Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Comments & Suggestions (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/comments-suggestions/)
-   -   Club Page "Talks" Section (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/comments-suggestions/21571-club-page-talks-section.html)

LancasterPrincess 08-24-2009 02:02 AM

Club Page "Talks" Section

I have a question about Clubs. I am the creator of The_Contestants Club and only very recently found out the "Talks" was available. (I'd clicked on it before and it didn't work) Anywho, I was wondering if that makes me "moderator" of that Talks section of my Club? I can delete topics, and it lets me go into "moderator mode" so I was just wondering.

Also, since I've only just discovered it, what are it's capabilities? I mean who can access it (only my members or everyone?) Can those people also submit topics? I guess I'm just looking for an overview because after discovering it works I realize how conveniant it can be since there can now be topics instead of just pages upon pages of comments.

Please and thank you! And the more detail the better! :mrgreen:

P.s. I didn't know where to put this, but I hope here is okay?

Silent_Wolf 08-24-2009 06:45 AM

Talks is basically just like having your own little forum; only your members can see it. (Well, as far as I know, only the members do.) Yes, you are a moderator of it; you can also appoint other mods of it, I think, since you're the club owner? Anyway, if you're not used to moderator powers, make a few test threads to practice closing, moving, etc.

LancasterPrincess 08-24-2009 12:19 PM

Thank you! Also one of my members is having difficulty getting into the Talks section, saying something about her username and email registration? I don't know anything about it so maybe anyone else know's how to fix it or at least what's wrong? Another member can access it so I don't understand why she's having issues...unless it's possible that her internet isn't compatible? Which to me doesn't make sense since it's compatible with the rest of the site?

Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX 08-24-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LancasterPrincess (Post 862022)
Thank you! Also one of my members is having difficulty getting into the Talks section, saying something about her username and email registration? I don't know anything about it so maybe anyone else know's how to fix it or at least what's wrong? Another member can access it so I don't understand why she's having issues...unless it's possible that her internet isn't compatible? Which to me doesn't make sense since it's compatible with the rest of the site?

Yeah, it says that my username and email are already taken, and it won't let me re-register or anything, that section comes up blank.

Silent_Wolf 08-24-2009 02:03 PM

You shouldn't need to log in under Talks; you should automatically BE logged in. O_o

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 08-24-2009 02:29 PM

That is odd. I've never heard of that issue before, but it might be because its a different system. The Talks system is our old forum one and needs to be updated to the same format. Its possible that it has retained the old member list and for some reason your screenname is on there as a different user, but that would be unusual. When you go back to the mainsite, are you logged out?

Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX 08-24-2009 03:30 PM

No, I am still logged in when I return to the mainsite. :-|

tinker_bell_96 08-24-2009 06:55 PM

i have no idea what the talks thing is about but when i clicked on that it brought me to the forums is that where it is supposed to take me or what lol

LancasterPrincess 08-24-2009 07:13 PM

That happend to Aaron too. But when he said he couldn't get into the Talks section I walked up and watched him click on the button to try it again and it worked. I don't know why it didn't work the first time but it worked the second time. When it works it'll bring you to a very very plain forum page. There are currently only 2 topics available, if you come anywhere near pink try again! :)

tinker_bell_96 08-24-2009 07:29 PM

thanks angel i did try it again and it worked