Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Dating Come get advice on dating relationships here! Questions/Answers/Different Dating Topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
EYExLINER (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to EYExLINER
Default 08-05-2009, 06:54 AM

My dream prposal is to be in a romantic resturtant, and then my Boyfriend stands up shout out Loud "ALEX WILL U MARRY ME" Omg!!!! I will say Yes!Sure Marry you, Luff <3
XD
Lo0o0ol Weird I know xP
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Mathiea29 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-05-2009, 01:46 PM

My dream proposal would be on the beach, me and my girlfriend laying together watching the sunset in the late summer, and she looks over to me and says: "Leah, will you marry me? " Hopefully, same-sex marriage will be legal, cuz I do want to get married.

Back after a hiatus!
~Mathiea~
Touched upon the brow,
An angel child;
Fair and pure.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-22-2012, 10:46 PM

Haha well I'm not quite sure how my proposal would be.
But I read somewhere that a guy fried up some bacon and put it on a plate. He made the bacon to wear it formed a heart and put the ring in the middle. LOL XD I have an obsession with bacon, so it would be a humorous proposal!

(#34 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-23-2012, 12:25 AM

I have no idea what MY dream proposal would be, but I can share how my dad proposed to my mom (they just celebrated their 21st anniversary on September 21st):

They went to go see a movie together, and after it was over, my dad got down on one knee, pulled out a handbell and starting ringing it, and said "This is your wedding ring." After that, they went to a local jeweler to pick the real ring out. It's a gold cladaugh with an emerald in the middle (I don't know what the specific cut it) because that is my mom's (and incidentally, my dad's, whose birthday is one week after hers) birthstone. They had been dating for slightly less than a year. My mom was playing hard to get "in her head." Sure, Mom. Because that's how "playing hard to get" works He kept offering dates she didn't want to turn down. And it all happened because his car broke down and neither of them are smokers (my dad's boss's wife set them up on a blind date...third one for him. Just goes to show you the third time's the charm, right? )

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-23-2012, 08:10 AM

Haha this thread amuses me so much, cuz you don't need to have a gushy romantic proposal at all! XD My fiance proposed to me when he met me after work; no, he didn't go down on bended knee, just said in conversation, "Shall we get married?" I replied, "Sure," and that was that.

My ring's a family heirloom in the shape of a snake with four large emeralds and three small diamonds. It used to belong to my mum; she inherited it, but never wore it cuz she didn't like it. I did tho so she promised me that when I got engaged, it would be my ring.

Basically, as long as the two of you love each other, a proposal doesn't have to be all gushy and dramatic. Besides, I loathe being singled out in public, so I would have killed Fiance if he'd done it that way.

(#36 (permalink))
Old
Blondie (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Default 10-04-2012, 12:28 AM

I've thought about how id like my proposal to be, but id rather it be, random, and something thats important to both of us... im not really the romantic type anyhow....
The first is during winter, going for a walk to look at christmas lights, there is a hotel on a lake near by that does a bunch of lights out along the docks, that would be nice, while its snowing or whatever....
And also, somewhere up where i go camping, there are a few breath taking spots and camping is my most favorite thing to do...

the thing that is most important to me is that it is just us, i dont want something public, in the middle of a restaurant or with all our family watching from afar... just us, because its just about us, not anyone else.

As for my ring, i really love the princess cut in a kite setting, but i think i would love anything he picked, since he picked it.

As for my parents, my dad never proposed to my mom, one day after they had been dating for about 4 years, someone asked when they were gonna get married, and my dad said "oh, one of these days"... and it just went from there, my mom designed her own ring.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-09-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
the thing that is most important to me is that it is just us, i dont want something public, in the middle of a restaurant or with all our family watching from afar... just us, because its just about us, not anyone else.
Exactly my thoughts. I'm a private person and I'd have hated it if Fiance had done a public proposal.

(#38 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 06-07-2013, 11:08 AM

lol the way my fiance proposed to me was not as romantic as some of you are wanting yours to be. I was cleaning our bird cage out and wanting to play with my bird (named Olive) and when I was done cleaning all the poop in the cage there was some shiny thing with a note saying marry me sexy in Olive's toy that he likes to hump... Honestly it was cute,funny and very original. We are both weird people so I really liked how he proposed as it suites our sense of humor. Which is what brought us together in the first place.

(#39 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 06-09-2013, 01:29 AM

Something silly and funny. I mean, crap, he could probably just roll over in bed one morning, snuggle me, and mumble it in his adorable, sleepy morning voice, "Marry me now?" and I'd melt and say yes.

We've already discussed this though, and we probably will not be tying that knot for several years at least. But we're definitely decided on staying together for a long while yet.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#40 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Default 07-08-2013, 05:28 AM

I think for me, my dream proposal would be something sweet and personal. Something like us just sitting on the couch and he brings my cat over to me with the ring tied around her neck with some yarn or maybe he puts the ring in the book im wearing. I dunno something goofy and sweet.

But of course I need a guy for that first. And as for it being public or not, I don't really care because the only person I will be looking at is him.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3