Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Dating Come get advice on dating relationships here! Questions/Answers/Different Dating Topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default Most Attractive/Unattractive Qualities - 08-13-2012, 02:31 PM

What qualities do you find most attractive in a significant other / what are your biggest turn ons? How about turn offs?

My Top 5 "Ons":

1. Good with kids. More important to me than anything, because I love kids and plan on having quite a few.
2. Sense of humour. Cliche, but since I have depressive episodes, it's even more important. A good joke can always make me smile.
3. Ambition. I may seem "behind with the times", but I want to be able to stay home with my future children and be there for them.
4. Devotion/Faithfulness. Someone who treats me as the most beautiful woman in the world. I'm not the jealous type, but I definitely want to be their #1 woman.
5. Looks. They have to be at least moderately cute. I do have a type: taller than me, dark hair & brown eyes, slightly scruffy, preferably a little chest hair (not super thick... o_o), muscular, not scrawny. AKA - Tall, dark, and manly. <3

"Offs":

1. Douche-y. Think those guys on Jersey shore. Overly vain, think they can get any woman, etc. You all know what I mean.
2. Dumb. I need a guy at least as smart as I am so I can talk to him about important things.
3. Over-emotional. Unfortunately my husband has this problem. When I get upset, he turns everything into a pity party for him because he feels like it's always his fault. I've mentioned this to him and he's trying to stop, but currently, it really bugs me...

Can't think of any other major ones, but the opposite of my turn ons can also all be classified as offs.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-13-2012, 03:12 PM

Well, one of my friends once asked me what I look for in a guy, and I said I wanted someone honest, trustworthy, loyal....and by that point he took over and started reciting the Boy Scout Code of Honour. But let's look at my family: two cousins who are both Eagle Scouts, dad who is an Eagle Scout, grandpa and uncle in Scouts (not sure what level they reached), a brother just starting Scouts, a youth group with at this point, three Eagle Scouts, plus at least four others still in the program. So my whole life has been surrounded with Boy Scouts, so it shouldn't surprise ANYONE that I would look for those qualities in a male xD

But besides that, physically, what I find attractive: taller than me (no small feat; I'm pretty tall), freckles, blonde/sandy hair, clean cut, blue or green or grey eyes. But certain people with other hair/eye colors can still be attractive if they are tall xD, fit (not overly muscular but not a sack of potatoes...a lot of my friends play frisbee, and they all have GREAT, in-shape bodies. Plus they are lean because they are runners). And the oddest thing I find attractive: I really like guys with angular, straight noses. Se.xy! I don't know why, but something about their profiles has an allure for me that I don't quite understand. I suppose I prefer clean-shaven faces, but some boys can pull of a little scruff.

Mostly, I just want to date a nice guy who treats me with respect, listens to me when I need to talk, will be there for me to lean on when I need him, and whom I will do the same for. I don't care if he isn't an Adonis as long as he's not an a.ss. Even guys who look good can be a turn off if they are idiotic, stupid, jerkish, or any of those things. I recently met a gorgeous guy who was dumb as a rock....he was suddenly a lot less attractive. Of course, I am human, so I would prefer someone who looked a little decent (versus someone that looks like he spends all of his time living in his mom's basement with a near albino complexion, pizza face, creeper mustaches, etc. I think you get the idea).

But yeah, dumbness, being a jerk, and ignoring me are pretty big turnoffs.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-13-2012, 07:48 PM

It's going to be quite some time before I settle down, but I do find some special/not so special qualities about guys.

Pros:
1. Funny; Oh my yes! And preferably a clean funny. I'm a happy person so someone who tries to make me happy (literally) is super amazing!
2. Strong; My man better be able to protect me. I'm pretty small so someone who can protect me is a plus.
3. Christian; This is kind of must. Don't really care what domination he is, but since I'm christian I can't see myself marrying any else who isn't.

Cons:
1. Perv; I am pretty confident every guy in my grade is a perv. Glad my man is a year younger! XD It's super unattractive and total turnoff. I want a gentleman.
2. Don't take care of themself; I don't need a night in shining armor, but if you're not going to take care of yourself and your body, how am I supposed you are going to care for me.
3. Serious all the time; Like I said, I want a comedian. Someone who is serious every minute of their life is a bore. Sure being serious at certain times is important, but try and loosen up a bit.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 08-14-2012, 08:56 AM

My perfect mate
MUST:
1. Be a good father first and foremost(my previous partner wasnt that great in that dept.
2. Be clean, have nice teeth, a little scruffy around the edges(not unkempt) and must smell nice.
3. Strong, I like strong "labourer" type of men I'm not really into nerdy office types.
4. Be reasonably fit and love the outdoors
5.Understand me, I can tend to keep to myself a lot so as long as he knows I am not ignoring him is important.
6. Easy going, silly at times and a great sense of humour.

