Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Doll Creation (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-creation/)
-   -   Contest: Literary Heroines (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-creation/22796-contest-literary-heroines.html)

belladoggy 01-24-2011 03:24 PM

Contest: Literary Heroines

(This is up as a way to give others a chance to doll something. Most likely I won't be able to doll something for it. It will remain up for at least the next three weeks while I am busy with my school's musical. So for now, I've set the deadline at February 13th, 2011)

One contest that I've yet to see is a book themed one based in classic books, not contemporary stuff. I'm thinking along the lines of Shakespeare, Charlotte and Emily Bronte, Jane Austin, etc. All you have to do is doll any female
character from classic literature, preferably in her natural setting (i.e., Jane Eyre would belong either on the moors or in a fancy house). I think, as of now, repeat characters are okay so long as the dollz remain distinct. Also, I'm allowing two entries per person.

Reminder, the deadline is February 13th, 2011

LancasterPrincess 01-24-2011 04:02 PM

COUNT ME IN!!! :mrgreen:

And WAY to be fabulously original, kudos!

Elanorea 01-24-2011 04:24 PM

Where exactly do you draw the line between classic and contemporary? Interesting contest idea btw, I might enter in the unlikely event that I find time for it :lol:.

belladoggy 01-25-2011 12:45 AM

Good question. I think anytime up until the mid-20th century could count. So nothing written after 1950. (I'm including early 1900s since hey, it's been a century)

LancasterPrincess 02-07-2011 09:59 PM

Oh, errr....I made my doll, but it has a male in it TOO? Is that allowed? I have the woman in there as well...and she was primarily going to be the only doll in the entry, but it looked so plain and didn't really describe the story I chose? Is this okay?

I chose to doll Pride & Prejudice, so it's Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy?

belladoggy 02-07-2011 11:26 PM

As long as Elizabeth is the centerpiece, it's fine. I'm fine with Darcy being in it, but he can't be the main focus.

LancasterPrincess 02-08-2011 12:03 AM

They're on oposing sides? And since she's poverty and he's fortune, I'm sure he might stand out a little more? I suppose I ought to make something else later.

belladoggy 02-08-2011 12:10 AM

You may upload it, or send me a link, and I'll decide fro there...it sounds like a very interesting doll, so it'd be a waste to let all that work go away.

LancasterPrincess 02-08-2011 02:59 PM

Okay, so a minor addition has let me keep my original doll. I give you:

I used a StyleDollz Premi maker and two backgrounds from Google.

First off...I'm most proud of that background! First I found a real old-timey field walking trail with a river behind it. I then took a different picture of Mr. Darcy's mansion and edited it into the beyond and into the "lake front". I was so thrilled with it's outcome and it really made me motivated to finish the doll. ^^

Ms. Bennet is the main character of this story, and she's poverty-stricken, hence the plain clothes. She's a real headstraight, stubborn, and intelectual woman...very odd for the time and place she lived. xD She and Mr. Darcy, who is a very wealthy and prominant man, butt heads all throughout the story, but will she let their pride and prejudice keep them apart?

Miranda_ 02-09-2011 04:35 PM

This is my entry; the character Miranda from the Shakespeare play, The Tempest. Before you ask; yes, my username is named after her. She seems at first passive, but is headstrong and will speak up for herself against those who wish to hurt her.