Miss TDP-Handdrawn Auditions! - 05-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Welcome to the first ever Miss TDP competition! Before continuing to the audition theme, we ask that all members read the following rules and procedures if they are considering competing. This competition may take several months based on the amount of entrants, so we ask that only serious competitors apply to compete.
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD NOR THE PLACE TO SUBMIT DOLLMAKER ENTRIES! Before you post here, I suggest you stop. All non-entry posts will be deleted. If you have questions, direct them to Silver_Wolf_Kitty. If you want to discuss the contest, the official Miss TDP clique(found here) is suggested.
1. Character. When entering Miss TDP, you need to enter with one character and stay with it the entire time. This means that your doll’s hair, eye, and skin colour must remain the same throughout, unless otherwise stated in the round theme.
2. Base. You must use the same base set throughout, so pick one with a variety of poses. This base should also be medium in size for handdrawn dollers (comparable in size to the "Moe" bases here: DHF : Doll on the Hill Factory). Dollmaker users should use the shuni style base.
3. Theft. No stealing the work of another. This applies to both handdrawn and dollmaker participants, so do not submit a doll that someone else made or, for handdrawn dollers, mix and match pieces of completed dolls that are not your own. All work should be original and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
4. Props. Props and backgrounds are encouraged, but should not be massive. We will ask too large of entries to reduce their size, so be reasonable.
5. Transparency. We ask that all dolls have transparent background and is a GIF file. If you don’t know how to do this, see the following thread: How to Make Backgrounds Transparent
6. Forbidden. Sexually explicit, nudity(artistic nudity must be okayed first by Silver_Wolf_Kitty), or overly bloody dolls are forbidden. Entering one could result in disqualification.
7. Theme. Every doll should relate to the theme. While we encourage creativity, failure to keep with the theme can get you eliminated automatically that round.
8. Judges. No one is allowed to use friendship or promises to sway a judge’s decision. Threats, bribery, and attempts to interfere or discover the judge’s decisions in anyway will result in disqualification. Arguing with the judges can result in an automatic elimination.
9. Competing. You can only submit one entry for each cometition, so choose wisely. The rules are being changed to allow crossover, but we ask that handdrawn dollers stick to the dollmakers if they are inclined to compete in that arena.
10. Animation. Animation is forbidden in the competition. We understand that many users like glitter, blinking, etc, but it takes away from the creativity and creates an unequal playing field for those who can’t animate.
These procedures will take effect after the audition round(which clearly cannot have a bottom two), but the format will basically be the same. In the audition round, the judges will select several entrants and award them a guaranteed spot, then the members will vote to decide the remaining spots.
1. Participants enter a doll every two weeks in the set thread. They may enter it sooner, however further edits are not allowed after the doll is entered. No matter what, the two weeks are a guaranteed time slot(unless all entries are received before it).
2. Any participants who fail to meet this deadline will be eliminated. Deadlines are not being extended for anyone, so do not ask. Special extensions may be asked in the event of a long trip or medical/family emergency, but you must contact Silver_Wolf_Kitty immediately if this occurs.
3. After two weeks, the judges will then provide critique on each entry and select a bottom two for the round.
4. Several days are given for voting on who should stay. Voting will be a public affair, but you shouldn’t worry about hurting feelings. All you have to do is post in the voting thread with the name of the participant who you think should stay in the competition. You may provide an explanation, but that is up to you.
5. Votes are counted and the bottom participant is eliminated, then the next round begins.
The theme for the audition round is “Dresses”. This means any type of dress is allowed, which may be formal, casual, historical, etc. You name it, you can do it. Props, accessories, and backgrounds are encouraged, but not necessary.
Note: This theme is simplified and most future themes will be more complex. Examples could be fairytales, historical figures, goddesses, etc.
When your doll is ready, we ask participants to post their handdrawn doll in this thread. No critiques are being added for the audition round. Auditions close the evening of May 31st!
1. Do saris count as dresses?
A: For the purpose of the competition, cultural formal wear/"dresses" are allowed. We understand that not every culture has the Western concept of a dress and won't limit it in that fashion, but we expect something similar to a dress. For example, saris and kimonos are acceptable, but something with a form of pants would not be.
2. Do I have to use the same exact hair style? Can it have the same colour, but in a different style?
A: The same style is not necessary, only the same colour.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Worst X-Factor Auditions EVER! O_o||Miranda_||Cool Videos||47||06-10-2012 03:54 PM|
|My Handdrawn Dolls||Silver_Wolf_Kitty||Hand Drawn||219||07-27-2010 03:10 AM|
|Miss TDP-Dollmaker Auditions!||Miss_TDP_Committee||Doll Creation||14||05-31-2009 12:04 PM|