Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Doll Creation Post your own doll creations and show your skills to cartoon doll community

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miss_TDP_Committee (Offline)
Bonita

Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Miss TDP-Dollmaker Round Two! - 07-27-2009, 09:46 PM

Welcome to the first ever Miss TDP competition! Before continuing to the theme for round two, we ask that all members read the following rules and procedures if they are competing.

The public has decided and the member who was eliminated was booni_monkey! Congrats to her for working so hard! The following members are still competing in this competition and are the only ones allowed to post here:
  • antimaie
  • Aussiemum777
  • Catlover642
  • donettetalbot281
  • Heva_Banana_Mad
  • iluvdolphin6
  • jordanashley
  • KaraKupkakex
  • prin367cess
  • xNicole
  • XxXCookies_R_MineXxX
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD NOR IS IT THE PLACE TO SUBMIT HANDDRAWN DOLLS! Before you post here, I suggest you stop. All non-entry posts will be deleted. If you have questions, direct them to Silver_Wolf_Kitty. If you want to discuss the contest, the official Miss TDP clique(found here) is suggested.

Rules
1. Character. When entering Miss TDP, you need to enter with one character and stay with it the entire time. This means that your doll’s hair, eye, and skin colour must remain the same throughout, unless otherwise stated in the round theme.
2. Base. You must use the same base set throughout, so pick one with a variety of poses. This base should also be medium in size for handdrawn dollers (comparable in size to the "Moe" bases here: DHF : Doll on the Hill Factory). Dollmaker users should use the shuni style base.
3. Theft. No stealing the work of another. This applies to both handdrawn and dollmaker participants, so do not submit a doll that someone else made or, for handdrawn dollers, mix and match pieces of completed dolls that are not your own. All work should be original and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
4. Props. Props and backgrounds are encouraged, but should not be massive. We will ask too large of entries to reduce their size, so be reasonable.
5. Transparency. We ask that all dolls have transparent background and is a GIF file. If you don’t know how to do this, see the following thread: How to Make Backgrounds Transparent
6. Forbidden. Sexually explicit, nudity(artistic nudity must be okayed first by Silver_Wolf_Kitty), or overly bloody dolls are forbidden. Entering one could result in disqualification.
7. Theme. Every doll should relate to the theme. While we encourage creativity, failure to keep with the theme can get you eliminated automatically that round.
8. Judges. No one is allowed to use friendship or promises to sway a judge’s decision. Threats, bribery, and attempts to interfere or discover the judge’s decisions in anyway will result in disqualification. Arguing with the judges can result in an automatic elimination.
9. Competing. You can only submit one entry for each cometition, so choose wisely. The rules are being changed to allow crossover, but we ask that handdrawn dollers stick to the dollmakers if they are inclined to compete in that arena.
10. Animation. Animation is forbidden in the competition. We understand that many users like glitter, blinking, etc, but it takes away from the creativity and creates an unequal playing field for those who can’t animate.

Procedures
The audition round procedures are no longer in place, these are the procedures that will be followed in the future.

1. Participants enter a doll every two weeks in the set thread. They may enter it sooner, however further edits are not allowed after the doll is entered. No matter what, the two weeks are a guaranteed time slot(unless all entries are received before it).
2. Any participants who fail to meet this deadline will be eliminated. Deadlines are not being extended for anyone, so do not ask. Special extensions may be asked in the event of a long trip or medical/family emergency, but you must contact Silver_Wolf_Kitty immediately if this occurs.
3. After two weeks, the judges will then provide critique on each entry and select a bottom two for the round.
4. Several days are given for voting on who should stay. Voting will be a public affair, but you shouldn’t worry about hurting feelings. All you have to do is vote in the voting thread poll for the doll you think should go.
5. Votes are counted and the bottom participant is eliminated, then the next round begins.

Theme
The theme for round two is "Celestial Beings". It can be an alien, a goddess, an angel, basically anything that can be identified as "otherworldly". Competitors are allowed to change the skin, hair, and eye color for this round, as well as add extra limbs. We ask that all competitors identify what their doll is so we can critique it properly and determine if it fits the round.

