Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Comments & Suggestions (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/comments-suggestions/)
-   -   Graphic Contest (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/comments-suggestions/22081-graphic-contest.html)

LadyBast0911 02-09-2010 07:59 PM

Graphic Contest

I'm not much of a handdrawner or a doll maker person but I do like to make graphic type things. If enough people are interested, could we have a graphic type contest?

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 02-10-2010 01:17 PM

I'd like this. Granted, I'm not sure how many people are interested in making other graphics(seems like its an old hobby these days making icons and the such).

LancasterPrincess 02-10-2010 01:31 PM

I would like something like this (like I really need another contest to aspire to enter xD) I do have a question though, will animation be allowed? You might get more entries if it is allowed, it would give some of the shop owners an outlet for competiveness since many of them do those types of animatins with text and stuff. Though I don't know if that's something they'd like or not?

In any case I think it's a cute idea with or without animation.

To be honest, when I first saw this thread I had thought you meant props, like make a throne or monkey or whatever. Silly me, it quite clearly says that you do not hand draw often. Dur.

Elanorea 02-10-2010 02:25 PM

Well, I suppose it'd fall under the Misc contests category at Dollsters.

Miranda_ 02-10-2010 07:21 PM

The problem with allowing animations is that it creates an unequal playing field; not everyone can animate, or has programmes like PSP and Animation Shop. Perhaps two contests, running alongside; one for animated, one for still? That way, everyone gets a chance to enter and it's perfectly fair.

I like to make graphics like avatars and sigs; I try to make all my own on forums.

LadyBast0911 02-11-2010 12:27 AM

I use iaza.com for my animation, mainly because its simple to use and free. I don't pay for mine. We might also want to list some sites that do animate for those who do want to animate their graphics.

LancasterPrincess 05-26-2010 05:35 PM

I really do like this idea. Are we going to act on it? It seems that banner and blend shops are "in" right now is all.

tinker_bell_96 05-26-2010 06:17 PM

i agree with lovie and if we do act upon this count me in bc i am always making banners and avi's and siggy's for the members of The_Contestants club and i think it would be fun to make banners,avi's and siggy's for a contest

Miranda_ 05-26-2010 06:52 PM

I'm not sure where such a contest would go tho; maybe in Doll Creation? I know it's not dolls, but we don't have a graphic forum on here.

tinker_bell_96 05-26-2010 07:04 PM

yea it would be hard to decide where to put it but it will be uber fun lol