Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Dating Come get advice on dating relationships here! Questions/Answers/Different Dating Topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 03-14-2009, 01:57 AM

Ten is too young to date my dear. I was only twelve years of age when I just started holding hands with a boy. We more so had a crush on one another , than actually being boyfriend and girlfriend. Honestly it is perfectly fine for you to like some one in that matter, but you are so young and have your life ahead of you to date as much as you like. Your feeligns at the age of ten are far different then when you are 14 and up. You expect a lot more and are more sure of yourself as a person and what you want in life.

Heck I am ninteen going on twenty and I still don't know what I want in the way of a "partner" aka boyfriend.. It would be great to have male friends at your age as an array of friends make your life soo much more interesting. See a boyfriend or girlfriend can be there for a while, but normally friends are there for longer or even forever. I mean I am not sure about laws in the country any of you are posting in as that is not what I am studying, but I know for a fact that a child age of ten no matter where in the world is not emotionally ready for that commitment. heck when I was ten I wasn't ready to do a two page essay due the next day.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 03-14-2009, 12:31 PM

That essay part made me giggle xD

Searching out male friends is definately an excellent idea. I've had one really steady male friend since I was 9 (him 11) and we became really close over the years. Well, later this year we celebrate 10 years of being friends--and a year of dating. Sometimes it is those close friends that you never thought you would be with that are the most loyal and reliable people you ever meet.

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 03-14-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-14-2009, 04:06 PM

I have tons of male friends; a lot of them I knew in primary school. Never did I ever call them my boyfs. They were my friends and we'd play football, climb trees, play conkers and chase girls with creepy crawlies together. XD Now we go out down the pub together; my boyf trusts me completely cuz he's met all of my male friends and knows that they're just that, friends.

(#34 (permalink))
Old
Eloise_Rigby_ (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-16-2009, 06:48 PM

Yes it is. you should wait untill your in 8th grade when the boys are getting less annoying.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 04-16-2009, 07:13 PM

I think my opinions on this have changed - to a 10 year old, dating means holding hands, flirting, and calling each other boyfriend and girlfriend. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Naturally, 10 year olds aren't going to have the opportunity to go on "dates" or have a meaningful relationship. So we have to realize that. I haven't had my first "relationship" yet but I've been kinda seeing this boy, but I remember when I was 10 all of my friends had "boyfriends" and held hands and stuff. So there's nothing wrong with it - "dating" changes from year to year. Even for me, dating is different than it was last year, or will be next year.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-16-2009, 07:25 PM

The thing is, it's NOT dating and never will be and it's pretty silly to call it that. It would be like saying that kissing is the same as having sex. Yes, you can have fun with your boy mates, but to say they are boyfs is like saying your girl mates are girlfs when you do pretty much the same things with them. Save the dating and relationships for high school at least, and stick to just enjoying your youth while you still can.

(#37 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-16-2009, 07:38 PM

The problem is, 10 year olds no longer think boyfriends are that. I have a freshly turned 12 year old brother and let me tell you that he hasn't thought of dating being that in many years. Having a childhood "boyfriend" is normal, all girls have them, the problem is telling a child that it is dating. I never thought of my childhood "boyfriend" as a boyfriend, I thought he was a special friend that happened to be a boy.Also, as a young pre-teen, I dated many guys. My experiences showed me that not only was I not mature enough to date, even fake date. I had a tendency to expect horribly unrealistic things and the fact that I was naive at that age led me into a lot of trouble, so much that I was nearly raped. That incident was my wake up call and I don't believe it would've happened if I was older and better informed about the truth of dating, which is impossible to understand at a young age. Also, may I say, that my thoughts on dating is have not radically changed since my youth. I still think its a way to find someone special. The difference is what I expect of my partner, not in what I believe dating is.

Children, in my opinion, should not be encouraged in their belief that they are dating because children are prone to imitating what they see in adult relationships. This can mean holding hands and the such, but it also can mean violence, fighting, unrealistic ideals, and even sex. Incidents like these are common with young children because they think they are being adults and, quite frankly, do not have the mental capacity that an adult has and can apply to dating. Adults can make realistic decisions about dating and sex, a child cannot and frequently falls into those problems. You can't say they aren't having sex, they are and younger and younger children are knowledgable about it. At 10, its "normal" to know what sex is as well as things like "blow jobs", information that I certainly don't remember having as a child.

Also, I don't think we can evaluate children dating in light of what we did, I think its very different. When I was a kid, sex wasn't plastered all over the TV. I still played with barbies instead of video games, made mud pies, and ran around outside. Kids today don't do this as much and are very different from the kids of years past. What we need to do is consider the information available to children today and determine if, with these heightened expectations to be sexual at a younger age, its appropriate for them to be encouraged in dating.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#38 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 04-16-2009, 08:32 PM

well of course it's not dating. But sadly, kids these days are so ahead of even how I was in say..5th grade. They know what se.x is, they know all of those things (at least most of my sister's friends. My sister is, luckily, not as knowledgable about that..), and they're kissing and "dating". But having a boyfriend at 10 is a different thing - it's cute and it makes you feel all grown up, which, at 10, is exactly what everyone wants. Plus, that's when everyone starts to realize that the opposite gender doesn't have cooties and all.

But no, it's not dating. Even as a freshman in highschool, I don't think the majority of my class is "dating". They might have boyfriends, they might kiss in the hallway, they might hold hands and go see a movie with friends, but we're still only 14/15. And there's more important things, I've come to realize. (:
(#39 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-17-2009, 08:44 PM

I'm sixteen, and I've gone on, like two dates. xD

I'm nervous, because I never know if I'm emotionally ready for a boyfriend. I like this guy now (and he likes me, as he's said) and he may ask me out. I will most likely say no, because I honestly have too much school and work to do. We'd never be able to go out, so I'd be fighting for a lost cause. If it's hard for me at sixteen, it won't be any easier at ten.

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
KaraKupkakex (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 2.60 Average
Send a message via MSN to KaraKupkakex
Default 04-17-2009, 10:18 PM

Its just like my 12 year old neighbor ,lol. She likes this guy and shes only grade 6 ,me and her are pretty good friends and since im older by 3 years she talks to me for advice ,I tell her if u want to do it thts fine but its not a Real relationship its only a little school crush.But of of cousre when ur young like tth u dont understand more fully,But there "dating" now . And of course sometimes he hangs with other girls. lol she doesnt like tht part ,but i told her if she wants a real relationship then she needs to let her bf have space and freedom and they dont need to be together 24/7.
Its kinda funny watching tht. lmao

Yoh