When your doll is ready, we ask participants to post their dollmaker doll in this thread. Round two will close the evening of August 10th! After that, the judges will submit their critiques and then public voting of the bottom two for the round will begin.

Questions

Are you looking for a place to discuss the Miss TDP Competition? Try the Official Miss TDP Clique!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-29-2009, 04:38 PM

This is my doll, Nelly, as an alien with aqua colored skin and leopard style markings. The alien is a referee for some alien sport

Judges' Critiques
Original idea, especially when compared to all the angels that people chose to do. I like the antennae and the clothes are good and fit well. I also like the explanation behind the doll; it's original and cute. My only criticism is that the blonde part of the hair doesn't really fit; making it blue or dark green might have fitted better than blonde.
-Miranda_

I like the choices with the skin tone, the leopard print and the antennae for her, it looks good. Is she blowing a whistle? It's a bit hard to tell. A background would have been nice, too.
-Xx_Pixie_Dust_Dispenser_xX

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-24-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 07-30-2009, 12:44 AM

Here's mines. ^U^

Character: Naomi.
Celestial Being: Angel.

Naomi is an angel, complete with white (or almost white) ensomble, her wings and a golden halo. I decided to do an angel because of a book I recently read, and while at camp, my frined constantly came up to me saying "your an angel Clary!" So I decided to make an angel. I left the gloves on her hands becuase I thought tht it gave her more character and showed that nobody is the same, not even angels. ;D

Judges' Critiques
Bit of a generic idea this one; your usual angel in white, complete with golden halo. While the rainbow is a nice touch, I don't really think this doll is creative enough to be given much praise. It's really just a standard angel, nothing else to say.
-Miranda_

It was hard to see the halo and her shoes. Maybe a background would have made them more visible? The wings also looked a bit scratchy around the edges. Backgrounds can also help to make the wings look smoother. A good doll, though. Did you draw the rainbow? It really goes with the doll.

baby, you got me. ♥

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-24-2009 at 02:08 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Heva_Banana_Mad (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-30-2009, 03:20 PM

Character: Tammy
Celestial Being: Goddess

Oooh Tammy's been promoted to a goddess. She is goddess of the sea (therefore she has blue skin and blue bits on her dress because most people think of the sea as blue even though it isn't actually)

I had a hard time deciding what to do for this contest so I scrolled through the maker until I saw this dress that I adored and it immediately made me think. GODDESS!

Judges' Critiques
I like this doll. Making the doll blue to fit the ocean is a nice touch, and the dress is fantastic. I love the detail to it, and the belt looks great as does the crown. Maybe blue streaks in the hair would be nice, or hair that was different shades of blue or green, to go with the overall theme. But all in all, this is a good doll.
-Miranda_

You can see her original skin tone peeking out from the right side of her dress, which makes it look rushed. The nose and mouth look a bit weird too, because of the original colours. Did you draw the blue streaks on the dress? It looks okay when you glance at it, but when you look closer you can see they look rushed, also. But it was a creative doll. A background of the sea would have made her look more in character.

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-24-2009 at 02:09 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 07-31-2009, 08:57 PM

Diandra's a angel. A lovely one, but who say's that she has to be a heavenly angel? XD I thought that the red dress with the long length was very evil and stylish. Her hair gives her the extra touch with the red flair's at the end. ^^ And the sycthe, well, you can guess what thats for.

Cracking nuts of course! XD Hope you like it.

Judges' Critiques
Now, altho this doll is an angel, this is a very original idea of an angel as opposed to the generic idea of one. I love the fact that this doll is an evil, fallen angel as opposed to the more obvious idea of a good angel. Her wings are great, and the scythe is a nice touch. The red tips to the hair match the dress, which fits perfectly and really carries off the idea of a firey angel. All in all, a super doll and a very creative interpretation.
-Miranda_

I really like this one, she looks very evil. The bottom part of the wing looks cut off though, because it's straight across. An evil background with flames or something would have really completed it.

