Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Comments & Suggestions Your experience with The Doll Palace and any questions you may have about the site.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default Club Page "Talks" Section - 08-24-2009, 03:02 AM

I have a question about Clubs. I am the creator of The_Contestants Club and only very recently found out the "Talks" was available. (I'd clicked on it before and it didn't work) Anywho, I was wondering if that makes me "moderator" of that Talks section of my Club? I can delete topics, and it lets me go into "moderator mode" so I was just wondering.

Also, since I've only just discovered it, what are it's capabilities? I mean who can access it (only my members or everyone?) Can those people also submit topics? I guess I'm just looking for an overview because after discovering it works I realize how conveniant it can be since there can now be topics instead of just pages upon pages of comments.

Please and thank you! And the more detail the better!

P.s. I didn't know where to put this, but I hope here is okay?

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-24-2009, 07:45 AM

Talks is basically just like having your own little forum; only your members can see it. (Well, as far as I know, only the members do.) Yes, you are a moderator of it; you can also appoint other mods of it, I think, since you're the club owner? Anyway, if you're not used to moderator powers, make a few test threads to practice closing, moving, etc.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 08-24-2009, 01:19 PM

Thank you! Also one of my members is having difficulty getting into the Talks section, saying something about her username and email registration? I don't know anything about it so maybe anyone else know's how to fix it or at least what's wrong? Another member can access it so I don't understand why she's having issues...unless it's possible that her internet isn't compatible? Which to me doesn't make sense since it's compatible with the rest of the site?

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-24-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterPrincess View Post
Thank you! Also one of my members is having difficulty getting into the Talks section, saying something about her username and email registration? I don't know anything about it so maybe anyone else know's how to fix it or at least what's wrong? Another member can access it so I don't understand why she's having issues...unless it's possible that her internet isn't compatible? Which to me doesn't make sense since it's compatible with the rest of the site?
Yeah, it says that my username and email are already taken, and it won't let me re-register or anything, that section comes up blank.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-24-2009, 03:03 PM

You shouldn't need to log in under Talks; you should automatically BE logged in. O_o

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-24-2009, 03:29 PM

That is odd. I've never heard of that issue before, but it might be because its a different system. The Talks system is our old forum one and needs to be updated to the same format. Its possible that it has retained the old member list and for some reason your screenname is on there as a different user, but that would be unusual. When you go back to the mainsite, are you logged out?

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Closed Thread