Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Doll Creation Post your own doll creations and show your skills to cartoon doll community

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#561 (permalink))
Old
This_is_for_you_22 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: Not Rated
Default 01-17-2011, 04:56 PM

here is my 2nd entry

i like this quote bc it is true to everyone. no matter what happens in your life you family will always be there. whether you get into a relationship or get out of one, you get the job you want or you get fired, etc. no matter what happens to me i know i can always turn to my family for support bc they will always be there for me.
this entry is based off of an actual family portrait that i have

dollmakers used:
my own personal maker for most of it
PURRRFECTION for mom and blue dress body
aquasurf for couch and bg

Avi made by: Me (This_is_for_you_22)
Siggy made by: Chessie (Chesishire1996)
siggy credit also go to *The Fat Cat Shop*
Lexi <3

Last edited by This_is_for_you_22 : 01-17-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: adding dollmakers used
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#562 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 01-28-2011, 06:19 PM

I am running this contest a little longer in the hopes of getting some more entries, the new deadline is the 5th of Feb.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#563 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 02-05-2011, 05:46 PM

Okay! I realize I am JUST making the deadline, and I'm sorry! I didn't want to use my all time favorite quote for a Dollmaker Doll, so I had to research a quote to use. ^^

I used a combination of my offline maker and StyleDollz's Premi maker.

I thought this one was pretty cute? It's by Hans Christian Andersen...and I have no idea who that is. I just found the quote on a quote website and liked it. ^^' She's in a sunny tulip meadow, and the butterflies are to represent freedom.

I might make a second entry, since I found another quote that's also a good one to doll, but I don't know just yet. We'll see. If it's not in by the end of the 5th, then I won't be making the second.

**EDIT** Guess there was time after all! Here is my second entry!

All stuff I've collected into my offline maker.

Hope that's not too big? But I truly needed the space to really display the quote in full what with the ladder and two other people in-progress. ^^ Oh darn it...I keep forgeting that the backdrop is light on here and that light frames don't work well. *palmface* I'm too used to a dark backdrop, lol. Oh well, too late now. ^^

This quote was also Googled, and is by a person named Wilson Mizner. I don't know him either, but he must be a wise man. It's a cool play off the "Don't bite the hand that feeds", but more success related. I liked it.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 02-05-2011 at 08:41 PM.
(#564 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 02-08-2011, 05:34 AM

1st place winner is Lancasterprincess for her "Just living is not enough" quote I thought that it had the most meaning for me personally.

2nd place goes to This_is_for_you_22 for her "Family always there no matter what" quote that one had the most truth to it for me, In saying that I really loved all of the quotes.

Btw Lovie,
Hans Christian Anderson was a childrens author from the 1800's he wrote "The little match girl" and "The ugly duckling" amongst other popular stories.
Hans Christian Andersen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I cant beleive you havent heard of him, you should make a point of getting the movie of The little match girl it is in black & white but it is really really good(and sad).
Congrats!
I cant wait for the next theme
(#565 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 02-09-2011, 04:41 PM

Will do! I can believe I didn't know who he was (none the less a man, not a girl, xD) because I'm just that non-worldly like that... I will certainly look up the things you mentioned.

Okay, so for the next contest, I'm sticking with the holiday spirit!

. ~ * Romance Me * ~ .

Create a doll in any romantic scene/setting. Your doll can just be waiting for her Valentine to show up, or you can include their lover in the entry as well, if you so wish! So only 1 doll is required.

Backgrounds are not required, but they are encouraged.
Same with props.

I ask only 1 requirement (in addition to obviously meeting the theme xD)

There must be a HIDDEN heart!

Lets get creative people! It can be a heart flower in a flower bush, or a heart in a bouquet, or a heart bubble in a drink! Just hide that heart!

***EDIT***
Please make sure your hearts are visible to the naked eye! When I say hidden I meant cleverly placed, like Ness's first entry, not impossible, lol. Hearts must be larger than just 3-5 pixels. I've made an exception for Tink's first entry because this rule wasn't instated yet.

***EDIT***
...Oh and btw, you're more than welcome to DM and ask the poster if you guessed the hearts right! (And poster's, you're allowed to tell them if they did in fact guess right.) What I meant was don't post answers in this thread, lol.

Deadline is Wednesday 23rd!

Have fun!

Also! Please don't tell anyone where your heart is hidden! Don't guess aloud either. Let's let everyone have their fun too at finding all the hidden hearts!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 02-10-2011 at 11:54 PM.
(#566 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 02-10-2011, 06:28 PM

Here is my romantic Valentine couple:

Credit goes to Style Dollz :: Dress Up Games :: Dollmakers :: Graphics :: (which I am a memeber of) for the doll couple and heads.
(#567 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 02-10-2011, 07:06 PM

I guessed wrong twice...technically only once since I hadn't sent Ness my second guess, lol. But with Captian Obvious's help (aka, my husband xD) we located the heart! Good one Ness!

Can't wait to find some more hidden hearts!

(#568 (permalink))
Old
tinker_bell_96 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-10-2011, 07:37 PM

im almost done with my entry!!!!!!!!! and i am telling u right now there r gunna be a couple small hidden hearts and i will let u know exactly how many there r gunna be hehe

edit:
here is my entry there r 4 hidden hearts and they are kind of like a where's waldo u have to really search for them hehe

dollmaker credit goes to styledollz.info and my own personal offline maker

Avi by Lovie
Sig by Lovie

Last edited by tinker_bell_96 : 02-10-2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: putting in entry
(#569 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 02-10-2011, 11:48 PM

I see 3 hearts, but I can't find the last one, lol.

Oh and Ness asked about 2 entries...I'll allow 2 enteries per person! Also, the rules have been updated!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 02-10-2011 at 11:56 PM.
(#570 (permalink))
Old
tinker_bell_96 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-11-2011, 06:22 AM

pm me where u found the hearts and i will give u a hint as to where the 4th one is hehehe

Avi by Lovie
Sig by Lovie
Closed Thread