Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Comments & Suggestions Your experience with The Doll Palace and any questions you may have about the site.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Always_And_Forever_MeGeek (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Smile Idea to Welcome New Members - 01-04-2010, 11:24 AM

Well SS only is once a year.And I say we should set up a groupthat could do this for New members.Like exsample: (insert name here) just joined someone(s) could signup to make her a avi and siggy dolls.I think this would be a good thing to help out new members and show we care.

image: from google
edit: by me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-04-2010, 11:29 AM

It's a nice idea, but a bit impractical. For one thing, a lot of people who sign up don't stick around for long, or just use the site for say, contests and don't go on forums at all. Also, making dolls takes a lot of time and effort, so it would be difficult to find enough time to do so. Finally, we have the Requests forum so if a newbie wanted a doll for their signature or avatar, all they have to do is go there and request it. The Greeters are there to help newbies find their feet around the forum, and all newbies have to do is ask one of them for help.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 01-06-2010, 04:51 PM

I think it could be a good idea, with some tweaking. I know we do it on another forum with the items there to encourage new members to stay and to help them feel welcome. The question would be how would we determine which users will stay more than 30 seconds and who would make these dolls? It would have to be a community effort, maybe shop owners might find the idea enticing? They would, of course, be under control of our Greeters, who are in charge of all things new members.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
KiraIMustBeInvisible (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-07-2010, 10:21 PM

I think that sounds extremely fun But as Miranda_ already mentioned, it takes a lot of time to make animated dolls. Maybe instead of animating them we could make them a super cool premium doll or a little graphic? I think it would be much quicker and easier....

"Are you my mummy?" "Don't blink." "Count the shadows." "Look behind you."
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-08-2010, 02:26 PM

Maybe after a certain number of posts? Of course, they would have to be proper posts and not spam.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 01-08-2010, 02:44 PM

This sounds like a nice community idea. But the user would have to report themselves because some may slip through the cracks when they reach a sufficient post if the Mods have to watch who has how many posts.

We could have a thread to go to to celebrate becoming a ...what's the user title after Bonita? Silent? Anways, once they reach that level they go to the thread and anounce themselves fully initiated.

I think there should be requirements though, like they must have started a Newbies thread, for one. They must have aquired the post title fairly by the use of Non-spam postings and have been a decent member.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: Not Rated
Default 01-08-2010, 03:09 PM

I think it would be an awesome idea. We could set up an account so that the people who make the dolls can send it to that account and then the greeters could send off saying:

Welcome member365,
member567 made this for you as a welcome gift. Hope you are having a great time here at the TDP Forums and continue to stay here. Again here is your gift made by member567.

TDP Greeter Name

I totally just made that up off the top of my head, so I know it stinks. xD Anywho, all the greeters would have the account name and password so we could each pitch in and help give the presents out.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#8 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 01-08-2010, 04:08 PM

If this idea does go through the Staff might need to create an Account (Much like the Santa Account) to run it smoothly without confusion. The password would be for the Staff, you need not worry about it, lol.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: Not Rated
Default 01-08-2010, 05:20 PM

It should not be too terribly hard. The only thing we would have to look for is the post count. Does anybody know when they change? I don't know the order of which they go either. Sorry.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-08-2010, 05:32 PM

There should also be the option of anonymously donating a gift. If the recipient wants to thank the giver, they can send the message through that account, and whoever is on the account at that time can forward the message to the giver.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Closed Thread