Miss TDP Dollmaker-Round Five! - 10-20-2009, 12:39 AM
Welcome to the first ever Miss TDP competition! Before continuing to the theme for round five, we ask that all members read the following rules and procedures if they are competing.
In a turn of events, instead of voting, the judges had a double elimination round to even the competitors. Heva_Banana_Mad and Catlover642 were eliminated this round. Congrats to them for working so hard! The following members are still competing in this competition and are the only ones allowed to post here:
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD NOR IS IT THE PLACE TO SUBMIT HANDDRAWN DOLLS! Before you post here, I suggest you stop. All non-entry posts will be deleted. If you have questions, direct them to Silver_Wolf_Kitty. If you want to discuss the contest, the official Miss TDP clique(found here) is suggested.
1. Character. When entering Miss TDP, you need to enter with one character and stay with it the entire time. This means that your doll’s hair, eye, and skin colour must remain the same throughout, unless otherwise stated in the round theme.
2. Base. You must use the same base set throughout, so pick one with a variety of poses. This base should also be medium in size for handdrawn dollers (comparable in size to the "Moe" bases here: DHF : Doll on the Hill Factory). Dollmaker users should use the shuni style base.
3. Theft. No stealing the work of another. This applies to both handdrawn and dollmaker participants, so do not submit a doll that someone else made or, for handdrawn dollers, mix and match pieces of completed dolls that are not your own. All work should be original and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
4. Props. Props and backgrounds are encouraged, but should not be massive. We will ask too large of entries to reduce their size, so be reasonable.
5. Transparency. We ask that all dolls have transparent background and is a GIF file. If you don’t know how to do this, see the following thread: How to Make Backgrounds Transparent
6. Forbidden. Sexually explicit, nudity(artistic nudity must be okayed first by Silver_Wolf_Kitty), or overly bloody dolls are forbidden. Entering one could result in disqualification.
7. Theme. Every doll should relate to the theme. While we encourage creativity, failure to keep with the theme can get you eliminated automatically that round.
8. Judges. No one is allowed to use friendship or promises to sway a judge’s decision. Threats, bribery, and attempts to interfere or discover the judge’s decisions in anyway will result in disqualification. Arguing with the judges can result in an automatic elimination.
9. Competing. You can only submit one entry for each cometition, so choose wisely. The rules are being changed to allow crossover, but we ask that handdrawn dollers stick to the dollmakers if they are inclined to compete in that arena.
10. Animation. Animation is forbidden in the competition. We understand that many users like glitter, blinking, etc, but it takes away from the creativity and creates an unequal playing field for those who can’t animate.
The audition round procedures are no longer in place, these are the procedures that will be followed in the future.
1. Participants enter a doll every two weeks in the set thread. They may enter it sooner, however further edits are not allowed after the doll is entered. No matter what, the two weeks are a guaranteed time slot(unless all entries are received before it).
2. Any participants who fail to meet this deadline will be eliminated. Deadlines are not being extended for anyone, so do not ask. Special extensions may be asked in the event of a long trip or medical/family emergency, but you must contact Silver_Wolf_Kitty immediately if this occurs.
3. After two weeks(or when all dolls are entered), the judges will then provide critique on each entry and select a bottom two for the round.
4. Several days are given for voting on who should stay. Voting will be a public affair, but you shouldn’t worry about hurting feelings. All you have to do is vote in the voting thread poll for the doll you think should go.
5. Votes are counted and the bottom participant is eliminated, then the next round begins.
The theme for round five is "Seven Deadly Sins". You are to select one of the deadly sins (Lu.st, Sloth, Greed, Gluttony, Wrath, Pride, and Envy) and personify it. BELOW ARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLAIMING YOUR SIN; READ THEM CAREFULLY! Competitors are not allowed to change hair, skin, or eye color, but exceptions may be made upon request. Send all requests to Silver_Wolf_Kitty.
These are the currently claimed sins:
Now, sins will be claimed on a first come, first serve basis instead of being assigned. To make your claim, you must send a message to Silver_Wolf_Kitty stating your first AND second choices for sins. Please include both in the event your first choice is taken. Then, I will PM you back as soon as possible to confirm your choice. ONCE A SIN IS TAKEN, NO OTHER COMPETITORS MAY DO IT. Failure to claim a sin may result in placement in the bottom two for voting. This is because we do not want to see repeats and are certain that popular sins may have multiple competitors doing them otherwise.
When your doll is ready, we ask participants to post their dollmaker doll in this thread. Round four will close the evening of November 1st! After that, the judges will submit their critiques and then public voting of the bottom two for the round will begin.
Are you looking for a place to discuss the Miss TDP Competition? Try the Official Miss TDP Clique!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Miss TDP Dollmaker-Round Four||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||6||10-07-2009 05:51 PM|
|Miss TDP Dollmaker-Round Three Voting!||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||0||09-17-2009 05:56 PM|
|Miss TDP-Dollmaker Round Three||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||7||09-11-2009 10:13 PM|
|Miss TDP-Dollmaker Round Two!||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||8||08-08-2009 05:26 PM|
|Miss TDP-Dollmaker Round One!||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||12||07-10-2009 05:43 PM|