Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Doll Creation Post your own doll creations and show your skills to cartoon doll community

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miss_TDP_Committee (Offline)
Bonita

Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Miss TDP Dollmaker-Round Four - 09-23-2009, 10:03 PM

Welcome to the first ever Miss TDP competition! Before continuing to the theme for round four, we ask that all members read the following rules and procedures if they are competing.

The public has decided and the member who was eliminated was iluvdolphin6! Congrats to her for working so hard! The following members are still competing in this competition and are the only ones allowed to post here:
  • Aussiemum777
  • Catlover642
  • Heva_Banana_Mad
  • jordanashley
  • prin367cess
  • XxXCookies_R_MineXxX
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD NOR IS IT THE PLACE TO SUBMIT HANDDRAWN DOLLS! Before you post here, I suggest you stop. All non-entry posts will be deleted. If you have questions, direct them to Silver_Wolf_Kitty. If you want to discuss the contest, the official Miss TDP clique(found here) is suggested.

Rules
1. Character. When entering Miss TDP, you need to enter with one character and stay with it the entire time. This means that your dolls hair, eye, and skin colour must remain the same throughout, unless otherwise stated in the round theme.
2. Base. You must use the same base set throughout, so pick one with a variety of poses. This base should also be medium in size for handdrawn dollers (comparable in size to the "Moe" bases here: DHF : Doll on the Hill Factory). Dollmaker users should use the shuni style base.
3. Theft. No stealing the work of another. This applies to both handdrawn and dollmaker participants, so do not submit a doll that someone else made or, for handdrawn dollers, mix and match pieces of completed dolls that are not your own. All work should be original and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
4. Props. Props and backgrounds are encouraged, but should not be massive. We will ask too large of entries to reduce their size, so be reasonable.
5. Transparency. We ask that all dolls have transparent background and is a GIF file. If you dont know how to do this, see the following thread: How to Make Backgrounds Transparent
6. Forbidden. Sexually explicit, nudity(artistic nudity must be okayed first by Silver_Wolf_Kitty), or overly bloody dolls are forbidden. Entering one could result in disqualification.
7. Theme. Every doll should relate to the theme. While we encourage creativity, failure to keep with the theme can get you eliminated automatically that round.
8. Judges. No one is allowed to use friendship or promises to sway a judges decision. Threats, bribery, and attempts to interfere or discover the judges decisions in anyway will result in disqualification. Arguing with the judges can result in an automatic elimination.
9. Competing. You can only submit one entry for each cometition, so choose wisely. The rules are being changed to allow crossover, but we ask that handdrawn dollers stick to the dollmakers if they are inclined to compete in that arena.
10. Animation. Animation is forbidden in the competition. We understand that many users like glitter, blinking, etc, but it takes away from the creativity and creates an unequal playing field for those who cant animate.

Procedures
The audition round procedures are no longer in place, these are the procedures that will be followed in the future.

1. Participants enter a doll every two weeks in the set thread. They may enter it sooner, however further edits are not allowed after the doll is entered. No matter what, the two weeks are a guaranteed time slot(unless all entries are received before it).
2. Any participants who fail to meet this deadline will be eliminated. Deadlines are not being extended for anyone, so do not ask. Special extensions may be asked in the event of a long trip or medical/family emergency, but you must contact Silver_Wolf_Kitty immediately if this occurs.
3. After two weeks(or when all dolls are entered), the judges will then provide critique on each entry and select a bottom two for the round.
4. Several days are given for voting on who should stay. Voting will be a public affair, but you shouldnt worry about hurting feelings. All you have to do is vote in the voting thread poll for the doll you think should go.
5. Votes are counted and the bottom participant is eliminated, then the next round begins.

