Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Dating Come get advice on dating relationships here! Questions/Answers/Different Dating Topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#51 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-10-2012, 02:36 PM

I always talk to guys like they are my friends. Heck, I talk like that with everyone. I think it's really easy for me to talk to guys since I grew up with them. Considering all my cousins are boys except for 2, but one was recently born and the other has just started pre-school, so they don't count.

I used to think that dating was a waste of time in school. There's a very good chance that you and the other person will break up so what's the point. But, then again, it's the experience of dating that will help you after you graduate.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#52 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-12-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eros View Post
But, then again, it's the experience of dating that will help you after you graduate.
This. Lacking that experience makes me question what's gonna happen when I finally do enter into a real relationship...although I guess I never dealt with high school ones since, well, teenage boys tend not to be the smartest, most mature creatures on the planet..I mean, they are human after all

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#53 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Question 07-18-2012, 04:43 PM

If you've read my previous comments, I think it's safe to say that this guy likes me. We've been talking to each other a lot and I've been thinking about making it official. First, let's start off with what put it in motion.

My little brother has been trying for months to guess who my crush is. I finally told him, but I also made him promise to not tell this guy. Lo' and behold not even a week after I tell him, he goes blabbin to my crush. I was really mad at my brother and sort of disappointed that he told him. But it turns out he likes me too!

Now to the present. We don't talk on the phone much, but we do text quite a lot. And we see each other every Sunday and Wednesday night. Last Sunday I got a text from him asking if he could talk to me after church on Wednesday. I'm pretty sure he's going to ask if we can become a official couple.

Okay, here is the trouble. I seriously like him and he likes me, but last time I got in a relationship NOTHING happened. We dated for about a month, but there was no holding hands, walking to class, movie dates, or romantic anything! The boy was my friend at first and I think dating just made everything awkward. After we broke it up he acted like a jerk. I'm just afraid it might happen again. Any advice?

(#54 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-18-2012, 07:04 PM

I was in one of those relationships in high school (mid-Grade 10). It lasted about a month as well and even though the guy had been in love with me since we met on the first day of high school, when we started "dating" he was too afraid to try anything. We had been super close friends, and he was going through a difficult time with family problems, and I foolishly mistook my caring friendly feelings for a crush. I realized almost right away that I didn't feel for him in that way, which is why I never made a move back. He ignored me after that, and I ended up murdering our friendship afterward by getting too friendly with his best friend. HUGE mistake, but it made me who I am today. Mistakes are learning experiences.

Maybe something like that factored in to your previous relationship (one not having feelings for the other)? You may as well give it a go anyway, since you both like each other. When my now-husband asked me out I was in love with someone else, but I gave him a chance anyway. Best risk I've ever taken because I realized he was way better than that other guy. <3

IN SUMMARY, you'll never know unless you try, and even if it doesn't work, people learn and grow from making mistakes. ^_^
(#55 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Default 07-20-2012, 07:54 PM

Thanks Haley for the advice!
Turns out he just wanted to tell me he liked me. WHAT THE CRAP, I ALREADY FREAKIN KNEW THAT!! Haha sorry. I was expecting him to ask away. I was so nervous when he was telling me though. When he came to church he was dressed in his pilots uniform. (He's in a flight academy) And my friends were pressuring me and in my face, and not to mention one of them was eating Funions. (Bad breath XD) I eventually went outside and talked to him!

(#56 (permalink))
Old
HimekoTaya (Offline)
Bonita

Rating: Not Rated
Default Geek love - 11-11-2013, 03:28 PM

I have a mega crush on one of my friends at a autistic summercamp
He is super cute and we have a whole lot in common
we're Both Otakus
We both watch Doctor who daily
We're both bronys
We're both autistic
and we're both mega geeks

But the problem is Im shy and don't know how to ask him out
But I know he has a crush on me too
He always sits right next too me
And once he even hugged me (That was the best day ever,even though it was improv)
But even in our group movie he was batman and I was poison ivy
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-11-2013, 03:56 PM

Just bring it up in a casual way, for example, ask him if he'd like to go for a coffee sometime. Don't come out with the I love yous right away cuz you'll scare him off. If he says yes to the coffee, then during that, you could ask him if he'd like to date.

I know how it is when you're on the autism spectrum; I have Aspergers and I sometimes find people difficult to read. But it looks as tho he's giving you plenty of signs that he likes you back.

(#58 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-18-2013, 12:26 AM

Not so much boy trouble (this isn't something I can actually solve) as a post of frustration. I met a really, really awesome guy at college who IS (significantly) taller than me, who appreciates all of the pop culture I do, who is there for me when I need to talk, who has taught me why baseball isn't nearly as boring as I thought it was, who plays guitar and (kinda) sings, who is so very, very smart, who is in my year (only a little under a month older than I am) and who is Catholic like me...and he wants to join the seminary. To become a priest. And they can't marry. And now I'm just so frustrated and sad. /complaint

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#59 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-18-2013, 11:13 PM

AWE. That sucks. =( I guess you'll have to just stay friends and hope he changes his mind.