Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Dating (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/dating/)
-   -   Dating Myths and Information. (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/dating/14883-dating-myths-information.html)

catewilliams 07-12-2007 01:49 AM

Dating Myths and Information.

A lot of users here have never 'dated', and want to know a lot about information that just becomes repetitive.

For us older members, this can become a bit of a hassel. No, boys don't have cooties.. We don't want to post it in 19 different topics.

Just for starters, here's some dating myths and information I've collected.

~Ellie.

Myths:

The moment you start to actually date, you do not lose your virginity.

Yes, guys are very hormonal and do enjoy taking advantage of girls. But this doesn't mean every guy is going to jump and r@pe you. If you're under 15, chances any guy thinks more of cars, football and lunch than what their doing with chicks on friday night.

You are not dating when you are in 3rd grade. Here are some key terms:
Dating - Supporting another person through physical and emotional actions. A good example would be, your mom and dad dated before they married.
Boyfriend/Girlfriend - Going on dates, kissing, holding hands. 'Going out with someone.' A good example is 2 young teens in 6th grade who go to the cinema on fridays and sit with each other at lunch.
(This was a thread today, it made me think) You CAN get illness from kissing, making out or 'frenching'. Basically, when you share saliva (spit), you're giving someone else germs and so on. Illnesses thrive in these, since it's moist and well.. yucky! You can become ill with Mono (mononeucloisis), the common cold or a type of Herpes, which IS an STI. Generally in the form of cold sores, the virus can be dormant without cold sores, though.

Post more, I can't think of any.

Dating Information:

Yes, it IS a good idea to carry co*doms on you if you think you're at a high risk for se*ual activity. This way, you are prepared.

If a guy tells you he's 'too big' for a 'normal' co*dom, he's generally lying. A normal con can stretch 14 inches.

You don't have to commit when you enter highschool. You can still just be boyfriend and girlfriend without the emotional, sappy stuff.

There is no need to rush into a relationship- at all.

Unless the guy you like expresses DEEP interest in "The Notebook", he probably doesn't want to watch it twice with you- Try to go do something both of you enjoy. :]

Leaving your mates for a boyfriend/girlfriend is quite honestly, a very very very bad idea.

Dating can be, at one point or another, a big waste of time.

- - -
Post more or your opnions.
The end! :]

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 07-12-2007 08:44 AM

Age differences in high school and middle school rarely ever work out, especially across grades. Not only is there a major difference in maturity levels, but the people involved will have to deal with teasing from their peers as well as the lack of seeing each other.

For gifts, always go for something your guy is interested in(and no, sex is not a good answer). He's not going to be interested in decorative pillows girls, so try maybe a model car if he's into cars or even a game he's been wanting to play for ages. Not only does it show that you care, but it shows you know him well.

DarkaN 07-12-2007 10:00 PM

Wether or not it's going to work out "in the long run" my advice would be to go for it anyway, you'll need the experence later on in life. 98% of guys are total arses, trust me, i used to be one of the biggest arses when it comes to girls.

Any girls wondering if a guy likes you, here a a few tips, If you're quite young, like 12-16.

You can basicly put it into two groups. Confident, and not.

He'll probably tease you a lot. Act big infront of his friends, to impress you. And act very cocky and tease you. Thats if he's a confident person.

If he's shy, he'll stare at you, but when you notice, he'll look away. He won't be able to keep eye contact with you for long periods of time. He's probably you're "best mate" as most shy guys end up becoming you're "best mate" because they don't have the confidence to go for it.

The confident guys, are mostly the guys that will mess you around. Where as the shy guys wont.

Yet, it's always the confident guys who get the girls >.<.

I feel sorry for all the nice guys out there. =/

/Darky ^^

catewilliams 07-12-2007 10:06 PM

I find that it isn't always true.

Shy guy can get girls, it's just that some girls ARE NOT MENT FOR THE SHY GUYS.

I can't stress that enough.

I dislike cocky, confident guys who think their the sh*t.
No, they are not.

DarkaN 07-12-2007 10:10 PM

There are exceptions with every rule, But what i've posted there is just basic rules of attraction.

It's not that girls like cocky idiots. It's just that they have very attractive qualitys about them.

I.E. confidence, being a challange, not suplicating, being funny, ect.

catewilliams 07-13-2007 01:20 AM

Right on, I agree.

There's a reason their cocky, I don't think guys will do it if they know they have no reason.

Danica_Shardae 07-18-2007 08:03 PM

Hmm....my bf---erm--lover person is kind of cocky sometimes, but he's usually the sweetest thing that's ever walked the planet. I've been in only a few relationships with other boys and have had a few crushes, but it's enough to know that I'm probably going to spend the rest of my life with him. ^ ^

NotYourPrincess 07-19-2007 11:09 AM

I wouldn't count on it.

For one: Your only 15, and teenage girls have a habit of getting sick of someone, even if it is long distance.

If I were you, I would count on the relationship lasting and just go ahead and plan out YOUR future without him. And if you do end up marrying him, that's all the better, because you'll be able to support yourself.

You should be able to support yourself before you even considering getting engaged to a guy.

catewilliams 07-19-2007 01:54 PM

Listen to her NotYourPrincess, she's very correct.

I love my boyfriend dearly, at least I feel like I do, but I could never MARRY him. That's a bit much for such a young age.

noirmali 07-19-2007 05:46 PM

I agree with everything said above.
DO. NOT. REVOLVE. AROUND. THE. BOY.
Period.
Thank you.
xD
Because if you do then they'll just take advantage of you *like said earlier* and some really bad things may happen to you.
And if you don't listen and your heart gets broken, well, that's painful beyond imagine.
So, please...
Don't go obsessed with a boy...
But don't two-time, either.
Now that's just mean ;O
That's right; don't give them decorative pillows xD
I'd want a shyish boy that was smart, but that's just me ^-^
They don't seem to hurt us that much ;O