Theme
The theme for round four is "Anime". This means that competitors need to select an anime or manga character and doll them. We are allowing anything to be chosen rather than limiting competitors, however, it is highly encouraged NOT to do extremely popular animes such as Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, etc. Think of it this way: if it is extremely popular and has tons of fangirls, you shouldn't do it. We want creativity, not regurgitated themes. Competitors are permitted to change their character's hair and eye colors this round, but not their skin unless they PM Silver_Wolf_Kitty to ask. Please include reference pictures and the manga and character's names so it can be looked up by the judges. If you are doing an original in-character outfit, explanation is also required as to how it is in-character.

When your doll is ready, we ask participants to post their dollmaker doll in this thread. Round four will close the evening of October 7th! After that, the judges will submit their critiques and then public voting of the bottom two for the round will begin.

Questions
Q. Are we supposed to copy from a picture and provide a link to the picture we have copied from or can we do our own version of our chosen character?
A. I'd suggest using a reference picture and doing the actual character, but it'd be alright to do your own version, as long as the outfit is in character and explained.

Are you looking for a place to discuss the Miss TDP Competition? Try the Official Miss TDP Clique!

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 09-24-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Heva_Banana_Mad (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-27-2009, 02:04 PM

Character name: Tammy
Anime: Kiki's delivery service. (Film)
Tis Kiki from Kiki's delivery service. (Hope that's ok)

It is said that when a witch turns 13 she must spend a year in a new town to establish herself as a full witch. The film gives an idea of Kiki's experiences in this new town.

As always she is accompanied by her cat Jiji and is carrying her radio.
Kiki is always seen wearing this purple dress and she also rides her mother's broom. She was originally going to take her own on her adventure but her mother thought she should take this one instead as a reminder of her.

I used various different makers on TDP. I drew in the musical notes with paint and that's about it.

Reference pic!

Judges' Critiques
Yay! A cat! I love cats and I'm glad you included Her's. I think you did very well in making this doll. You have plenty of props and I think it ties together nicely. I only have one issue and it's that she looks a little odd. I understand she's sitting on a broom, but it just looks funny. Other than that she's a perfect Kiki!
.:*LancasterPrincess*:.

Looks a lot like the reference picture, and the music notes are a nice touch. However, the doll does not look as tho she's sitting on the broom; more as tho she's standing next to it and is somewhat shorter than normal. Also, the hair doesn't look quite right, nor do the shoes.
-Miranda_

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 10-21-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 10-01-2009, 07:38 PM

Anime: Peach Girl
Character: Diandra

Diandra is playing Momo Adachi from Peach Girl. (Click) Momo is sadly misunderstood and is called a party girl by others because of her peach colored hair and persona. Momo just wants someone to understand her. Compared to the other girls in her school, Momo has very tan skin compared to the very pale girls. I've tried to replicate her school girl outfit, which is the one most seen in the episodes. Momo means peach in Japanese; possibly a reference to her hair.

Judges' Critiques
Hmmm...While this doll looks like her character in costume I don't see an ounce of her personality. I'm not understanding where her "party girl" comes into play...? Also the white in the enclosed parts of the text is distracting. I think this doll is put together well, but it abruptly stops there unfortunately.

I like this doll a lot; the schoolgirl outfit is almost exactly the same as in the reference picture, tho the high heels are a little improbably. My only problem is that there's no background, and that the hair is a shade to dark to fit the picture.
-Miranda_

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 10-21-2009 at 07:01 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 10-03-2009, 06:47 AM

Character name-Ebony
Anime Character-Ran Tenjinbashi from Sukumizu Police
Ref Pic- http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u...ashi_thumb.jpg
Ref Link- Ran Tenjinbashi - 天神橋 *(てんじんばし らん) - Sukumizu Palice - すくみずポリス - Anime Characters Database

I had fun dolling her and I think the outfit is cute, she has a grenade strapped to her thigh if anyone dares to mess with her and I also gave her a cute police hat to finish the outfit off.
There is not a lot of Information relating to this character and all I know is that she is part of a group of anime police which is set in a beachy tropical setting, Sorry that's all the info I can give.

Judges' Critiques
I think you did a fabulous job portraying your anime! She looks perfect, everything is put together perfectly and her scene and props do her and her story complete justice! I have no issues with this doll what-so-ever.

