Miss TDP Dollmaker-Round Five!
Welcome to the first ever Miss TDP competition! Before continuing to the theme for round five, we ask that all members read the following rules and procedures if they are competing.
In a turn of events, instead of voting, the judges had a double elimination round to even the competitors. Heva_Banana_Mad and Catlover642 were eliminated this round. Congrats to them for working so hard! The following members are still competing in this competition and are the only ones allowed to post here:
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD NOR IS IT THE PLACE TO SUBMIT HANDDRAWN DOLLS! Before you post here, I suggest you stop. All non-entry posts will be deleted. If you have questions, direct them to Silver_Wolf_Kitty. If you want to discuss the contest, the official Miss TDP clique(found here) is suggested.
1. Character. When entering Miss TDP, you need to enter with one character and stay with it the entire time. This means that your doll’s hair, eye, and skin colour must remain the same throughout, unless otherwise stated in the round theme.
2. Base. You must use the same base set throughout, so pick one with a variety of poses. This base should also be medium in size for handdrawn dollers (comparable in size to the "Moe" bases here: DHF : Doll on the Hill Factory). Dollmaker users should use the shuni style base.
3. Theft. No stealing the work of another. This applies to both handdrawn and dollmaker participants, so do not submit a doll that someone else made or, for handdrawn dollers, mix and match pieces of completed dolls that are not your own. All work should be original and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
4. Props. Props and backgrounds are encouraged, but should not be massive. We will ask too large of entries to reduce their size, so be reasonable.
5. Transparency. We ask that all dolls have transparent background and is a GIF file. If you don’t know how to do this, see the following thread: How to Make Backgrounds Transparent
6. Forbidden. Sexually explicit, nudity(artistic nudity must be okayed first by Silver_Wolf_Kitty), or overly bloody dolls are forbidden. Entering one could result in disqualification.
7. Theme. Every doll should relate to the theme. While we encourage creativity, failure to keep with the theme can get you eliminated automatically that round.
8. Judges. No one is allowed to use friendship or promises to sway a judge’s decision. Threats, bribery, and attempts to interfere or discover the judge’s decisions in anyway will result in disqualification. Arguing with the judges can result in an automatic elimination.
9. Competing. You can only submit one entry for each cometition, so choose wisely. The rules are being changed to allow crossover, but we ask that handdrawn dollers stick to the dollmakers if they are inclined to compete in that arena.
10. Animation. Animation is forbidden in the competition. We understand that many users like glitter, blinking, etc, but it takes away from the creativity and creates an unequal playing field for those who can’t animate.
The audition round procedures are no longer in place, these are the procedures that will be followed in the future.
1. Participants enter a doll every two weeks in the set thread. They may enter it sooner, however further edits are not allowed after the doll is entered. No matter what, the two weeks are a guaranteed time slot(unless all entries are received before it).
2. Any participants who fail to meet this deadline will be eliminated. Deadlines are not being extended for anyone, so do not ask. Special extensions may be asked in the event of a long trip or medical/family emergency, but you must contact Silver_Wolf_Kitty immediately if this occurs.
3. After two weeks(or when all dolls are entered), the judges will then provide critique on each entry and select a bottom two for the round.
4. Several days are given for voting on who should stay. Voting will be a public affair, but you shouldn’t worry about hurting feelings. All you have to do is vote in the voting thread poll for the doll you think should go.
5. Votes are counted and the bottom participant is eliminated, then the next round begins.
The theme for round five is "Seven Deadly Sins". You are to select one of the deadly sins (Lu.st, Sloth, Greed, Gluttony, Wrath, Pride, and Envy) and personify it. BELOW ARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLAIMING YOUR SIN; READ THEM CAREFULLY! Competitors are not allowed to change hair, skin, or eye color, but exceptions may be made upon request. Send all requests to Silver_Wolf_Kitty.
These are the currently claimed sins:
Now, sins will be claimed on a first come, first serve basis instead of being assigned. To make your claim, you must send a message to Silver_Wolf_Kitty stating your first AND second choices for sins. Please include both in the event your first choice is taken. Then, I will PM you back as soon as possible to confirm your choice. ONCE A SIN IS TAKEN, NO OTHER COMPETITORS MAY DO IT. Failure to claim a sin may result in placement in the bottom two for voting. This is because we do not want to see repeats and are certain that popular sins may have multiple competitors doing them otherwise.
When your doll is ready, we ask participants to post their dollmaker doll in this thread. Round four will close the evening of November 1st! After that, the judges will submit their critiques and then public voting of the bottom two for the round will begin.
