Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Cool Videos (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/cool-videos/)
-   -   Old Video Yes, But Needs To Be Seen (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/cool-videos/23151-old-video-yes-but-needs-seen.html)

naruto_fan 03-26-2012 02:45 PM

Old Video Yes, But Needs To Be Seen

Kids React to K-pop - YouTube

This is just sad. Most of these kids are 10 and up, it's time they started learning better or they are gonna get a wooping if they don't learn better. And William.... learn your place because you are the worse out of all of them

Catlover642 03-26-2012 09:09 PM

I don't see anything that was particularly alarming; yes, some of the comments were ignorant but they are kids after all. The fact that they would want to listen to something in their own language might be offensive, but it is not really racist or anything like that. Some people may want to understand the lyrics that are being sung, and they can easily listen to the English version. Also, the video was wasn't entirely negative because some kids complimented the dancing and quality of the music videos. However, I don't listen to K-Pop, so my opinion may be altered by that.

LancasterPrincess 03-27-2012 12:21 AM

I for one am completely appaulled, but then, not the least bit surprised. Kids of today are usually so rude and immature. Aren't they from America? The land of the Cultural Melting Pot?! Weren't they brought up with the least amount of tolerance or open-mindedness??

This video has severely irritated me.

Newsflash to the kid wanting to be born in the 80's, I was, and kids of my generation have a very LARGE and OPEN mind when it comes to music. You apparently do not fit into my generation.

And to the girl who'd rather be poor/starving/jobless than work for a living, regaurdless of the occupation, I hope you get your dream. I've got some cardboard boxes you can use for a home.

Just rude. Just immature, rude, and no imagination or tolerance at all.

*Edit: Kudos to the kids who were decent people. Just because someone does something different than you, doesn't make it wrong. So these kids grew up and had jobs they worked hard for, work for a corporation, so what? I applaud their sense of discipline if not their creativity. Btw, it's no different that a modeling agency who finds the next superstar on the streets. Did you know some actors/actresses were picked up, not trying at all, and that's how their fame came to be? These kids were given an enormous chance to be something huge, it's beyond ignorant to turn that down. Look up Ashton Kutcher's beginnings. Seriously.

naruto_fan 03-27-2012 01:04 AM

^ THANK YOU!

Kids today are just... Even though I am considered a kid by many and even I consider myself a kid now even though most 16 years don't. Me liking K-pop, does not go well with former public school classmates, and this was their reaction as well.

As one K-pop idol said:
"You don't need to understand the language to enjoy the music."

Catlover642 03-27-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LancasterPrincess (Post 958060)

And to the girl who'd rather be poor/starving/jobless than work for a living, regaurdless of the occupation, I hope you get your dream. I've got some cardboard boxes you can use for a home.

That was never stated in the video. The girl said that she would rather be a hobo than be trained to be a popstar like the K-Pop bands. While I don't agree with her, she wasn't saying that she would rather be on thes streets than work for a living. She was simply stating that she didn't want to make a living in that way.

Maybe the way the kids viewed the training the way they did because of how they were taught about it. I didn't really think that the makers of the video described it very well; they described it like the singers were giving their souls, which I really don't think has happened.

naruto_fan 03-27-2012 09:11 PM

Thats what a hobo is. Jobless and homeless.

And yes, in certain Korean entertainment compaines, they basicly do give their souls. In one called SM Entertainment, which is the worse and have bad rumors on their backs, they get no breaks until they are finished promoting the song. But SME makes great music and groups with wonderful talent, so I get what Athena was saying, but come on, I'd rather have money and friends to hold you up than nothing.

Catlover642 03-27-2012 09:18 PM

I don't agree with her but I think she viewed it as if it was the last thing on Earth that she could ever do to make a living.

The only thing that really bothered me was William. I just don't get why he said our generation sucks or something like that; it makes him sound slightly racist, as the only thing seperating K-Pop from American bands is the fact that they speak a different language.

naruto_fan 03-27-2012 09:29 PM

I totally hate William... But the thing I don't get, when an Asian group makes a song in English, it's taboo but when someone like One Direction comes to the U.S it's amazing. :/

LancasterPrincess 03-27-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catlover642 (Post 958101)
That was never stated in the video. The girl said that she would rather be a hobo than be trained to be a popstar like the K-Pop bands. While I don't agree with her, she wasn't saying that she would rather be on thes streets than work for a living. She was simply stating that she didn't want to make a living in that way.

Hang on Cat, I think you're missing the point. She was saying if she had the two choices of being a hobo or a recruited music star, she'd rather choose hobo. I never meant that was her actual dream. If those were MY only two choices I'd be smart and choose to be a trained music star. I would not rather be a hobo.

And lets be honest, if someone walked up to you and said, YOU COULD BE THE NEXT SUPERSTAR, would you seriously turn your nose up at it? Maybe decline if it's not your thing, but if someone thought you had what it took, why not give it a try? Modeling agencies do this ALL THE TIME, they walk up to complete strangers and say that they have the look their looking for. There's nothing wrong with earing a living with the fortunes you were born with.

Miranda_ 03-28-2012 06:17 AM

What bugs me about this video is the way that the kids are acting as tho K-Pop is the only music genre that has lyrics in another language. I think that Rammstein would have something to say about that. They are a German band and their lyrics are all in German, yet they have tons of fans from all over the world.

Plus, I could take the concept and spin it on its head; there are Japanese fans of American and British bands, who to them are singing in a foreign language.