MUST NOT:
1. Be a womanizer and belittle woman, I hate that!
2. Be lazy around the house
3. Be vain, conceited or overconfident
4. Have bad teeth and breath
5. The opposite of all my "musts"
That's it I'm not fussy

(#5 (permalink))
Old
CL0WN_ (Offline)
Bonita

Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-09-2012, 01:36 PM

for me, its someone who"
1. is somewhat cute-the boy i like(d) has the cutes smile and the cutest eyes, so that always make me smile.
2. Sweet-someone who can always confort me, or is nice to others naturaly.
3. Funny- someone who makes you laugh, even at the worst times.
4. Nice-a boy who even though he doesn't like something/someone, he learns to live with it.
5. Truthful- someone who never EVER lies. (only in a joking way)

OPPA GANGAM STYLE
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-09-2012, 02:22 PM

I'm lucky enough to have found my perfect man who embodies everything I want. XD

Must:

1. Have a good sense of humour. I have a somewhat weird sense of humour, sometimes dark, and I need a guy who laughs at my jokes. XD
2. Be a rocker/biker type. I'm not into the clean cut look, or muscle men.
3. Be generous. I can't stand meanness, both with money and gifts, and also with time; there's no point in being with someone you hardly ever see.
4. Understand me. I have Aspergers and sometimes I like to be alone, and I need a guy who'll understand this and not get huffy cuz he thinks I don't like him.
5. Like the same things I like. That means like music and films. No point in being with someone unless they have things in common with you!

Must not:

1. Be pervy. Obviously, all guys are pervs to some extent, but I wouldn't like a guy constantly pawing me all the time. And obviously he has to understand that sometimes I'm not in the mood and not go into a sulk over it.
2. Be dirty. I can't stand men who don't wash and who smell. Ew. x_x
3 . Be rude.I've heard guys talk to girls in such a way that would make me smack them. Like this guy who always calls his girlf his b*tch. I'd never allow that.
4. Be sexist or demeaning towards women. All important; a good relationship is an equal one, and a guy needs to understand that.
5. Be lazy and not help around the house. I simply hate it when guys think that cooking and cleaning is "women's work" and refuse to help out.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 09-16-2012, 04:22 PM

Oh, man. I recently ended my long term relationship and I've been out on the dating scene for a bit now, with no intention of settling down. So, I've gotten a much better feel of what I like and what I don't.

MUST HAVES:
- Humor! This goes a long way with me.

- Energy. He's gotta keep up. We're out on the town and your butt is tired after a couple of hours, gtfo.

- A good head of hair. Oh, man. I was recently set up on a blind date with a guy that was 28 and he was going bald. We had a really good time, but as soon as I spied that balding spot, I immediately lost interest. Shallow, I know, but I can't help it!

- Older. I like older guys. 26+. I have a hard time identifying with guys my own age. Since I'm 21 I don't see this as being a huge deal.

Smokers are a plus. I have no idea why and it's really weird, but I really love a guy that smokes. I absolutely love kissing them after they smoke!

I can't date guys that are shorter or have stubby hands. They can't be shy or awkward. I really like confident guys. They have to take good care of their bodies. I love doing outdoor stuff and I'd like a guy to be down with hiking or biking some trails with me.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Santa_Claus (Offline)
Father Christmas
Silent

Rating: 8 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-15-2012, 12:40 PM

♪ Drinking around the Christmas tree
at the Christmas party rush,
Faces are hung o'er the balcony,
everybody is a lush.

Drinking around the Christmas tree,
let the Christmas drunkards through,
Later we'll do some vomiting,
and our arms will hug the loo.

You will get an upset stomach feeling when you taste
Vodka through your nose, oh golly,
Deck the halls with boughs of holly.

your hangover's on its way,
Everybody's wearing ice pack hats
in the new old-fashioned way.

(drunken sax solo.)

You will get an upset stomach feeling when you taste
Vodka through your nose, oh golly,
Deck the halls with boughs of holly.

your hangover's on its way,
Everybody's wearing ice pack hats
in the new old-fashioned way. ♪

Merry Christmas everyone!!