Add to Favorites  
    


Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Dating Come get advice on dating relationships here! Questions/Answers/Different Dating Topics.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
UtaGoesRawr's Avatar
UtaGoesRawr (Offline)
Junior Member
Bonita
 
Posts: 19
Join Date: Apr 2012
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: Not Rated
Default Not sure what to say - 05-05-2012, 11:41 PM

This is kinda a long story..

About two years ago, I dated this boy for six months. I was madly in love with him, but he didn't feel the same about me. It took me two years to accept this and move on. Last year, I moved to a new school. My locker was next to a boy that I became good friends with. He gave me his number and we started texting one another, but I always sort of knew he liked me. I asked him if he did after Valentine's day, and he said he did, so we started dating. Around March, I found out he liked me the whole year, which makes me feel guilty because I really feel nothing for him. I told him I loved him, but that feeling I had with my ex just isn't there. I know I need to tell him eventually, but I just don't know what to say. He keeps telling me how he wants to move forward in our relationship, but I can't build up enough courage to do what he wants to (to clear this up, I mean kissing and acting all lovey-dovey around school).

What should I say to him without jepordizing our friendship?


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_'s Avatar
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin
 
Posts: 151,191
Join Date: Dec 2004
Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-06-2012, 08:37 AM

The only thing you can do is be truthful; tell him that you like him a lot, but you think you ought to be friends rather than boyf and girlf. He might be upset, but it's the only thing you can do.


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
(#3 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy's Avatar
belladoggy (Online)
Senior Member
Hand Drawn
 
Posts: 1,161
Join Date: Feb 2007
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-06-2012, 02:00 PM

I'm with Miranda on this one; what you're doing now is essentially leading the poor boy on, and being led on, well, it kinda s.u.cks. I mean, it sounds like your ex was leading you on, so remember how awful that felt; I don't think you would want to do the same thing to another person. If you don't love someone, you really shouldn't say that you do, because it isn't fair to the other person, who may believe you. In relationships, I always think honesty is the best policy, because it allows for open communication. It sounds like you're doing this just because you feel like you need to be in a relationship, but you really don't, especially if you're not feeling anything with this new guy.

It might make your friendship a bit rocky, for a while, but, in the end, it'll work out for the better because you can get out of the stagnant relationship, and he cane find someone else who really has the feelings he is looking for. Honestly, the only thing you should feel a bit guilty about is telling him you loved him when you knew you didn't; it's not like you could control his developing a crush on you at the beginning of the year, but giving him false confidence in the relationship not only made it harder for you to get out of it, but also could really hurt him. Apologize for leading him to think you had the feelings he thought you did, and explain what you said here.



Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
(#4 (permalink))
Old
UtaGoesRawr's Avatar
UtaGoesRawr (Offline)
Junior Member
Bonita
 
Posts: 19
Join Date: Apr 2012
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 05-06-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladoggy View Post
I'm with Miranda on this one; what you're doing now is essentially leading the poor boy on, and being led on, well, it kinda s.u.cks. I mean, it sounds like your ex was leading you on, so remember how awful that felt; I don't think you would want to do the same thing to another person. If you don't love someone, you really shouldn't say that you do, because it isn't fair to the other person, who may believe you. In relationships, I always think honesty is the best policy, because it allows for open communication. It sounds like you're doing this just because you feel like you need to be in a relationship, but you really don't, especially if you're not feeling anything with this new guy.

It might make your friendship a bit rocky, for a while, but, in the end, it'll work out for the better because you can get out of the stagnant relationship, and he cane find someone else who really has the feelings he is looking for. Honestly, the only thing you should feel a bit guilty about is telling him you loved him when you knew you didn't; it's not like you could control his developing a crush on you at the beginning of the year, but giving him false confidence in the relationship not only made it harder for you to get out of it, but also could really hurt him. Apologize for leading him to think you had the feelings he thought you did, and explain what you said here.
I do feel very guilty about that. But, I'm really the kind of person who is fine with being single. I didn't really want a boyfriend at the time when I asked him.
When I told him I loved him the first time, I felt like I did with my ex but the feeling didn't last all that long.
Talking about this makes me feel like I'm a terrible person. :c


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
(#5 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy's Avatar
belladoggy (Online)
Senior Member
Hand Drawn
 
Posts: 1,161
Join Date: Feb 2007
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-06-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtaGoesRawr View Post
I do feel very guilty about that. But, I'm really the kind of person who is fine with being single. I didn't really want a boyfriend at the time when I asked him.
When I told him I loved him the first time, I felt like I did with my ex but the feeling didn't last all that long.
Talking about this makes me feel like I'm a terrible person. :c
You shouldn't feel like a terrible person; you just gotta learn from this mistake. You're human, it happens

okay, that's not so bad, but you do have to tell him that the feeling has faded. And, if you didn't really want a boyfriend...well, why did you ask him out? that's the only thing confusing me. But as long as you two are able to talk about things openly an honestly, it should work out for the better.



Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
(#6 (permalink))
Old
UtaGoesRawr's Avatar
UtaGoesRawr (Offline)
Junior Member
Bonita
 
Posts: 19
Join Date: Apr 2012
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 05-07-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladoggy View Post
You shouldn't feel like a terrible person; you just gotta learn from this mistake. You're human, it happens

okay, that's not so bad, but you do have to tell him that the feeling has faded. And, if you didn't really want a boyfriend...well, why did you ask him out? that's the only thing confusing me. But as long as you two are able to talk about things openly an honestly, it should work out for the better.
Whenever I find out a guy likes me, I feel like I'd be rude if I said no to being his girlfriend. (I'm too nice. Dx)
Oh, I talked to him last night. I didn't bring up the fading feelings, but we're not together anymore. I told him I still wanted to talk to him, though. So, maybe in a while I could tell him.


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




© 2007 The Doll Palace