Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Doll Creation (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-creation/)
-   -   Handdrawn Contest: Disney Movies (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-creation/22934-handdrawn-contest-disney-movies.html)

Elanorea 05-21-2011 10:19 AM

Handdrawn Contest: Disney Movies

So yeah, I just went on a total Disney binge (hey, you're never too old to enjoy a good movie!) and I figured a Disney-themed contest would be a pretty good idea.

The premise is simple: Doll a character (or characters) from any of the movies in the Disney Animated Canon. However, to make things a bit more challenging (and interesting!) I've decided to leave out the official Disney Princess line-up - that means no Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan or Tiana (though you can still enter supporting characters from their movies).

Why? Because they are what everybody thinks of first when they hear of Disney movies, and I want to give the lesser known characters some love too :).

Aside from that, I'm not putting any restrictions on whom you can doll (as long as they're from a Disney movie of course) or how you should doll them.

Though note that while creativity is appreciated, you should also endeavour to stay faithful to the movie. An alternate interpretation of a character is fine; altering a character to the point of being unrecognisable is probably not such a good idea.

Oh yeah, and this should probably go without saying, but please post the name of the character along with the doll. Reference pics are also welcome, especially if it's a more obscure character.

Deadline: June 21st
New deadline June 26th!
Final deadline July 3rd!

I'll judge the contest myself, though might also make a public poll if there's enough interest.

spirit_queen 05-22-2011 07:25 PM

Could I do the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland?

Elanorea 05-22-2011 07:37 PM

Sure, why not :)

Miranda_ 05-23-2011 07:07 AM

I will try to enter; I had an idea to make a doll representation of Dory from Finding Nemo. Hopefully, I will be successful.

Elanorea 05-23-2011 07:27 AM

Hmm... I hadn't originally intended this to cover the Pixar movies, as I kinda view them as a separate thing, but I guess I'll allow it.

Cheshire1996 05-24-2011 01:32 AM

May I doll a human Marie from the Aristocats?

It goes close to being my favorite Disney movie of all time, gotta love those cats that can play jazz music :3

Kiwi_Kat 05-25-2011 06:48 PM

Are the Studio Ghibli characters allowed? Not that I couldn't find a different character.

EDIT

Nevermind, I'm going to do Esmeralda. She a normally forgotten character from Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Elanorea 05-26-2011 06:26 AM

Yay, some more characters from great underrated movies :). Esmeralda is the best!

Also, the Studio Ghibli movies are not allowed (and neither are any of the other movies under "other animated films distributed by Disney"), since they're not actually made by Disney or its sub-studios. I probably should have clarified that earlier.

noirmali 05-27-2011 11:30 AM

You may have heard this already but my laptop is broken so I am no longer able to enter this contest ~.~ sorrry

Kiwi_Kat 05-27-2011 11:44 PM

Esmeralda; Hunchback of Dotre Dame

I literally spent ALL day on this. Gave me something to do though!

Base
Reference