For my deadly sin, I chose greed because I thought Nelly's attitude portrayed wonderfully. I had a blast making this because my first time making a pixel item by scratch before...no tutorial either, and i also used a new shading technique.(Dithering) I edited Nelly's eyelashes to make her eyes look like they're are menacingly slanted.
TDP Shuni Maker (dress)
SabresxRock (hair, tiara)
Hmmm...There's something about this doll I don't quite like but I can't put my finger on it exactly. It may be that her head doesn't match the scenario, or that the stringy things she's holding look wierd (and I can't tell what they are?) or that her crown is behind her. The doll itself is great. Everything is alligned and you did well on the chest but there's too many small things that are taking away from the whole doll.
This doll is nice enough to look at, and is well put together, but it's lacking something. A background, or more props to illustrate it would have been nice and would have given the doll that little bit extra that is missing. For example, more material goods to demonstrate how greedy she is.
Here is my entry.
Deadly Sin: Gluttony
This would be the pleasantly plump version of ... me? L0L... You can still see the remnants of Chinese food, cheesecake, and spaghetti in my little pigout area. Not much else to say, except i'm hungry. ;)
Oh my gosh I loved this doll! How original to plump your doll up! I was thinking that Gluttony was going to be extremely hard to doll (because just being surrounded by food wasn't going to cut it for my standards) but you have definately impressed me. Everything is alligned and all the props work together fabulously. I love how she's all 'yeah I'm plump, so WHAT?!' The dress is a little odd since the bo0bs are outlined but other than that it's completely fantastic.
I like this doll a lot. XD It's wonderfully edited to make her look plump, and she's grinning naughtily as she lies on her sofa surrounded by all her food. The food is wonderfully detailed, and not over the top. The carpet also is a nice touch; I'd say this was my favourite out of all the entries.
Here, Piper is representing the sin of pride. She's dressed as a queen here because usually queens and other royalty are full of pride in themselves. (Just an FYI, incase you were wondering, the thing behind her neck is one of those tall collars that queens will sometimes wear ^_^) There's an orange Tiger Lily next to her because on a few websites I found, it said that an orange Tiger Lily represented pride. The reason why her dress is mostly orange is because I also found a few places that orange, or deep orange (I found it as both) represented pride, as well. The other parts of her dress are a goldish-yellow color (supposed to be sort of gold, but it is more yellow) because royalty (in this case, queens) are usually associated with the color gold.
I'm impressed that you researched your sin! How clever to add the flower of pride! However that doesn't save the doll itself. The colors are really bright (and hurt my eyes) and are not very distinct. Gold is a much darker color, and both could have had better shading. The flower is choppy and too blended. Piper had a lot of potential with being a pride-filled queen, but unfortunately there were too many mishaps to do her justice.
This doll is well put together, but the gold parts could be darker as they don't really look metallic enough. There could also be more props, and the flower is a bit out of place. It would look better if the doll was carrying a bouquet, or had one tucked behind her ear, than to just plonk it next to the doll. I really think this doll could do with a lot more detail, as there really isn't much to demonstrate the chosen sin of pride.
Ebony feels like a royal queen in her luxurious suroundings and is a success in her own eyes, she has succeeded in doing absolutely nothing for this role and I must say that she has enjoyed it immensley so here she is offering a toast to all her fellow sloths out there, her gorgeous Burmese cat Felicity really hasnt changed at all and has pretty much been a sloth all her life.....
In case the text is not clear enough it says....Come let us celebrate the art of doing nothing..
This doll definately took me by surprise. I was expecting something more 'sleepy' and blue/green, lol. I think this doll is very cute and for the most part I adore it. However there are a few things that bug me and they are the cat, the text and the champagne bottle. He cat looks like he's going to fall off the lounge chair, putting him more towards the middle would have prevented that. The text is a little hard to read, but you made up for it by telling us what it said. I can understand it being hard to read since it's such a small chat bubble. The bottle of champagne needed to come down a pixel or two since right now it's on top of the lounge chair's skirt. This doll is perfectly alligned and definately represents her sin. Not the representations I was expecting, but just as good all the same.
This is a fantastic doll; she looks wonderfully lazy just lolling there on the bed with her cat beside her, as tho she's not planning to do anything else that day. The hangings really set it off, and her dress is well made, too. My only criticism is that the dress folds could be a bit more naturally arranged where they are falling off the edge of the bed; they're standing up a tad.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:46 PM.|
© 2007 The Doll Palace