Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Doll Creation Post your own doll creations and show your skills to cartoon doll community

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miss_TDP_Committee (Offline)
Bonita

Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Miss TDP Handdrawn-Round Five! - 10-20-2009, 12:31 AM

Welcome to the first ever Miss TDP competition! Before continuing to the theme for round five, we ask that all members read the following rules and procedures if they are competing.

In a sad turn of events, our competitor antimaie had to drop out due to a real life issue. Congrats to her for working so hard! The following members are still competing in this competition and are the only ones allowed to post here:
  • Aussiemum777
  • Elanorea
  • Silent_Wolf
  • TheHayleyDoll
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD NOR THE PLACE TO SUBMIT DOLLMAKER ENTRIES! Before you post here, I suggest you stop. All non-entry posts will be deleted. If you have questions, direct them to Silver_Wolf_Kitty. If you want to discuss the contest, the official Miss TDP clique(found here) is suggested.

Rules
1. Character. When entering Miss TDP, you need to enter with one character and stay with it the entire time. This means that your doll’s hair, eye, and skin colour must remain the same throughout, unless otherwise stated in the round theme.
2. Base. You must use the same base set throughout, so pick one with a variety of poses. This base should also be medium in size for handdrawn dollers (comparable in size to the "Moe" bases here: DHF : Doll on the Hill Factory). Dollmaker users should use the shuni style base.
3. Theft. No stealing the work of another. This applies to both handdrawn and dollmaker participants, so do not submit a doll that someone else made or, for handdrawn dollers, mix and match pieces of completed dolls that are not your own. All work should be original and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
4. Props. Props and backgrounds are encouraged, but should not be massive. We will ask too large of entries to reduce their size, so be reasonable.
5. Transparency. We ask that all dolls have transparent background and is a GIF file. If you don’t know how to do this, see the following thread: How to Make Backgrounds Transparent
6. Forbidden. Sexually explicit, nudity(artistic nudity must be okayed first by Silver_Wolf_Kitty), or overly bloody dolls are forbidden. Entering one could result in disqualification.
7. Theme. Every doll should relate to the theme. While we encourage creativity, failure to keep with the theme can get you eliminated automatically that round.
8. Judges. No one is allowed to use friendship or promises to sway a judge’s decision. Threats, bribery, and attempts to interfere or discover the judge’s decisions in anyway will result in disqualification. Arguing with the judges can result in an automatic elimination.
9. Competing. You can only submit one entry for each cometition, so choose wisely. The rules are being changed to allow crossover, but we ask that handdrawn dollers stick to the dollmakers if they are inclined to compete in that arena.
10. Animation. Animation is forbidden in the competition. We understand that many users like glitter, blinking, etc, but it takes away from the creativity and creates an unequal playing field for those who can’t animate.

Procedures
The audition round procedures are no longer in place, these are the procedures that will be followed in the future.

1. Participants enter a doll every two weeks in the set thread. They may enter it sooner, however further edits are not allowed after the doll is entered. No matter what, the two weeks are a guaranteed time slot(unless all entries are received before it).
2. Any participants who fail to meet this deadline will be eliminated. Deadlines are not being extended for anyone, so do not ask. Special extensions may be asked in the event of a long trip or medical/family emergency, but you must contact Silver_Wolf_Kitty immediately if this occurs.
3. After two weeks(or when all dolls are entered), the judges will then provide critique on each entry and select a bottom two for the round.
4. Several days are given for voting on who should stay. Voting will be a public affair, but you shouldn’t worry about hurting feelings. All you have to do is post in the voting thread with the name of the participant who you think should stay in the competition. You may provide an explanation, but that is up to you.
5. Votes are counted and the bottom participant is eliminated, then the next round begins.

Theme
The theme for round five is "Seven Deadly Sins". You are to select one of the deadly sins (Lu.st, Sloth, Greed, Gluttony, Wrath, Pride, and Envy) and personify it. BELOW ARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLAIMING YOUR SIN; READ THEM CAREFULLY! Competitors are not allowed to change hair, skin, or eye color, but exceptions may be made upon request. Send all requests to Silver_Wolf_Kitty.

These are the currently claimed sins:
Wrath-Silent_Wolf
Greed-Elanorea
Lu.st-Aussiemum777

Now, sins will be claimed on a first come, first serve basis instead of being assigned. To make your claim, you must send a message to Silver_Wolf_Kitty stating your first AND second choices for sins. Please include both in the event your first choice is taken. Then, I will PM you back as soon as possible to confirm your choice. ONCE A SIN IS TAKEN, NO OTHER COMPETITORS MAY DO IT. Failure to claim a sin may result in placement in the bottom two for voting. This is because we do not want to see repeats and are certain that popular sins may have multiple competitors doing them otherwise.