I adore this doll. The doll looks exactly like the reference pic, even to the little details like her costume and her gun holster. The hair is also exactly like the picture. The background also is good, it really brings out the storyline of the anime. All in all, an extremely good effort.
-Miranda_

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 10-21-2009 at 07:02 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
jordanashley (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.33 Average
Default 10-05-2009, 06:21 PM

Character name: Piper
Anime: Black Cat
Anime Character: Eve
Reference Pics: [Click1] [Click2]
Link to an anime info page: [Click]
(The link will take you to the wiki for the manga of Black Cat, but it was later made into an anime show [it even says so on that page])

Eve was a difficult character to doll, which I didn't know until I started ^_^. There's another anime character who looks reeaally similar to her, so it was confusing trying to find pictures of Eve and find out if it was Eve or the other character. I didn't really know of a background or prop to add to the doll, as I've never watched Black Cat before. Her hair looks kind of funny, I know. Over than the difficulties I had, it was pretty fun!

Judges' Critiques
Cute! I love the hair (even as a little too big it's still cute!). Her costume is perfect and aligned perfectly. There's nothing 'wrong' with this doll, but it could definately have been spiced up. Even just putting her in a matching background would have worked (she looks hard core so a metalic background or even just a dark paterned background would have worked). I can understand not knowing about the character, but that shouldn't limit your own creativty.

A nice looking doll; a lot of effort has obviously gone into making it. A background would have been nice, but the clothes do look very good and match the reference pic. The ears aren't quite centred right and the ears and tail could be a shade or two lighter, so they show up better, but apart from that, this is very good.
-Miranda_

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 10-21-2009 at 07:05 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-05-2009, 11:20 PM

Character: Nelly
Anime: Sailor moon
Anime Character: Mina/Sailor Venus

I Chose to do Sailor Venus because I remember watching Sailor Moon as a little girls and loving Mina because she was girly and glamorous, even though she was an outcast. The thing she is holding is her magic love chain. this is one of her Sailor Scout powers.

Dollmakers:
Dollmaker(bow, legs, hair color)
TDP Shuni maker (skirt)
SabresxRock (hair)
TDP Harry Potter Maker (shirt)

Reference Pics:
Pic 1: Click
Pic 2: Click here too!

Judges' Critiques
I like that you chose a character than Nelly could stand in as. I think the doll is well put together and I'm glad you chose to include her 'power'! I only have one issue and that the shading of certain areas are way off, thus distracting the doll. Her face doesn't match the skin because it lacks similar shading and her shoes lack shading as well, which does not match the shading of the rest of her outfit. A more 'complete' look would have worked better.

The doll is well put together; however, it doesn't really capture the character of Sailor Venus at all. It really could be any blonde doll dressed up in the outfit. The chain is a good touch tho and almost saves this doll from being mediocre.
-Miranda_

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 10-21-2009 at 07:06 PM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
prin367cess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-07-2009, 05:51 PM

Ok, here is my entry, at the very last second!

From what I can gather, she is a character from a game called Ricotte ~Songstress of Alpenbul~. Her name is Fiore and she is one of 3 daughters. She is a young widow (hence the sad face) and she loves to cook. That's about all I could find and translate. The pic cuts her off at the waist, so I had no idea what type of dress or shoes she was wearing, although i did find her a cute necklace.

Reference pic: here.

Judges' Critiques
I think you did VERY well on turning your doll into Fiore. I also admire that just because the ref. pic was limiting that you didn't let it stop your creativity! She's well put together and looks so cute! I would have liked to have seen a prop however. Perhaps a black rose or cobwebs to better show her widow-ness. Good job though!

The doll matches the reference pic well and is very well put together; however a background or a prop could have helped this doll be spectacular. There really isn't much that helps it stand out from the crowd, altho it is very well made.
-Miranda_

av&sig: LancasterPrincess
http://purple-hippie.blogspot.com

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 10-21-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Closed Thread