Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Dating Come get advice on dating relationships here! Questions/Answers/Different Dating Topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default I need some serious advice. - 01-03-2013, 06:11 PM

So I have a friend who was with a boy for nearly two years before they broke up this past September.
The boy she was with and I had been really good friends before they started dating, and then we drifted apart when they got together. When they broke up he and I started talking again, and he started to like me and I started to like him back.
But I know that my friend who was with him before still likes him, and I know she'd be really upset if I were to date him. And I think he knows that too, which is why he hasn't asked me out.
Anyways, my question is this; Would it be okay to ever date him?

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 01-03-2013, 06:59 PM

I've never been able to understand why friends can't date ex's. They're EXes for a reason, just because he didn't work out with your friend, doesn't make him undatable for everyone else. But apparently that's JUST me, because hoardes of girls typically jump down my throat saying "OMG, friends are more important that BOOOOOOYYYYYYS" Which I never understood, husbands are more important than friends, which roughly translates into boys (not that ya'll are going to get married or anything) but just saying.

You should talk it over with your friend. Tell her you know she was hurt by the break up, and you will always love her and take her side, but that you really like this guy, and you hope that she'll be happy that you might find love, even if it is with him.

To me, if your friend gets upset, that's really not a friend, but then like I said, girls typically disagree with me on this, so I may be the wrong person to ask.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-03-2013, 07:34 PM

First of all, how long has it been since they broke up? If it's been a goodly amount of time, say six months, then I don't see a problem. Well, unless they broke up cuz he hit her or was a serial cheat, that is. But anyway, talk with your friend about this.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 01-03-2013, 11:12 PM

I think it is important to discuss the circumstances of the break up. If it was a just not connecting thing, you should be okay to date after you sit her down and discuss with her your interest. It isn't a betrayal of her to date him. However, if the circumstances were more serious, you should consider this before moving forward. Two years is a pretty long relationship, it is important to know what caused them to break up.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#5 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-04-2013, 12:22 AM

Thank you very much for your advice! I'll talk to her about it next time I see her.
I think the reason of the break up was just that they were drifting apart, and he wanted it to end but she really didn't. And it's been about five months since they broke up.

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."