Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Dating Come get advice on dating relationships here! Questions/Answers/Different Dating Topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#251 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 04-21-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimeFirestar View Post
sarah, it's only sinful and wrongful when it's before marriage, or with someone other than your spouse, or for fun.
That's what i think.
It's not a thing for pleasure, that's misusing it. it was given to us by whatever god, goddess or gods/goddessess you have, and you only have one life(my religion) and one body(still my religion) and you ruin it by doing it as if it's nobody's buisness(which it is, but you get my point right?)
ever heard the saying what goes around comes around?
All my view, okay?
I disagree and I find your opinions limiting, your attitude judgemental and your tone condescending. I also dislike how you state your opinions as fact, even with the 'all my view' disclaimer.

I personally do not believe that sex is wrong or sinful, be it before or after marriage. I do think it's sad when two people who care about each other have sex, because personally I think it is a very intimate thing, but I just don't think that having sex because it feels good or before marriage is a sin.

After all, what about homosexual people? They're not allowed to get married and they can't have children. Should they refused the right to be intimate with their loved one because, despite being 'married in spirit' they're not legally recognised?

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#252 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 04-21-2010, 10:03 PM

Not to "add fuel to the fire", but this is a really touchy subject for me. I'll add a thread about sexual education and misconceptions of sex in a minute - after posting.

Sex is intimacy. It's like kissing, hugging, whatever. Granted it's not something to be taken as lightly as those things, but it's still an intimate action. It's used to show love. If you can't have sex before marriage, and you need a purpose to have it, why kiss? Why hug? Those show affection too, but those are allowed for pleasure purposes.

Sex is way too taboo in our culture - especially here in North America, specifically. It's a natural thing. In some places in Europe, Asia, and South America, they're so much more lenient about that kind of thing. Sex for pleasure, out of wedlock, does not make you a bad person. That's not how I see it.

Now, let's try and get back on topic, 'k? :P

Virginity is a big thing. Don't lose it too early. Just make sure you're safe, and you're emotionally ready.

EDIT: Can't think of a title without the word "sex" in it. Don't want to be too forward. xD

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 04-21-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#253 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-05-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimeFirestar View Post
sarah, it's only sinful and wrongful when it's before marriage, or with someone other than your spouse, or for fun.
That's what i think.
It's not a thing for pleasure, that's misusing it. it was given to us by whatever god, goddess or gods/goddessess you have, and you only have one life(my religion) and one body(still my religion) and you ruin it by doing it as if it's nobody's buisness(which it is, but you get my point right?)
ever heard the saying what goes around comes around?
All my view, okay?
Sorry, but your view is warped. I'm with my boyf, who I have been with for nearly nine years (longer than a lot of marriages) and yes, we sleep together. We love each other, and we might one day get married, but why should people wait til they get married before they show their love physically? I agree with Hayley and Sarah. Sex is an intimate thing to do, and it's a way for two people to express their love for each other. Also, being an atheist, I don't believe in any god; even if I did, I would not think that a loving god would want to punish people for using the gifts that he gave them.

(#254 (permalink))
Old
xxclairecatxx (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 05-05-2010, 06:08 PM

I think that you should have sex with someone when you are sure you will be with someone forever. I believe that sex is for marriage, because if you ever get pregnant, it wouldn't be a big deal. If you got pregnant as a teen it would suck because of school and life as a teenager. I'm proud to be a virgin, and I love hearing all these people being virgins. im not saying your wrong if you are not a virgin, its just what I believe. I don't believe people should talk about their religion in this because everyone has different religious beliefs and obviously it could cause arguments and stuff. All I will say is i am a christian and i will stick with my beliefs. You all can stick with yours too. I don't control your life, you do, so live life how you want to live it.

siggy by:
andjelija
(#255 (permalink))
Old
jellydino (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 1 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 05-27-2010, 08:20 PM

I'm keeping it for a boy that I have been with for ages. Like 5+ years. Not giving it away loosely.

I, make dollz.
(#256 (permalink))
Old
D3SP0 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Default 07-26-2011, 05:04 PM

15, and not going to until I am married. I don't want to risk pregnancy or STD's as a teen. I know there are condoms and birth control but those are not 100% safe. If the condom breaks, or the birth control fails, you're *****ed.
If you've already had sex, what will you do on your honey moon?

Signature by: Lucifrette
Click Here for a doll
(#257 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 07-26-2011, 10:31 PM

No offense, despo, but sex doesn't lose its spice once you've had it once. If anything, it gets better with time and clear communication about your needs. You'll find as you get older and have longer relationships that while early on a relationship is filled with the physical, as you go on sex isn't everything and when you have it, it tends to be a whole lot better than in the beginning when you too where fumbling around without any clear idea of what you want.

So, to answer you're question about honeymoons, yes, I'd have sex, but I'd also simply enjoy my hubby's company (pretty much what we do now, being married wouldn't change our relationship or the novelty of sex). Its exhausting, there is absolutely no way I'd want to do it 24/7.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#258 (permalink))
Old
D3SP0 (Offline)
Silent

Default 07-29-2011, 01:28 AM

That's not what I meant... I meant that it just wouldn't be as special if you didn't save it till your honeymoon.

Signature by: Lucifrette
Click Here for a doll
(#259 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-31-2011, 10:30 AM

There speaks the voice of inexperience. No offence, but that's just your opinion, based on your own personal belief. Nothing wrong with that, but it really does just apply to you, not to every single person like your statement seems to apply.

I'm not married to my fiance yet, but we will eventually tie the knot. However, there was no way that I was going to be waiting for ten years (the amount of time we've been together) and more, til we slept together. When we first met, we waited six months before we slept together, cuz I wanted the first time to be special. And it was. But it's no less special to be together, now that we've been together for so long. We're still in love, and now that love is stronger due to the length of our relationship.

I don't see how sex can be any more special between two people who are married, compared to two people who are together and who love each other, but are not married. Marriage, when it comes down to it, is really just a piece of paper; without love between the two people, marriage is meaningless.

(#260 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-31-2011, 08:06 PM

Miranda, have you by chance ever read Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy? Everything about it is about marriage being an awful thing that ruins loving relationships...the author really didn't like marriage, particularly the way it was in the (I think) 19th century.

Anyway, I'm mostly clinging to my virginity because number one, I've yet to be in any form of a serious relationship, and number two, I'm Catholic, so it's just kind of a thing, I guess. Mostly the first one. I do think waiting until marriage is a bit romanticized though...haha I'm pretty sure the reason my dad waited was because my mom was literally the first girl he ever dated, and they got engaged within a year, but were both out of college when they met, so it wasn't weird that things went quickly for them. A year and 9 months later, I showed up. Haha, when my mom broke to news that she was pregnant with me to my Grammie, her response was "No you're not! You were gonna wait!" lol so much for that xD

Av/Sig set: Lovie