Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Doll Creation Post your own doll creations and show your skills to cartoon doll community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default Warning: Photobucket Error - 11-06-2009, 06:51 AM

There seems to be an error on Photobucket that ruins pictures, a friend of mine had some of her dolls completely messed up after uploading them to Photobucket.

If you want to know more, read her journal about it

Anyway, take care when uploading images to Photobucket, and always keep backups!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 11-07-2009, 06:02 AM

I have to concur with Elanorea, my doll in the contest right now has her shirt ruined! I've got a backup, but if this keeps up I am NOT using photobucket anymore.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Moon_Crescent (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-28-2009, 10:42 AM

I've saved animated dolls to photobucket. Not only did it smudge up the image, it blurred it, and but a bunch of pixels where they shouldn't be! I spent a lot of time on that doll, I was going to e-mail it to a friend for her b-day.

My DeviantArt

MoonCrescent
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 12-28-2009, 11:21 AM

So that error is still around? Figured they'd have fixed it by now, though of course I'm rather out of touch with the situation, as I don't use Photobucket myself.

At any rate, I have to stress the importance of backups once more - don't delete your dolls, or anything else you've uploaded to the internet, from your computer if you want to make sure you'll be able to use them again in the future.

If Photobucket is giving you trouble, maybe try an alternative image host, such as TinyPic or ImageShack.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-28-2009, 03:46 PM

I'd also suggest getting in contact with Photobucket and telling them about the error if it's happening to you; include screenshots and descriptions. Their tech team is pretty good.