Miss TDP 2: Dollmaker Round 2 - 07-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Welcome back to the Miss TDP pageant! After a successful first round, the contestant standings are as follows:
Belladoggy: 18/20 points
Kiwi_Kat: 16/20 points
Spirit_Queen: 16/20 points
Aussiemum777: 15/20 points
Eros: 14/20 points
Katiebear_x3: 11/20 points
Obviously this is going to be a close competition with all of the talented dollers and none of them should relax yet, especially because anyone can enter the competition at anytime, just like anyone can drop out at anytime. There are still another 40 points up for grabs in rounds two and three, so we encourage all members to test their skills! To repeat, new contestants are welcome!
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD NOR THE PLACE TO SUBMIT HANDDRAWN ENTRIES! Before you post here, I suggest you stop. All non-entry posts will be deleted. If you have questions, direct them to Silver_Wolf_Kitty, who is in charge of the entire competition.
General Competition Rules.
1. Character. When entering, you need to enter with one character and stay with it the entire time. This means that your doll’s hair and skin colour must remain the same throughout, unless otherwise stated in the round theme.
2. Base. You must use the same base set throughout, so pick one with a variety of poses. This base should also be medium in size for handdrawn dollers (comparable in size to the "Maia" bases here: ~Fainelloth Dolls~ or the "Cora" bases here: Doll Bases by blood-cocoa on deviantART). Dollmaker users should use the shuni style base.
3. Theft. No stealing the work of another. This applies to both handdrawn and dollmaker participants, so do not submit a doll that someone else made or, for handdrawn dollers, mix and match pieces of completed dolls that are not your own. All work should be original and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
4. Props. Props and backgrounds are encouraged, but should not be massive. We will ask too large of entries to reduce their size, so be reasonable.
5. Transparency. We ask that all dolls have transparent background and is a GIF file. If you don’t know how to do this, see the following thread: How to Make Backgrounds Transparent
6. Forbidden. Sexually explicit, nudity or overly bloody dolls are forbidden. Entering one could result in disqualification. Also, animation and glitter is not allowed as it creates an unequal field for those who can't animate.
7. Theme. Every doll should relate to the theme. While we encourage creativity, failure to keep with the theme can get you eliminated automatically that round.
8. Judges. No one is allowed to use friendship or promises to sway a judge’s decision. Threats, bribery, and attempts to interfere or discover the judge’s decisions in anyway will result in disqualification. Arguing with the judges can result in an automatic elimination.
9. Competing. You can only submit one entry for each competition, so choose wisely.
10. Entries. You may enter both competitions if you wish. Make sure, however, that you do not enter the same profile for both competitions; it must be different.
1. Participants enter a doll every two-three weeks in the set thread. They may enter it sooner, however further edits are not allowed after the doll is entered. No matter what, the two-three weeks are a guaranteed time slot(unless all entries are received before it).
2. Any participants who fail to meet this deadline won't receive points for the round. Deadlines are not being extended for anyone, so do not ask. Special extensions may be asked in the event of a long trip or medical/family emergency, but you must contact Silver_Wolf_Kitty immediately if this occurs.
3. After submission is closed, the judges will then provide critique on each entry and score the dolls based on creativity, adherence to the theme, and technique.
4. After critiques are posted and points are updated, the next round will begin.
Round 1: Color Splash
What you have to do this round is do a monochromatic doll--with a twist. You are allowed to select one part of the doll to be colored. The rest, including hair, eyes, and skin, must be in black and white!
An example of this technique can be viewed here!
Short Explanation/Comments (OPTIONAL):
Link to Your Thread (OPTIONAL)
Please submit all Dollmaker entries here. The end date is August 8th at Midnight (EST).
07-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Name: Laila Carter
Comments/Credits: This is a color splash photo of Laila at the beach, being taught to surf by Amy Hunter. Laila framed her photo with little shells.
Maker used was one of Maker Heaven's, background and surf board from noaschnee, border from Kaboodle, all editing done by me.
Ж-The Royal Dollery-Ж
07-24-2011, 09:49 PM
here is my entry =]
Short Explanation/Comments: Leigha had a photoshoot as a Japanese Geisha Girl. this was the picture that the agency gave her to put into her modelling portfolio. she is very proud of the accomplishment that she had done.
Link to Thread
dollmaker used: The_Contestants donated items for the head, ness's donated items for the dress body and arms, my sister for the frame, google for the background
07-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Name: Penelope Terrina
Short Explanation/Comments: Penelope went on a vacation to the Mediterranean; she was enjoying some wine but wanted to explore the vineyards where she was staying. When she came back, a dog had come and knocked over her wine glass! One of the other tourists caught a snapshot of her surprised expression and made this little souvenir to remind her that it's silly to get upset over little mishaps.
Dollmakers/Sites used include: styledollz.info, noaschnee.com, The_Contestants prop drop, Dazzling Divas, Rommie, and a few edits of my own (namely, her facial expression). Put together offline using the GIMP. Text is "Pythia"; downloaded from dafont.com
Link to Your Thread:Come on in and comment!
08-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Name:Rebecca Bloomwood(a.k.a. Girl in the Green Scarf)
Short Explanation/Comments: Rebecca Bloomwood is a shopaholic. She just can't resist stopping in a store. The bad thing is she is $16,000 in credit card debt and her job just went out of business. On her way to a job interview at Successful Savings she sees a beautiful green scarf in a store window. She buys it just for the interview. Turns out she gets the job and becomes a journalist with the name of the Girl in the Green scarf. (Based off the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic)
08-03-2011, 04:05 AM
Ellie Rose has just landed a new job in Marketing, Her main focus was to design a billboard for a certain contact lense company called "Ultimate colour" she was very exited that she was the one chosen for the job, after much pondering & hard work she decided to capture public attention with a colour splash theme, Dressed in her best gown she went to admire her handiwork, The final result was very eye catching and exactly the result she was looking for.
I had to size this entry bigger then usual due to the billboard being so large.
Photoshop brushes for swirl effect: Click
Everything else was from my online maker, Dress made by me
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Miss TDP Dollmaker-Round Six!||Silver_Wolf_Kitty||Doll Creation||2||12-04-2009 11:46 PM|
|Miss TDP Dollmaker-Round Five!||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||4||11-06-2009 05:45 AM|
|Miss TDP Dollmaker-Round Four||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||6||10-07-2009 05:51 PM|
|Miss TDP-Dollmaker Round Three||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||7||09-11-2009 10:13 PM|
|Miss TDP-Dollmaker Round One!||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||12||07-10-2009 05:43 PM|