Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Doll Creation Post your own doll creations and show your skills to cartoon doll community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 01-10-2011, 03:26 AM

Epic work, Christy. =3

Derp, nao I have to do some moar hair. :< I seem to have forgotten how to pixel clothes on small bases. XD

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-10-2011, 03:41 AM

I has more stuff! However as there are more than four images, it may require double posting to share them.

Another shirt:

A pair o' shorts (not that great, but maybe someone can reshade?):

Another hairstyle:

A fancy peacock feather earring:

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 01-18-2011, 07:20 PM

I'm about to get started on an outfit for the base. I was curious though...what type of props are you looking for? I only ask because themed makers will be eventual right? So what kind of props are wanted/needed for the basic maker?

I work better with guidelines, so PLEASE tell me what to do! xD

Also...I'm having a TON of trouble with those dang feet! I'm normally pretty good at making shoes, but my goodness that angle is a hard one. So sorry in advance when the shoes I make suck. ^^

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 01-18-2011 at 09:24 PM.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-18-2011, 11:30 PM

Finished! I honestly didn't know where to start, lol. So I asked some Club Members and they asked for skirts. I only made three, but I kept to a theme. I also made a gazillion hairs. Though, really only 4...but that re-coloring busines takes me forever...especially because I had to fine tune a lot. I tried to go with the pallette colors, but I don't think they compliment my shading technique very well...I hope that's okay?

I plan on making some accessories to go with this outfit. Also, you'll notice the bangs are all the same for this hairstyle. I did that on purpose. I plan on going back and editing it to different bang-styles. It never fails; I find the perfect hair, but the bangs aren't what I'm looking for. So I decided to give other's options. ^^ This is purely just a small part of my plan.

Until next time! Tah!

(#35 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 01-19-2011, 12:00 PM

Great idea sticking with a set theme! Everyone else, if you are stuck on inspiration, this is a good way to go about things.

Props should be basic stuff. Some ideas are drink glasses, flowers, books, ipods, animals, etc. I think of basic things that are constants in my life that I may want to let others know that I love. They could even be larger, like furniture. The current props floating around are pretty outdated, shading and skill wise, not to mention it seems like barely any new props have really been put out these in years in the community (huge problem if we think about what was popular say 10 years ago when dolling first picked up), so think of this section mainly as a revamp of familiar items and a place to really add in new, more modern things.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-19-2011, 01:02 PM

Ideas for props:

pets (think dogs, cats, birds, rats, rabbits etc)
ipod
mobile phone (otherwise known as cell phone)
cigarette (yes, I know it's unhealthy; but Gaia has them, dammit!)
glasses (Specs; oh god yes. Hardly any dollmakers seem to have these!)
arm sleeves/wrist bands
chairs/other seats

(#37 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-19-2011, 02:10 PM

Made some more items. This time I stuck with belts and vests. The colors I chose go with my original items. I even threw in two waist belts and plain and studded versions. ^^

Don't know what I'll try next. Maybe the different bang styles? Me dk.

(#38 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-21-2011, 11:47 AM

Finally got around to making some bang changes! I hope it's okay to double post in here as I want "new post" notifications to those subscribed herin?

I'll probably do some more today...though probably not hair, that stuff's boring!

Here are some new clothes. AND they're NOT themed! xD
In order to do some inspiration I just chose color schemes and went from there. First the shirts, then bottoms to match...then I recolored things for variation.

Hope ya'll love them!

...I think I'll stop making things now. I feel like I'm clogging up the "Community" dollmaker?

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 01-21-2011 at 05:37 PM.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 01-21-2011, 05:57 PM

I made some things... I originally have lanned on making a whole smorgasporg of stuffs, but life keeps throwing tihngs at me... like a HUGE art scholarship...
Anyways, what I have so far consists of mermaid stuff, two dresses, and some hair... should I submit now or later?

(#40 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-21-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit_queen View Post
Anyways, what I have so far consists of mermaid stuff, two dresses, and some hair... should I submit now or later?
I vote now! xD Only because I wish to donate more, but want to wait until other's submit stuff too.