Miss TDP 2: Handdrawn Round 2 - 07-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Welcome back to the Miss TDP pageant! After a successful first round, the contestant standings are as follows:
LancasterPrincess: 18/20 points
Spirit_Queen: 18/20 points
Elanorea: 17/20 points
Kiwi_Kat: 13/20 points
Katiebear_x3: 11/20 points
Obviously this is going to be a close competition with all of the talented dollers and none of them should relax yet, especially because anyone can enter the competition at anytime, just like anyone can drop out at anytime. There are still another 40 points up for grabs in rounds two and three, so we encourage all members to test their skills! To repeat, new contestants are welcome!
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD NOR THE PLACE TO SUBMIT DOLLMAKER ENTRIES! Before you post here, I suggest you stop. All non-entry posts will be deleted. If you have questions, direct them to Silver_Wolf_Kitty, who is in charge of the entire competition.
General Competition Rules.
1. Character. When entering, you need to enter with one character and stay with it the entire time. This means that your doll’s hair and skin colour must remain the same throughout, unless otherwise stated in the round theme.
2. Base. You must use the same base set throughout, so pick one with a variety of poses. This base should also be medium in size for handdrawn dollers (comparable in size to the "Maia" bases here: ~Fainelloth Dolls~ or the "Cora" bases here: Doll Bases by blood-cocoa on deviantART). Dollmaker users should use the shuni style base.
3. Theft. No stealing the work of another. This applies to both handdrawn and dollmaker participants, so do not submit a doll that someone else made or, for handdrawn dollers, mix and match pieces of completed dolls that are not your own. All work should be original and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
4. Props. Props and backgrounds are encouraged, but should not be massive. We will ask too large of entries to reduce their size, so be reasonable.
5. Transparency. We ask that all dolls have transparent background and is a GIF file. If you don’t know how to do this, see the following thread: How to Make Backgrounds Transparent
6. Forbidden. Sexually explicit, nudity or overly bloody dolls are forbidden. Entering one could result in disqualification. Also, animation and glitter is not allowed as it creates an unequal field for those who can't animate.
7. Theme. Every doll should relate to the theme. While we encourage creativity, failure to keep with the theme can get you eliminated automatically that round.
8. Judges. No one is allowed to use friendship or promises to sway a judge’s decision. Threats, bribery, and attempts to interfere or discover the judge’s decisions in anyway will result in disqualification. Arguing with the judges can result in an automatic elimination.
9. Competing. You can only submit one entry for each competition, so choose wisely.
10. Entries. You may enter both competitions if you wish. Make sure, however, that you do not enter the same profile for both competitions; it must be different.
1. Participants enter a doll every two-three weeks in the set thread. They may enter it sooner, however further edits are not allowed after the doll is entered. No matter what, the two-three weeks are a guaranteed time slot(unless all entries are received before it).
2. Any participants who fail to meet this deadline won't receive points for the round. Deadlines are not being extended for anyone, so do not ask. Special extensions may be asked in the event of a long trip or medical/family emergency, but you must contact Silver_Wolf_Kitty immediately if this occurs.
3. After submission is closed, the judges will then provide critique on each entry and score the dolls based on creativity, adherence to the theme, and technique.
4. After critiques are posted and points are updated, the next round will begin.
Round 1: Color Splash
What you have to do this round is do a monochromatic doll--with a twist. You are allowed to select one part of the doll to be colored. The rest, including hair, eyes, and skin, must be in black and white!
An example of this technique can be viewed here!
Short Explanation/Comments (OPTIONAL):
Link to Your Thread (OPTIONAL)
Please submit all Handdrawn entries here. The end date is August 8th at Midnight (EST).
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Miss TDP Handdrawn-Round Six!||Silver_Wolf_Kitty||Doll Creation||3||12-05-2009 03:31 AM|
|Miss TDP Handdrawn-Round Four||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||4||10-08-2009 07:28 AM|
|Miss TDP-Handdrawn Round Three||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||6||09-12-2009 05:06 AM|
|Miss TDP-Handdrawn Round Two!||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||6||08-06-2009 09:41 PM|
|Miss TDP-Handdrawn Round One!||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||7||07-07-2009 07:10 AM|