Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Comments & Suggestions Your experience with The Doll Palace and any questions you may have about the site.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default Graphic Contest - 02-09-2010, 08:59 PM

I'm not much of a handdrawner or a doll maker person but I do like to make graphic type things. If enough people are interested, could we have a graphic type contest?

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 02-10-2010, 02:17 PM

I'd like this. Granted, I'm not sure how many people are interested in making other graphics(seems like its an old hobby these days making icons and the such).

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 02-10-2010, 02:31 PM

I would like something like this (like I really need another contest to aspire to enter xD) I do have a question though, will animation be allowed? You might get more entries if it is allowed, it would give some of the shop owners an outlet for competiveness since many of them do those types of animatins with text and stuff. Though I don't know if that's something they'd like or not?

In any case I think it's a cute idea with or without animation.

To be honest, when I first saw this thread I had thought you meant props, like make a throne or monkey or whatever. Silly me, it quite clearly says that you do not hand draw often. Dur.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 02-10-2010, 03:25 PM

Well, I suppose it'd fall under the Misc contests category at Dollsters.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-10-2010, 08:21 PM

The problem with allowing animations is that it creates an unequal playing field; not everyone can animate, or has programmes like PSP and Animation Shop. Perhaps two contests, running alongside; one for animated, one for still? That way, everyone gets a chance to enter and it's perfectly fair.

I like to make graphics like avatars and sigs; I try to make all my own on forums.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: Not Rated
Default 02-11-2010, 01:27 AM

I use iaza.com for my animation, mainly because its simple to use and free. I don't pay for mine. We might also want to list some sites that do animate for those who do want to animate their graphics.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#7 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 05-26-2010, 06:35 PM

I really do like this idea. Are we going to act on it? It seems that banner and blend shops are "in" right now is all.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
tinker_bell_96 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-26-2010, 07:17 PM

i agree with lovie and if we do act upon this count me in bc i am always making banners and avi's and siggy's for the members of The_Contestants club and i think it would be fun to make banners,avi's and siggy's for a contest

Avi by Lovie
Sig by Lovie
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-26-2010, 07:52 PM

I'm not sure where such a contest would go tho; maybe in Doll Creation? I know it's not dolls, but we don't have a graphic forum on here.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
tinker_bell_96 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-26-2010, 08:04 PM

yea it would be hard to decide where to put it but it will be uber fun lol

Avi by Lovie
Sig by Lovie
Closed Thread