Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Comments & Suggestions Your experience with The Doll Palace and any questions you may have about the site.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 01-08-2010, 06:37 PM

I agree with that as well. And in that case we could just that "one of our friendly community neighbors has decided to donate this lovely {insert what the gift is} to the newest member of our community. Hope you enjoy this wonderful gift!"

We can also make a thread saying which newbies' are ready to receive a gift. Anyone who wants to give a gift can simply send a PM to the account we set up saying who they would like to give the gift to and then make it. We could then bold the names that are taken.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 01-08-2010, 11:46 PM

I'm glad to have come back to see this idea being discussed more

I agree there should be requirements. We'll have to check with Miranda what the post count ranks are(I forget-I think the first might be reached at 25), but having reached the minimum rank and posted a newbie thread sounds reasonable. This way, those who posted the thread are easy to monitor. In fact, it allows a thread to be made to "track" these new members' progress. Each time a new member makes a thread, they can be notified through a profile comment or PM that they were added to the new member list, this way they know we are aware of them and it might encourage them to stay a bit.

This could also fit into my mentoring concept, helping to identify people who may need help being new to forums or those who are having difficulty. This was more of a staff project, but new members could be assigned or request a forum mentor who will help them with issues, questions, concerns, and also provide a friendship to them which will help them become integrated into the forum. Its in the works(I've seen it on GLAM! for dolling, never quite as an actual forum posting business, though I think The Gathering had something like it at one point) and rough.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-09-2010, 07:27 AM

Bonita is the first rank, followed by Silent. That is reached at 25 posts.

(#14 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-19-2010, 10:16 PM

Ok, so then when someone reaches 25 posts, we put there name up for gifting. What we can also do is have them give us a couple things they like (3-4) and then people can go off that.

EDIT:

Is it the same with Dollsters. Like, post wise. They change at 25 posts or what is that like?

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-19-2010, 10:40 PM

I just double checked and it wasn't, but I just moved it up five posts, so now the second rank on both is 25 posts.

Who will control the gifting account? What should it be called?

I suggest Greeters(with mods having the password as well, which would be generic) and think it should be called something like "WelcomeNewbies". No one create any account for this please until we finish discussing the idea. This account would need to post a thread, discussing the requirements for getting the forum welcoming gift(posting a newbie thread, reaching 25 posts/second rank). The second someone posts an introduction thread, they would need to be PMed by the account to let them know they have been added to the gifting list and, if they stick around, they can expect a welcoming present from the members.

A bit rough in concept, but I imagine it would run like "Mod of the Month".

(#16 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 01-19-2010, 11:12 PM

I think we should have two lists. A "giftee" list, which are the newbies and a "gifter" list, which would be people we could contact to let them know that people have been added and what not.

My question is how are we going to keep track of who is getting up to 25 posts and who isn't?

<3
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-19-2010, 11:22 PM

Hm, maybe keeps links to their profiles on the list? This way a check can be done every once in awhile to see if they have been posting or even online since posting their welcome thread. This way too we can remove names of folks who don't seem to be coming back, though usually a welcome thread is a good first step.

Closed Thread