Miss TDP Handdrawn-Finale! - 12-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Welcome to the first ever Miss TDP competition! Before continuing to the theme for our grand finale, we ask that all members read the following rules and procedures if they are competing.
The public has decided and after a close race, we now must say goodbye to competitor Elanorea. Congrats to her for working so hard! Congrats are also due to our final two contestants, who are the only ones allowed to post here:
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD NOR THE PLACE TO SUBMIT DOLLMAKER ENTRIES! Before you post here, I suggest you stop. All non-entry posts will be deleted. If you have questions, direct them to Silver_Wolf_Kitty. If you want to discuss the contest, the official Miss TDP clique(found here) is suggested.
1. Character. When entering Miss TDP, you need to enter with one character and stay with it the entire time. This means that your doll’s hair, eye, and skin colour must remain the same throughout, unless otherwise stated in the round theme.
2. Base. You must use the same base set throughout, so pick one with a variety of poses. This base should also be medium in size for handdrawn dollers (comparable in size to the "Moe" bases here: DHF : Doll on the Hill Factory). Dollmaker users should use the shuni style base.
3. Theft. No stealing the work of another. This applies to both handdrawn and dollmaker participants, so do not submit a doll that someone else made or, for handdrawn dollers, mix and match pieces of completed dolls that are not your own. All work should be original and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
4. Props. Props and backgrounds are encouraged, but should not be massive. We will ask too large of entries to reduce their size, so be reasonable.
5. Transparency. We ask that all dolls have transparent background and is a GIF file. If you don’t know how to do this, see the following thread: How to Make Backgrounds Transparent
6. Forbidden. Sexually explicit, nudity(artistic nudity must be okayed first by Silver_Wolf_Kitty), or overly bloody dolls are forbidden. Entering one could result in disqualification.
7. Theme. Every doll should relate to the theme. While we encourage creativity, failure to keep with the theme can get you eliminated automatically that round.
8. Judges. No one is allowed to use friendship or promises to sway a judge’s decision. Threats, bribery, and attempts to interfere or discover the judge’s decisions in anyway will result in disqualification. Arguing with the judges can result in an automatic elimination.
9. Competing. You can only submit one entry for each cometition, so choose wisely. The rules are being changed to allow crossover, but we ask that handdrawn dollers stick to the dollmakers if they are inclined to compete in that arena.
10. Animation. Animation is forbidden in the competition. We understand that many users like glitter, blinking, etc, but it takes away from the creativity and creates an unequal playing field for those who can’t animate.
The audition round procedures are no longer in place, these are the procedures that will be followed in the future.
1. Participants enter a doll every two weeks in the set thread. They may enter it sooner, however further edits are not allowed after the doll is entered. No matter what, the two weeks are a guaranteed time slot(unless all entries are received before it).
2. Any participants who fail to meet this deadline will be eliminated. Deadlines are not being extended for anyone, so do not ask. Special extensions may be asked in the event of a long trip or medical/family emergency, but you must contact Silver_Wolf_Kitty immediately if this occurs.
3. After two weeks(or when all dolls are entered), the judges will then provide critique on each entry and select a bottom two for the round.
4. Several days are given for voting on who should stay. Voting will be a public affair, but you shouldn’t worry about hurting feelings. All you have to do is post in the voting thread with the name of the participant who you think should stay in the competition. You may provide an explanation, but that is up to you.
5. Votes are counted and the bottom participant is eliminated, then the next round begins.
The theme for our finale is "Formal Wear". We saw some cute dresses in the audition round, but not lets see just how dazzling you guys can really be. Make sure you take your time--this doll will be immortalized in your awards and will be displayed on the forums as well. Clearly no major character edits are allowed--this is your final shining moment and its only fair that we see the character that you started out with.
When your doll is ready, we ask participants to post their handdrawn doll in this thread. The finale will close the evening of December 30th! After that, the judges will submit their critiques and then public voting for our Miss TDP Handdrawn will begin! The winner will be announced on January 3rd on here and in the Dollsters monthly newsletter. At that time we will reveal the special prizes for our winners and the runner ups!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Miss TDP Handdrawn-Round Six!||Silver_Wolf_Kitty||Doll Creation||3||12-05-2009 03:31 AM|
|Miss TDP Handdrawn-Round Four||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||4||10-08-2009 07:28 AM|
|Miss TDP-Handdrawn Round Three||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||6||09-12-2009 05:06 AM|
|Miss TDP-Handdrawn Round Two!||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||6||08-06-2009 09:41 PM|
|Miss TDP-Handdrawn Round One!||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||7||07-07-2009 07:10 AM|