah Lilliane Jessamene Haviland frowned, her enviably smooth forehead crumpling like a piece of creamy velvet. Usually, nothing at all caused Tahirah's almost permanent smile to fall from her classically beautiful face, but then, this was a situation that merited it. Of course, this was a familiar situation to the talented Ravenclaw student; sadly, a lot of other students were jealous of Tahirah's perfect looks, delicious curves, long golden tanned legs and perfect magical ability. But this girl, Cho Chang, was worse than all of them! They had clashed before when Cho had tried to steal Tahirah's boyfriend. Of course, she had failed, cuz Tahirah's boyfriend, Harry Potter, was blind to someone as hateful as Cho and loved Tahirah the best, of course.

Tahirah had tried to hold out the hand of friendship to Cho Chang, but had been viciously turned down. Cho was no where near as good looking as Tahirah, and certainly not as talented. In fact, she was on the verge of being thrown out of Ravenclaw house cuz of all the times that Tahirah had shown her up to be not clever enough to be there at all. Cho was also a complete sl*t and had dated several boys in succession. She walked around Hogwarts in various tarty items of clothing, each with a short skirt and low top. Tahirah didn't wish evil on her rival; she would do anything to help Cho and to cure her of her helpless jealousy, but sadly Cho didn't want to know. The beautiful witch cried crystal tears at the thought of the terrible things that would happen to Cho that she was unable to prevent.

General Competition Rules.

1. Character. When entering, you need to enter with one character and stay with it the entire time. This means that your doll’s hair and skin colour must remain the same throughout, unless otherwise stated in the round theme.
2. Base. You must use the same base set throughout, so pick one with a variety of poses. This base should also be medium in size for handdrawn dollers (comparable in size to the Cora bases) Dollmaker users should use the shuni style base.
3. Theft. No stealing the work of another. This applies to both handdrawn and dollmaker participants, so do not submit a doll that someone else made or, for handdrawn dollers, mix and match pieces of completed dolls that are not your own. All work should be original and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
4. Props. Props and backgrounds are encouraged, but should not be massive. We will ask too large of entries to reduce their size, so be reasonable.
5. Transparency. We ask that all dolls have transparent background and is a GIF file. If you don’t know how to do this, see the following thread: How to Make Backgrounds Transparent
6. Forbidden. Sexually explicit, nudity or overly bloody dolls are forbidden. Entering one could result in disqualification. Also, animation and glitter is not allowed as it creates an unequal field for those who can't animate.
7. Theme. Every doll should relate to the theme. While we encourage creativity, failure to keep with the theme can get you eliminated automatically that round.
8. Judges. No one is allowed to use friendship or promises to sway a judge’s decision. Threats, bribery, and attempts to interfere or discover the judge’s decisions in anyway will result in disqualification. Arguing with the judges can result in an automatic elimination.
9. Competing. You can only submit one entry for each competition, so choose wisely.
10. Entries. You may enter both competitions if you wish. Make sure, however, that you do not enter the same profile for both competitions; it must be different.

Each entry must consist of a doll, to represent the Mary Sue, and a filled out character profile/drabble, as in the example. Please choose one fandom (for example, Harry Potter) or crossover, and stick with that throughout the entire competition. I would advise you to not go for an obscure fandom, as doing so will make it difficult for the judges to fully judge your entry. In any case, the Mary Sue will be more powerful if everyone is aware what canon she's destroying. The Sue used in the example is a Sparklypoo Sue but you can use any kind; Gothic, Warrior, Tragic, Vampire etc. Be creative!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Always_And_Forever_MeGeek (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-13-2012, 01:01 PM

Background:
The Imperial Ballroom inside the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in downtown Grand Rapids Michigan. This AAA Four Diamond luxury hotel hosts conventions, meetings and special events, and home eleven restaurants and lounges in West Michigan

Name:
Breanna Eva Hannah Jessica Maria Jones
Fandom: Hetalia
Drabble: It was winter. The time had come for Austria’s annual winter masquerade ball. It was actually just for nations, but he’d invited Texas to join them as well for it. So, there she was, her red hair cascading down, just over her shoulders in light, perfect curls. Her father on one side and England on the other. Both were telling her how stunning and gorgeous she was in the long, puffy dress with her large chest covered just enough to make others curious about it. She smiled kindly and excused herself, heading off to talk with others.

