Miss TDP Dollmaker-Round Six!
Welcome to the first ever Miss TDP competition! Before continuing to the theme for round six, we ask that all members read the following rules and procedures if they are competing.
The public has decided and now we must say goodbye to our competitor, jordanashley. Congrats to her for working so hard! The following members are still competing in this competition and are the only ones allowed to post here:
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD NOR IS IT THE PLACE TO SUBMIT HANDDRAWN DOLLS! Before you post here, I suggest you stop. All non-entry posts will be deleted. If you have questions, direct them to Silver_Wolf_Kitty. If you want to discuss the contest, the official Miss TDP clique(found here) is suggested.
1. Character. When entering Miss TDP, you need to enter with one character and stay with it the entire time. This means that your doll’s hair, eye, and skin colour must remain the same throughout, unless otherwise stated in the round theme.
2. Base. You must use the same base set throughout, so pick one with a variety of poses. This base should also be medium in size for handdrawn dollers (comparable in size to the "Moe" bases here: DHF : Doll on the Hill Factory). Dollmaker users should use the shuni style base.
3. Theft. No stealing the work of another. This applies to both handdrawn and dollmaker participants, so do not submit a doll that someone else made or, for handdrawn dollers, mix and match pieces of completed dolls that are not your own. All work should be original and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
4. Props. Props and backgrounds are encouraged, but should not be massive. We will ask too large of entries to reduce their size, so be reasonable.
5. Transparency. We ask that all dolls have transparent background and is a GIF file. If you don’t know how to do this, see the following thread: How to Make Backgrounds Transparent
6. Forbidden. Sexually explicit, nudity(artistic nudity must be okayed first by Silver_Wolf_Kitty), or overly bloody dolls are forbidden. Entering one could result in disqualification.
7. Theme. Every doll should relate to the theme. While we encourage creativity, failure to keep with the theme can get you eliminated automatically that round.
8. Judges. No one is allowed to use friendship or promises to sway a judge’s decision. Threats, bribery, and attempts to interfere or discover the judge’s decisions in anyway will result in disqualification. Arguing with the judges can result in an automatic elimination.
9. Competing. You can only submit one entry for each cometition, so choose wisely. The rules are being changed to allow crossover, but we ask that handdrawn dollers stick to the dollmakers if they are inclined to compete in that arena.
10. Animation. Animation is forbidden in the competition. We understand that many users like glitter, blinking, etc, but it takes away from the creativity and creates an unequal playing field for those who can’t animate.
The audition round procedures are no longer in place, these are the procedures that will be followed in the future.
1. Participants enter a doll every two weeks in the set thread. They may enter it sooner, however further edits are not allowed after the doll is entered. No matter what, the two weeks are a guaranteed time slot(unless all entries are received before it).
2. Any participants who fail to meet this deadline will be eliminated. Deadlines are not being extended for anyone, so do not ask. Special extensions may be asked in the event of a long trip or medical/family emergency, but you must contact Silver_Wolf_Kitty immediately if this occurs.
3. After two weeks(or when all dolls are entered), the judges will then provide critique on each entry and select a bottom two for the round.
4. Several days are given for voting on who should stay. Voting will be a public affair, but you shouldn’t worry about hurting feelings. All you have to do is vote in the voting thread poll for the doll you think should go.
5. Votes are counted and the bottom participant is eliminated, then the next round begins.
The theme for round six is "Color Splash". For those who don't know what it is, here are some examples:
Photobucket | color splash Pictures, color splash Images, color splash Photos
What you have to do this round is do a monochromatic doll--with a twist. You are allowed to select one part of the doll to be colored. The rest, including hair, eyes, and skin, must be in black and white! Here is a recommended list of items to include with your doll(not all need to be included, this is simply a guideline for things we would love to see!):
High heeled shoes
When your doll is ready, we ask participants to post their dollmaker doll in this thread. Round four will close the evening of December 6th! After that, the judges will submit their critiques and then public voting of the bottom two for the round will begin. After that, we enter our finale!
Mmk, here's my entry. I hope it works.
High heeled shoes
This is a wonderfully put together doll. I love the dress, and the way that she's holding it with one hand, and the recolouring is just perfect. The bouquet is a good choice as the colour splash; it's really effective as just a single splash of red that just jumps out the picture and grabs you. The border is a little blocky, and that's about my only criticism.
Aw, how adorable! I love how well the pose and props work together! It looks as if she's moving her skirt out of the way to better see the precious kitten leaning on her leg! I do love the outfit you chose, it looks like something that can be walked around in to go get a bouquet of flowers. Aw, the flowers. Perhaps a less bright color would have worked better? Pink, maybe yellow? The red definately pops, but something a bit less bold and more sublte would have matched the 'fun and cute' picture you portrayed. Had it been a love scene the red would have worked out nicely to promote passion, but it just doesn't fit here. Great job on making such a cute entry regaurdless!
This doll was well put together, and the bouquet definetly stood out. I know it's in black and white, but the shoes and the base could've been shaded a bit better to show shadows or something.
This is a black & white photo portrait that Ebony had done while she was on holidays in Tokyo, Ebony is very Geisha like I think, The stem of the flower is a little off but thats the way the shape of the heart went so the stem went with it, anyway she had her hair & makeup professionally done so that she looked like a Geisha (hence the eyes) I had a little trouble with the eyes & lashes the rules stated that she had to have black or white eyes so I did my best lol...Hope you like her:D
Maker used: PURRRFECTION (which is hidden)
Items included: Background
All in all, this is a fantastic doll. I adore the Geisha role that Ebony is playing and the border is brilliantly styled with a lovely rose. I would prefer that there just be one colour used in a colour splash, tho. However, the doll is superbly put together, and the hat and fan are nice touches.
And such a ravishing Geisha Ebony makes! I do love the pretty ornaments in her hair and the wonderfully silky and flowing dress! But there are a few issues with this doll, both of which are pixel-based. The beautiful scrolling heart she's sitting on has a few white pixels around it, and the green to the flower is a bit edgy. I think it could have curved a bit more gracefully, but in it's rigid state I find it a little distracting. I do love the ornate frame you chose! It ties the entry together nicely. Congrats on making such a beautiful entry!
The fan looked a bit off as well as the flower stem in this doll. Mostly because there was few colours and shading used, so it came off as rushed and scratchy; a darker colour could have been used to outline them. Other than that, a beautiful doll.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 AM.|
© 2007 The Doll Palace