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-24-2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Just removed the TDP banner off of it.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
jordanashley (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.33 Average
Default 08-01-2009, 12:27 AM

Character: Piper
Celestial Being: Angel
Description: Piper here is an angel! She's wearing a well, sort of ivory and white dress. She's got a halo and wings like angels are usually pictured with. She's barefooted because that's how I picture angels. The background is sort of like heaven because that's where angels are, of course. The border is there just to make it look neat XD. Oh! And the butterfly is there because they kind of remind me of angels since they're peaceful, fly around, and are harmless.
Why I chose an angel: Because I do believe in angels, and I thought it would be neat to make a doll of one. (:

Judges' Critiques
Again, another generic angel, cept this one I prefer cuz the dress is ivory rather than white, and is a much prettier one. The border is also a nice touch as is the butterfly and the stars. I still would have prefered a little more originality.
-Miranda_

The doll was good, and I like the background, but the frame doesn't make it look neat. It makes it look a bit sloppy because you can see the background on the outside of it. If you think of a real picture frame, the picture inside doesn't stick out of the frame.

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-24-2009 at 02:11 PM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default My Celestial being Entry - 08-02-2009, 06:39 AM

Character: Ebony
Celestial Being: Divine Angel of Light

My Character is a bringer of Light, she stands on her pillar every evening and holds her beacon up high for everyone to behold.
I gave her beautiful porcelin skin, angelic wings, a divine halo and a holy white glow.
Hope you like her

Judges' Critiques
This angel is a bit more original than the other good angels; I think the wings look fantastic and the lamp is a very original addition, especially with the explanation that the angel is a bringer of light. I really love the etheral glow that surrounds this angel; it really puts accross the idea that this is a divine being. My only criticism is that the pillar doesn't really match with the rest of the background; having the angel on a cloud might have fitted the concept better.
-Miranda_

I like this angel because it was more creative. I love that she's glowing and her clothes, wings and halo are perfectly placed on the doll. The hand pose also goes good with the lantern. I also adore that background, especially with this doll.

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-24-2009 at 02:11 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-04-2009, 09:21 AM

Ok...my doll, Victoria, is an Angel.
She has a golden dress, wings, and halo. She's in the clouds over looking the world.
xD

Judges' Critiques
Another angel, but this one again has some nice touches. I like the golden dress as opposed to the obvious white one, and the background is lovely. The dress fits well, tho I would have preferred the wings to be slightly lighter in colour than the dress; they're exactly the same shade so it's not obvious that they're wings and not simply just a part of the dress.
-Miranda_

I don't have much to say about this doll because it's very well done. Except for the grey bar across the top, if it just popped up when you pasted the code in or it isn't actually a part of the doll, then that's fine. But if it's a part of it, next time you should crop it out.

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-24-2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: had to put in image code for doll to show up
(#9 (permalink))
Old
prin367cess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Round 2 - 08-08-2009, 05:26 PM

Character: Amy
Celestial Being: Star Faery

I wanted to do something different than an angel, so I made this little star faery. she's in charge of making sure the stars are lit up at night, and sometimes she shoots them across the sky for little kids to wish on. She has a white dress for innocence, wings so she can fly around the world, and bare feet so she doesn't get the stars dirty.

Judges' Critiques
This doll I like a lot. The idea of a star faery is extremely original, as is the story behind it. The wings look fragile and golden, just the right type for a faery to have. The stars look good, too; the ones hanging from the top and the ones that the faery is kneeling on. My only criticism is that the shading of the white dress is a little severe.
-Miranda_

This one was also very creative, and I liked it a lot. The wing looked a bit weird because of where it was placed and the fact that it's just an outline. Also the magenta line on the background could have been edited out, because it looks a bit off on the purple background.

av&sig: LancasterPrincess
http://purple-hippie.blogspot.com

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 08-24-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Closed Thread