Miss TDP 2: Dollmaker Round 1: CRITIQUES POSTED!!! - 07-06-2011, 01:26 AM
Its that time of year again for Miss TDP to be brought out of hiding and revamped! Before continuing to our round one theme, we ask that all members read the following rules and procedures if they are considering competing as our format has changed from the first pageant.
This competition may take up to two or three months to complete, however all participants are not required to stick with the competition throughout. Yes, we have eliminated the voting process and instead will determine a winner by whoever has the most points at the end of the competition! This means people are allowed to enter the competition or leave it at any time, they only will miss out on potential points that could effect the standings in the end.
What you need to do is to create a character portraying the round theme. There will be three rounds, and each round is worth ten points. These points will be awarded to each entry by the judges; LancasterPrincess and Miranda_. The competitor with the most points at the end of competition will receive an award made for them by one of the forum staff.
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD NOR THE PLACE TO SUBMIT HANDDRAWN ENTRIES! Before you post here, I suggest you stop. All non-entry posts will be deleted. If you have questions, direct them to Silver_Wolf_Kitty, who is in charge of the entire competition.
General Competition Rules.
1. Character. When entering, you need to enter with one character and stay with it the entire time. This means that your doll’s hair and skin colour must remain the same throughout, unless otherwise stated in the round theme.
2. Base. You must use the same base set throughout, so pick one with a variety of poses. This base should also be medium in size for handdrawn dollers (comparable in size to the "Maia" bases here: ~Fainelloth Dolls~ or the "Cora" bases here: Doll Bases by blood-cocoa on deviantART). Dollmaker users should use the shuni style base.
3. Theft. No stealing the work of another. This applies to both handdrawn and dollmaker participants, so do not submit a doll that someone else made or, for handdrawn dollers, mix and match pieces of completed dolls that are not your own. All work should be original and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
4. Props. Props and backgrounds are encouraged, but should not be massive. We will ask too large of entries to reduce their size, so be reasonable.
5. Transparency. We ask that all dolls have transparent background and is a GIF file. If you don’t know how to do this, see the following thread: How to Make Backgrounds Transparent
6. Forbidden. Sexually explicit, nudity or overly bloody dolls are forbidden. Entering one could result in disqualification. Also, animation and glitter is not allowed as it creates an unequal field for those who can't animate.
7. Theme. Every doll should relate to the theme. While we encourage creativity, failure to keep with the theme can get you eliminated automatically that round.
8. Judges. No one is allowed to use friendship or promises to sway a judge’s decision. Threats, bribery, and attempts to interfere or discover the judge’s decisions in anyway will result in disqualification. Arguing with the judges can result in an automatic elimination.
9. Competing. You can only submit one entry for each competition, so choose wisely.
10. Entries. You may enter both competitions if you wish. Make sure, however, that you do not enter the same profile for both competitions; it must be different.
1. Participants enter a doll every two-three weeks in the set thread. They may enter it sooner, however further edits are not allowed after the doll is entered. No matter what, the two-three weeks are a guaranteed time slot(unless all entries are received before it).
2. Any participants who fail to meet this deadline will be eliminated. Deadlines are not being extended for anyone, so do not ask. Special extensions may be asked in the event of a long trip or medical/family emergency, but you must contact Silver_Wolf_Kitty immediately if this occurs.
3. After submission is closed, the judges will then provide critique on each entry and score the dolls based on creativity, adherence to the theme, and several other factors which will be revealed when critiques are posted.
4. After critiques are posted and points are updated, the next round will begin.
Round 1: Fairytales
Don't get too excited yet, these are not your typical fairytales, so there will be no Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, or Sleeping Beauty here. No, you are limited to portraying a character from one of the following five stories:
Your doll can be dressed as any character in these stories and creativity is highly encouraged, just identify the character when you submit your entry. There will be no point reductions for repeated characters. For this round you may change your character's hair colour, although it is better if you stick with your intended colour for the competition.
Short Explanation/Comments (OPTIONAL):
Link to Your Thread (OPTIONAL)
Please submit all Dollmaker entries here. The end date is July 22nd.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Miss TDP Dollmaker-Round Five!||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||4||11-06-2009 06:45 AM|
|Miss TDP Dollmaker-Round Four||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||6||10-07-2009 06:51 PM|
|Miss TDP-Dollmaker Round Three||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||7||09-11-2009 11:13 PM|
|Miss TDP-Dollmaker Round Two!||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||8||08-08-2009 06:26 PM|
|Miss TDP-Dollmaker Round One!||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||12||07-10-2009 06:43 PM|