When your doll is ready, we ask participants to post their handdrawn doll in this thread. Round five will close the evening of November 1st! After that, the judges will submit their critiques and then public voting of the bottom two for the round will begin.

Questions

Are you looking for a place to discuss the Miss TDP Competition? Try the Official Miss TDP Clique!

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 10-22-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 10-28-2009, 03:12 PM

Character: Saguna "Alvin" Nemo
Sin: Wrath
Base: http://ccg.portmanteaux,org/ , Medley

I tried to capture more the aftermath of Wrath. Let's face it, I can't really pixel somebody being murdered in a rage, right? And, er, can somebody pass me the stitches kit? I'm bleeding a lot out of my spleen here. O_o;

Judges' Critiques
Very well made and I love the pants but besides the blood on her arm and the puddle, it looks normal. A background might have helped a little more and maybe a bit more blood and guts if that was where you were going for. Otherwise, its a great looking doll.
-Singergirl509

I feel like this doll fell a bit short. It has a good premise and the techniques used were excellent, with definite improvement with your pixelling, but you left me wanting more. I believe a background could've helped pull this together better and bring it to the level you wanted while still remaining within the rules.
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

I do love the... contemptuous?/disgusted expression on her face, as though, even after killing a person, she still is disgusted with them. The messyness of her hair also indicates that she'd just been in a struggle, which is a detail I like. Again, I wish there was more blood, but limiting it for the competition's rues was probably a wise decision on your part part. ^^;
-Spirit_Queen

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 11-16-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-05-2009, 01:59 PM

Character: Mandy
Sin: Gluttony
Base: nicolabear on deviantART - obviously edited. :P

Mandy has gained a bit of weight. xD She's fallen victim to the rich, fatty foods. The cream colour makes me think of yummy, sweetening foods, like cakes or ice cream. The circles in the background represent the idea of becoming more "round" shaped, and the icecream is just pixel icecream... yum. :P

Judges' Critiques
Another very well made doll and I like how you added the ice cream cone and the way that Gluttony was shaped. Overall, this was my favorite of the four.
-Singergirl509

I like the symbolism of the doll and how well you thought out each piece of it, helping it all come together to represent Gluttony. The one picky thing is I feel the ice cream or some form of a sweet could've been worked in better, right now it looks like your ice cream has an amazing ability of levitation that I am rather jealous of I feel this came out the best though out of all four of the dolls.
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

You get the top with me, due to the amount of symbolism you put into your doll; the circles and the cream-color were well thought out, and not just slapped on there because it looked nice.
-Spirit_Queen

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 11-16-2009 at 06:37 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 11-05-2009, 06:40 PM

Character-Gabriel
Deadly sin-L.ust
Base- Poupe-base by GigideMortimer by *GigideMortimer on deviantART

Gabriel is normally fairly innocent so when the seven deadly sins role came up she was very exited to dress up in her 'Lusty outfit', she loves most of her outfit but she is a little annoyed at the artist who drew those nickerbockers for her to wear, she doesn't like them at all!
Prince her Chocolate Point Siamese cat is also thrilled to be in the picture, he can be a little vain and spends most of his hours preening so he can look his best to charm the local felines.

Judges' Critiques
I see where your idea was going, I just don't think it was executed very well. She seems a little more like a poster than a doll. I think the black background hindered the view because it all seemed to blend together.
-Singergirl509

I think your story behind your doll helped to clarify it all a bit better. Its a cute idea, I really like it, but the black background definately interfered. I think if you made it transparent the doll would've looked much nicer and less "flat". Your work has definitely improved quite a bit during this competition and I liked seeing your pixel work, it helped bring your doll up to a different notch, though the curves of the couch needs some tidying up to make it smoother.
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 11-16-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: forgot base credit
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 11-06-2009, 06:16 PM

Character: Ashley
Sin: Greed

She's holding a wallet and clutching a few hundred-kroon bills to her heart to show an obsession with money. The heavy, chain-like gold jewelry is supposed to symbolise how she is essentially a slave to wealth.

Base

Judges' Critiques
It was a very cool idea on how you made her look all 'business' woman looking and the idea with the gold chains was pretty clever. Very well thought out and put together.
-Singergirl509

I like the idea behind this(especiall the chains to represent a slavery to wealth), but the clothing chosen was a bit off-putting. It has a very rushed feeling to it, like if you had more time this outfit could've been more developed beyond the simple colours of coinage. I know you can do better than this.
-Silver_Wolf_Kitty

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 11-16-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Closed Thread