That was when she first saw her. Lili, or Liechtenstein, was clinging to her brother’s arm. Her dress was an ugly one, it would look ugly on anyone, except her, due to her beauty. The dress was a hideous shade of olive and the bow around her waist was an ghastly shade of maroon. She was innocent looking, but Texas could immediately see that she was pure evil. Her brother, she knew was Switzerland, though, was handsome, with his green eyes that shown like emeralds and his hair looking like newly ripened wheat. It was no wonder Lili was so obviously in love with him. He was handsome. He was the only one handsome enough to be worthy of her beauty and love.

Breanna Eva Hannah Jessica Maria Jones smiled, sowing her perfectly straight white teeth at him, blinking innocently, “Hello there, sir. Would you honor me with a dance?” She smiled kindly at him. He instantly fell in love the moment he looked into her beautiful pale blue eyes. For a moment, the just gaze into each others eyes. Then Liechtenstein glares, tugging her brother’s arm.

“Big brother promised to dance with me though!” She said, stomping her foot, like the spoiled brat she was and glaring at Breanna Eva Hannah Jessica Maria Jones.

Breanna Eva Hannah Jessica Maria Jones frowned, looking hurt, but she smiled. “Oh, I see. I am terribly sorry.” She apologized kindly, not wanting to get on her bad side anymore. She hated when people were jealous of her. She could tell Switzerland was watching her. He shook of Lili, offering his hand instead to the state.

“Excuse my sister’s behavior. I’d be honored to dance with you.” He smiled. She took his hand and they danced, smiling happily. He dress twirled and swirled around her and she laughed softly as they talked. She knew Lili was watching with jealousy as they danced happily, and she felt bad for the girl. Her delicate, kind heart ached, though she knew the other was merely jealous.

Finally, when the night was winding down, he pulled her out on the balcony. Switzerland held her hands and pulled her close, kissing her gently. “I love you, Breanna Eva Hannah Jessica Maria Jones. And I know we haven’t known each other long, but will you date me?” He asked, obviously nervous by the way he was blushing. She kissed back in reply, but gasped and Lili shoved her away, nearly making her fall over the rail, had it not been for him saving her at the last minute.

Switzerland was furious, while Lili looked smug. Breanna Eva Hannah Jessica Maria Jones was hurt. Suddenly Liechtenstein frowned, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you…I just don’t want to give up my big brother…” He apologized, sniffling softly. Breanna Eva Hannah Jessica Maria Jones smiled, hugging the once enemy, turned friend, close.

“I can understand that. But, can you not try to kill me?” She laughed softly. Lili nodded, smiling. “From now on, you can call me big sister, okay?” She said.

“Okay!” And from that day, they were best friends.

image: from google
edit: by me

Last edited by Always_And_Forever_MeGeek : 06-25-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
erivitale (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 06-14-2012, 03:22 PM

Name: Asghar Frananina Bengol of Dothrak
Fandom: Game of Thrones
Drabble: Asghar Frananina Bengol of Dothrak couldn’t believe her eyes... it had been a long time before a non Dothraki had stepped on their land. And it was a Lannister..Cersei Lannister no less. Her strawberry blonde hair looked drab compared to the long tangled waves of the Dothraki people. Asghar scoffed as she noticed Cersei’s armor- how cowardice it was to believe armor could bring about a victory. Asghar herself wore long golden sheets, exposing her bronze legs and midrift, while Cersei hid behind men with advanced weaponry and bulky armor. “If she wants to fight, she should fight with her skill alone. I’m not afraid to do so,” thought Asghar, disgusted by Cersei’s lack of patriotism. To the Dothraki people, there was nothing worse than a person who uses armor and other men to fight her own battles. And Cersei was the worst of the worst.

*Credit to Aussiemum777's PURRRFECTION personal maker.*

Last edited by erivitale : 07-02-2012 at 10:47 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-26-2012, 02:14 PM

Name: Princess Aquamarine Oceana Nehire of Marina
Fandom: The Little Mermaid

Drabble: Princess Aquamarine and her lovely friend, Princess Ariel, had just arrived in Aquamarine's wonderful home of Marina. From a distance you could see the two enchanting mermaids come swimming towards the city of Marina at incredible speeds.

"Oh, I almost got you Aquamarine!," said Ariel attempting to beat her dear friend at this race. Aquamarine, being one of the fastest swimmers in the ocean, was tearing straight ahead. She realized that even though Ariel may be fast, there would be no way that she could beat her. Aquamarine, being kind, slowed down just enough for Ariel to beat her, but to not make it noticeable.
"Did I really just beat you in a race?," asked the astonished mermaid Ariel.
"Well I believe you might have," said Aquamarine smiling.

