Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Dating Come get advice on dating relationships here! Questions/Answers/Different Dating Topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#241 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 04-18-2010, 10:03 PM

Sex isn't evil at all, and I'm Christian, that's just a stereotype. Sex just isn't supposed to be taken lightly.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#242 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 04-18-2010, 10:10 PM

I'm not saying all Christians believe that, I'm talking more about what's being taught in sex-ed in school. Kind of like how the Republicans in the last American election (John McCain, Sarah Palin) wanted to change sex-ed from learning about condoms to strictly teaching abstinence. That would be stupid. It obviously didn't work on Sarah Palin's daughter. Even though they didn't win, a lot of kids are still learning abstinence only. Sure, sex shouldn't be taken lightly, that's true, but it's not the most terrible thing in the world either. As long as you love the person, you're ready, and you're safe, it's not going to kill you. >.>

End rant. XD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#243 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-19-2010, 04:44 PM

True, but there are a few studies that show that classes with emphasis on abstinence works better on teens. Now, I'm not saying that they should try to keep the kids naive, but I am pointing out that encouraging abstinence in classrooms works; most teenagers don't really know what love is, and give themselves up to be accepted by their partner, or go out and have sex because they want to impress their peers. (They certainly do at my H.S.)

(#244 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 04-19-2010, 05:18 PM

I've actually heard the exact opposite, that abstinence alone doesn't work and what's more, it encourages damaging opinions about sex being sinful and wrong, which leads to low self esteem and 'sl*t-shaming'.

I'd say that's because when abstinence alone is taught it's usually done because of over-religious people pushing their own ideas on everyone else, and those ideas are usually bigoted, priviliged and blind.

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud
(#245 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-19-2010, 05:33 PM

I didn't say abstinence alone, I said that the teacher teaches prevention, but enourages absitnence while in high school; our school currently teaches prevention, but I don't think anyone listens; I think we had 27 pregnancies my freshman year alone, and in one class alone.

Well, I must say that i'm glad to be leaving my high school; good riddance; they seem to get faker and faker each year, and there's less support for anything extra curricular for anything but sports. While there's nothing wrong with sports, they shouldn't be the only focus of a school, especially when said school's temas generall suck. -.-

But I digress; I was just reporting a study I read that was talking about abstinence taught along-side prevention; it's not taught as a sin, just that it's best to wait untl you're older and your hormones settle some.

(#246 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-19-2010, 08:37 PM

Sex ed discussions would be a better thing to debate elsewhere, guys I'd suggest making a thread since I think this could be an interesting discussion as to what should be done and what is wrong with the current system. Its relevant to our age since pregnancy is such a big issue. So, debate away elsewhere! Here is for discussion of the first time.

Continuing my nonvirgin status. Obviously, I'm not about to gain it back suddenly.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#247 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-19-2010, 08:46 PM

I don't intend to have sexual intercourse(hehe science term!) before I'm married. I don't particularly care to have it before then...I still think boys are icky >.< But that's just me. I'm sure it does feel good (o.O) but I think I'll wait for something that intimate when I've found "the one" (gosh it sounds like a disney movie -_-)

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#248 (permalink))
Old
HimeFirestar (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-20-2010, 09:09 PM

sarah, it's only sinful and wrongful when it's before marriage, or with someone other than your spouse, or for fun.
That's what i think.
It's not a thing for pleasure, that's misusing it. it was given to us by whatever god, goddess or gods/goddessess you have, and you only have one life(my religion) and one body(still my religion) and you ruin it by doing it as if it's nobody's buisness(which it is, but you get my point right?)
ever heard the saying what goes around comes around?
All my view, okay?

"I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested."
"'Where's the ring?' 'You mean this ring? Anyone could have taken it. Proof? I did. Bazinga!'"
"Common complaint in men; nothing's ever big enough. Then they get a tumor and you never hear the end of it."
- All from The Big Bang Theory
(#249 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-20-2010, 11:16 PM

Hime, my religious views have no restraints on sexuality and embraces it as a normal part of life, as do many other religions. Its considered incredibly beautiful, which is why it has been a part of fertility rituals for all of time. There is no reason to feel shame about something which is natural. After all, if God didn't want you to enjoy it, he wouldn't have given you the ability to gain pleasure from it. No one here is to attack your views or your religion, especially when it is respectable to choose to not have sex, but you seem to be very taken in by this concept that sex is evil when it is a natural process. The Bible should not be taken at face value for everything it says--it thinks rape is perfectly acceptable and the victim's fault, a despicable stance--and sex especially was a tainted subject in it that was very driven by feelings at the time that sex was evil and taboo because it was accepted in Pagan religions. There is no reason to be ashamed of your body.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#250 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 04-21-2010, 05:08 AM

Just because you think all sex should be mindless humping for the purpose of baby-making doesn't give you the right to hate people who do it for enjoyment. What about people who are infertile, or homosexual? Should they remain celibate for life because they have no chance of producing offspring through sex?