Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Comments & Suggestions (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/comments-suggestions/)
-   -   Why is this site so dead? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/comments-suggestions/22695-why-site-so-dead.html)

xxMeggieMaggot 11-11-2010 01:14 AM

Why is this site so dead?

Maybe its just me, but like, NO ONE except for the main dudes are on this site anymore.
It used to be so busy and full of life but now its dead...

What happened?
Is this site so 3 years ago or what??

Elanorea 11-11-2010 02:29 AM

The owner's been inactive for years, so there's been no new content on the mainsite and there's loads of bugs everywhere that aren't getting fixed. As you can guess, that tends to drive people off.

Miranda_ 11-11-2010 06:45 AM

If more people posted topics it would help; if only a little. Not a lot we can do about that; we can hardly hold guns to people's heads and force them to post.

xxMeggieMaggot 11-11-2010 11:33 PM

Oh okay. Well thanks for answering.

AaronShadows 11-27-2010 05:05 AM

Perhaps it's time for a new site, then. Not just new forums; an entire new site devoted to both maker and handdrawn dolling.

Some of the trouble is that I don't know what to post; we've covered so much discussion in the existence of the forums that I'm not sure what would and wouldn't be gravedigging.

Miranda_ 11-27-2010 10:12 AM

We tried that, with Dollsters remember?

It would help a great deal if everyone when they came on would reply to several threads and post at least one new thread. If the site looks more busy, then perhaps other people will feel more inclined to post.

Aussiemum777 12-16-2010 12:07 AM

I agree with Aaron, a new site entirely devoted to dollmaking is an excellent idea, there are quite a few succesful ones around that have many members, I would be willing to back one up with money if anyone has any idea of what sort of costs are involved.
I have been wanting to start my own website for a while now, Any ideas anybody?

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 12-16-2010 01:07 AM

I have been looking for help with the Dollsters dollmaker. I haven't been able to dedicate my time to it recently and the sooner its out, then we can actually establish a real center to grow from. I was thinking opening with a site-themed maker, although I have mostly basic pieces sitting around half-done.

I have a free site up already(money is an after thought and not something I want anyone to dish out until we have some established work and traffic going), it just isn't finished because its overwhelming for me. I think we could get some competition running if we put out a dollmaker every two-three months, theoretically. Also, our non-premium access can be really appealing when every other site has pay sections these days.

A lot of activity problems could be solved with completed dollmaker that can be advertised and I really would like to tout our work together as a community.

gamerbe1517 12-16-2010 06:06 AM

Hmmm, So no one can get in contact with Jessica huh? Funny how she's unreachable and unable to update the site but she can still update her silly little gossip column. That, of course is not a snide remark about the people behind Dollsters I think what you guys are trying to do is great. I think it's jsut funny how people buying a premi account and gossip is all Jess cares about. It would have been better had she told us why the site started dying out and even better so if she asked for help with it, but no, she just keeps gossiping like no one's noticed anything wrong. That right there is what's got me peeved. Of course I knew something was wrong when I still had my premi account a year after it expired. Oh, well, I just really want to know will Dollsters have the makers like goth and V-day? Because I really liked those, It'd be a shame to see them gone. I have been a member of this site for a long time, and now I can barely stand it. If you need any help with Dollsters let me know (besides money wise because I'm dirt poor) I'd love to help I don't much about coding and such but I'm a fast learner.

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 12-16-2010 12:11 PM

Thank you for the offer of help! Our intentions are to have a wide variety of dollmakers, so there would eventually be a goth and v-day one using the Unique/Shuni bases. I would like to eventually get some makers that are completely ours, including a handdrawn base, but that's ambitious right now for a fledgling site.

If anyone is interested in helping me with Dollsters, send me a PM and I can tell you what things I need help with.