As these two beautiful mermaids were discussing the outcomes of their race, there was a large commotion coming from the large statue of Princess Aquamarine and her brother Liam, near the center of Marina. The statue was made in honor of the wonderful princess, but she refused it's construction unless her brother was to accompany her.

Aquamarine heard the noise and decided to see what was going on. Aquamarine and Ariel swam towards it, as the noise became louder the closer they got.
"I wonder what it could be?," said Ariel.
"I don't know. I hope it's nothing bad," replied the worried Aquamarine.

Aquamarine was first to see the crowd of mer-people surrounding the deformed statue. What used to be carved of pure pearl and laced with precious jewels and the purest gold, was now a piece of trash. It now was covered in rotten seawe.ed and it appears that Aquamarine's perfectly smooth faced now bore a painted mustache. Aquamarine's tail seemed to turn red from embarrassment. She gaped in horror. Who could have done such a hateful thing to someone as friendly as Princess Aquamarine?

Ariel swam up beside her and put an arm over her shoulder in a comforting way. Aquamarine could feel her face getting hot.
Angrily Ariel stated, "Who did this?"
Nearby mer-people pointed in the direction of a dark mermaid. Aquamarine looked and knew right away who it was.

Ever since Aquamarine was young, she has gotten along with every mer-person around. Except for one mermaid. Her name is Su-Mara. Aquamarine has tried to be friends with her, but Su-Mara refuses to have anything to do with her and constantly tries to bring her down. Aquamarine's friends have told her that Su-Mara has always been jealous of her looks and talents. She just can't take it that Aquamarine is so perfect.

Ariel quickly swam up to Su-Mara and pinned her down.
"What the shell is your problem!," shouted Ariel, "She didn't do anything to you!"
Su-Mara simply sneered and replied with, "Seriously. She get's anything she wants in her perfect little world. Maybe she needs a change for once in her life."
Ariel's fist rose in the air and was about to come down on Su-Mara's evil grin, but Aquamarine stopped her.
"Don't do it Ariel," Aquamarine said as she pulled Ariel off of Su-Mara.

A horn blasted nearby and Aquamarine realized that her father, King Octavius, had arrived at the scene. She watched his gaze as he looked to the once extravagant statue. His face began to contort and his eyes were filled with rage. He first saw Aquamarine and her saddened expression. Then he saw the black mermaid trying to hide herself from him.

"YOU DID THIS! You ruined this masterpiece hat took ages to make!," shouted King Octavius.
"I...I..," replied the now scared Su-Mara.
"You continually hurt my daughter and you ignnore her kindness! I hereby banish you from Marina!" yelled the angry king.
"What! No..no you can't! Please! I have no other place to go!,"cried Su-Mara as she started to sob.

"Father, don't you think that punishment is a little too harsh?" said Aquamarine.
"Absolutely not! You heard what I said Aquamarine! She has been mean to since you were a child," replied King Octavius.
"Yes father but...," said Aquamarine as she stole a quick glance at the broken Su-Mara," But I forgive her."

Su-Mara looked up stunned,"What?"
"I forgive you Su-Mara. For all the things you have done to me," said the sweet princess.
Su-Mara looked down in deep thought. She thought about all those time she hurt Aquamarine, just because....well she didn't know. She couldn't think of any reason why Aquamarine deserved this harsh behavior from her. And all Aquamarine did was respond with kindness and compassion.

"Aquamarine? I've been thinking and I now realize that I have been such a jerk. I am very sorry for everything," replied the sincere Su-Mara.
"Thank you Su-Mara!," squealed Aquamarine as she swam over to hug her.
"So father, now that Su-Mara is sorry can she not be banished?," asked Aquamarine.

King Octavius started to think.
Su-Mara said," To show my apologies I could start by cleaning the statue."
King Octavius looked at Aquamarine and her dear smile. He couldn't resist his loving daughter.
"Well alright then!," said the now happy king.

Everyone cheered and Su-Mara got straight to work. Soon Aquamarine and Su-Mara really got to know each other and became friends. At first Ariel wasn't crazy about this, but Aquamarine ended up convincing her to give it a try. And now they are all best friends!
THE END!

------------------------------
Background (c) Styledollz
Other Items (c) My own personal maker
(Also I had to put a period in seawe.ed because apparently I can't type it normally without the little stars ****popping up.)